What you did today, part gazillion

Walsingham

It was a beautiful day. Dark, cold and rainy. :lol:

Rain like the fall of ruined seas from secret worlds above?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I spent half the day watching Beck:Mongolian Chop Squad and now I'm ending it with listening to songs. Call me incredibly sentimental but I was totally hooked there for a moment, jerked a tear almost.

Tomorrow, linguistics.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Off for my first bit of training later today. I am very very apprehensive. I'm too old to get shouted at, dammit.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Off for my first bit of training later today. I am very very apprehensive. I'm too old to get shouted at, dammit.

You're joining the reseves or something right? You dont have to go to boot camp for that? The training isnt every day but split into sessions spaced here and there?

Started looking for a new job, in a new state, or even country.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

why so, GD? tired of the RF mapping work? :o

do you do DSP software?

taks

No I really enjoyed network design, or redesign in my case. But since I wrapped up the West Florida project I was involuntarily reassigned to customer complaint/ response. It's only been 4 weeks and I'm already sick of explaning to people why they lose cell sevice once they travel 10-15 miles off shore and still have "4 bars" of service.

I applied for an in company position in Nashville as the transport manager. Still waiting on that one.

I've never done DSP design (beyond one class in college). My whole career has been in RF. I'm also looking at a position with TTC in Montana. Never been there but it sounds nice and has to be cheaper to live than West Palm Beach.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

WPB is indeed an expensive place to live. it's hard to even live "outside of town" down there at a reasonable price.

i was skiing with my verizon wireless buddy last year, who happens to be a director of their midwest network operations, during some avalanche blasting last year. apparently the blasting took down the link between the local VZW tower and the nearest hub (probably in denver), which immediately eliminated their service. we were in the coffee bar below jack's (copper mountain) and mentioned to someone that we had a pretty good understanding of _why_ service went down because of our respective backgrounds (not mentioning the fact that he couldn't get in touch with his office to find out the true scoop) and some lady overheard our conversation. 30 seconds later she asked for more info, and my buddy replied that he was a director with VZW, and immediately she wanted to know why her service in buena vista sucked and expected him to answer. i chuckled and noted that he should've kept his mouth shut! :o customer service rawks! not.

montana probably is cheap, but you get paid less, too (but i'd bet your standard of living would go UP overall, 10% pay cut but 30% cost of living decrease kinda thing). the DSP world is picking up, or at least, oxford has been bugging me more lately. they always seem to want my skills when i'm gainfully employed but not a whisper when i'm looking for work. oh well. denver has been pretty hot lately, btw.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i was skiing with my verizon wireless buddy last year, who happens to be a director of their midwest network operations, during some avalanche blasting last year. apparently the blasting took down the link between the local VZW tower and the nearest hub (probably in denver), which immediately eliminated their service. we were in the coffee bar below jack's (copper mountain) and mentioned to someone that we had a pretty good understanding of _why_ service went down because of our respective backgrounds (not mentioning the fact that he couldn't get in touch with his office to find out the true scoop) and some lady overheard our conversation. 30 seconds later she asked for more info, and my buddy replied that he was a director with VZW, and immediately she wanted to know why her service in buena vista sucked and expected him to answer. i chuckled and noted that he should've kept his mouth shut! :o customer service rawks! not.

taks

That link was almost certainly microwae since there are few fiber rings in the mountains. Having a cell in town is all well and good but with out the DS1s to connect it to the switch either microwaed or telco you'e got nothing. During hurricane recoery down here it was really frustrating to get a site up on generatoe and hae it not be damaged but still off the air because the telco T1s were down. That is the nice thing about microwave. You control your whole path from A to Z and do not have to rely on a middle man..

Thomas Sowell

probably... it's likely attached to the cell site itself, and was damaged in the blast. other services continued to work and fortunately, i had a t-mobile cell with me as well so we did have access outside of the village at copper.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I hope it works out for you guys, Feng.

Seriously, I do, because my extended family is filled with similar histories and situations, and at some point it just became so bad that I had to seperate myself from them. And that was just extended family, I can't even imagine how much it would suck to have a situation like that in your immediate close family.

So, I just took my glasses off (I only use them when I'm watcing tv or I'm on computer) and snap, frame broke and lense dropped on floor.

