What you did today, part gazillion

Walsingham

So you get to have your cake and eat it too, huh? Rat bastard.

Too bad you're not local, DD. I wouldn't mind seeing a show.

Now, as for me, I'm getting ready to demo my counter. I don't really know from where the term "demo" is described, but I supsect it's short for "demolish." Anyhow, I'm going to start with one section today and, if it goes well, I might just demo the whole thing. If it'll take me into this evening, I'll stop and finish tomorrow. Then, on Monday, they'll install my new counter. If I had the skills, I'd do the whole counter myself as well to save the money. Alas, I'm not going to take the chance on screwing up the job. Once the counter is done, however, I might just take a chance with the cabinets. That's just replacing the doors and drawers after all.

PS If you manage to get that steampowered computer running, tale, let me know. I might buy one.

When you say demo you mean you are just taking the counter off right becuase demo is more like the word it comes from "demolish" ie taking a sledgehammer and murdering stuff to death. If you aren't even touching the cabinets then all you'll need is like a screw driver and a utility knife to take the old counter off unless its like tile in which you'll need a hammer and a pry bar. I'd say its just easier to knock out everything at once, for one you can go nuts and two you don't really have to worry about damage control. Then if later you want to get the cabinets replaced your just going to have to do the whole thing all over again. But good luck to you cant. Hope the crappy contractors your hiring do a wonderful job and it turns out nice.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Enoch please tell me you are not marrying a lawyer. No no no no, that is a mistake. You need to pick someone from a different profession, like a doctor or something. Two lawyers cancel each other out. It will ruin both your careers. Why just look at..... wait, he was elected President. But look at his wife she.... wait she might be President too. Nevermind.

:) It sounded funnier in my head.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but wanted to post it. I know that Obsidian is based out of Cali, but not precisely where. Any chance you guys might be near Irvine?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=630962

Obsidian could do some playtesting for Valve. For lulz. And, y'know... to establish inter-industry relationships.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A few minutes ago, I sliced my right index finger just below the first knuckle while using a particularly ill-advised method of opening a package with a pocket knife. I knew that it was dangerous, and I've cut myself like that before, but yet I persisted. Frustration at stubborn packaging makes me do stupid things.

The gifts inside (2 christmas ornaments from my fiancee's grandmother) were not worth shedding blood over.

Edited by Enoch

Was it one of those form fitted plastic-wrapped every-edge-glued packages, which were likely a conspiracy-driven invention to make us all buy more Band-Aids? Many battles, many scars.

And this week we're still hanging in limbo waiting for a homeowner to move out of their house so the bank that owns their house can legally accept or counter-offer our bid. It's frustrating.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A good day. Lots of laughs, lots of smiles. :thumbsup:

On that rather atypical, but welcome note, we move this to

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48556

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.