Srsly WTF?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

That was the longest post I have ever read in any forum. I feel quite proud of myself and at the same time I feel sorry you have to go trough something so... "soap opera drama" like. I don

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Fengie, I can't imagine what you are going through but it sounds pretty mesed up. I hope for the best for you.

My job is beginning to annoy me. Its not the work itself. Its pretty damn easy to be honest. It is dealing with the stupid people that come in. Around 2:30 to 4:30 the Lottery terminal goes down because the Lottery server it connects to goes offline for its daily maintenance. Not a big deal, but I can't redeem any lottery tickets or sell Powerball or any of the numbered lotto games. There was this one guy, who looked like he was beaten up prior coming into the store. Bloody nose, cut lip, that sort of thing. Well, he wanted to buy a lottery ticket so he bought one of the scratch offs. He got a $2 ticket and began to scratch it on my counter.

That was the beginning of my annoyance with him. He then wanted to redeem it. I saw that he won his $2 back but the server was down so I told him that the terminal was offline due to the lottery server was down. He gave me a blank stare then stated that he wanted to redeem his ticket. I repeated myself, stating that I couldn't redeem tickets at this time because the server was down for maintenance.

Again, he gave me a blank stare. He started to rant about how he just spent money on a lottery ticket that he can't redeem even though he won. He was nearly screaming at me to redeem his ticket. I repeated myself a third time and told him to leave the store.

Pissed off, he slammed the ticket on the counter and stormed out of the store.

At the end of my shift I redeemed the ticket, took the $2, and put it in the Special Olympics collection jar.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My job is beginning to annoy me. Its not the work itself. Its pretty damn easy to be honest. It is dealing with the stupid people that come in. Around 2:30 to 4:30 the Lottery terminal goes down because the Lottery server it connects to goes offline for its daily maintenance. Not a big deal, but I can't redeem any lottery tickets or sell Powerball or any of the numbered lotto games. There was this one guy, who looked like he was beaten up prior coming into the store. Bloody nose, cut lip, that sort of thing. Well, he wanted to buy a lottery ticket so he bought one of the scratch offs. He got a $2 ticket and began to scratch it on my counter.

That was the beginning of my annoyance with him. He then wanted to redeem it. I saw that he won his $2 back but the server was down so I told him that the terminal was offline due to the lottery server was down. He gave me a blank stare then stated that he wanted to redeem his ticket. I repeated myself, stating that I couldn't redeem tickets at this time because the server was down for maintenance.

Again, he gave me a blank stare. He started to rant about how he just spent money on a lottery ticket that he can't redeem even though he won. He was nearly screaming at me to redeem his ticket. I repeated myself a third time and told him to leave the store.

Pissed off, he slammed the ticket on the counter and stormed out of the store.

At the end of my shift I redeemed the ticket, took the $2, and put it in the Special Olympics collection jar.

I could not do your job for all the corn in Iowa. I have no people skills and it is at least likely I would have punched that guy.

Thomas Sowell

The only type of customer that I would love to punch is the one who comes in, looks around the store for 20 to 30 minutes, cannot make a decision on anything, then finally decides on getting a 99 cent burrito, nukes it, and when he brings it to the counter realizing he left his money at home.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I remember a time when I was gainfully employed. Worst 2 and a half months of my life. Number one I made salads so I was already losing my masculinity by the second and number 2 I had to deal with some supremely moronic people.

It's absolutely pouring outside, probably the most rainfall I have ever seen in my entire life in vegas besides like 10 years ago when it flooded like crazy, but thats besides the point. This dude comes in completely soaked and is like

Crazy middle aged drenched dude: "It's really cold in here, are you guys running the air conditioner. It's freezing."

Lowly salad tosser :'(: "Ugh Sir it's about room temperature, I think you are cold becuase you are soaked with water."

Becoming increasingly stupider perhaps from hypothermia: "No, it's cold in here becuase you have the air conditioner on, tell the manager to turn it off."

Then this other time I'm behind the counter minding my own business being a good little corporate monkey making salads for all those lucky to taste first hand what kind of love I put into every salad when these two parents come over and the next thing i know they raise their son up. I stare in horror as I see the enormity of his head compared to his small frail little body. Then they asked if he could get a broom and sweep around and what little faith I had in humanity was all but lost. I told them no and if I cold to never procreate ever again. Kill it with fire.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

All the love for humanity in this thread humors me

Also, fixed my glasses

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

The love for humanity in this thread fixed your glasses? ;)

Never underestimate power of the Dark Side