Pictures of your games

Walsingham

I don't know what you mean that Crysis is just another average FPS, It's not a god send but it's not as average as you're making it out to be

Why should I consider it anything but average? I can't think of any gameplay in crysis that was good enough to warrant it being labeled as above average.

The video is stupid since it complains that COD4 isn't openended which I doubt is what infinityward was going for. I didn't watch all of it though so does it become better than that?

So what you're basically saying is that freedom or no freedom, they're both the same in terms of averageness. Pretty short sighted if you ask me

I went on a shooting rampage Downtown.

She doesn't care about Humanity, she does what thou wilt.

Feeding on humans in front of others is a Masquerade violation. We have none of that.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

So what you're basically saying is that freedom or no freedom, they're both the same in terms of averageness. Pretty short sighted if you ask me

No. I'm saying that those are two different ways of making a game and many people would prefer the COD4 way of focusing on tight, fun and linear battles instead of the freeform, preplaced, puzzle-like solving of Crysis.

Edit: That is why the video sucks, he forgets that neither way of making games is inherently superior. If he wants to explore then he should go find a game that allows him to instead of a pseudo-squad-action game (in the singeplayer at least).

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

The vid is saying that COD4 is following a dated formula, contrasting against modern games which are getting more and more freedom. More freedom is like better graphics; it's newer and superior. I played the first level of Crysis like 5 times, all differently. I only played the first level of COD4 once, since I saw everything the first time.

The vid is saying that COD4 is following a dated formula, contrasting against modern games which are getting more and more freedom. More freedom is like better graphics; it's newer and superior. I played the first level of Crysis like 5 times, all differently. I only played the first level of COD4 once, since I saw everything the first time.

I know. The problem is that you can't say that more exploration is equal to greater graphics and as such shouldn't be a question, they are two completely different aproaches to singeplayer FPS unlike greater graphics vs. worse graphics where the difference between them is incremental.

I know. The problem is that you can't say that more exploration is equal to greater graphics and as such shouldn't be a question, they are two completely different aproaches to singeplayer FPS unlike greater graphics vs. worse graphics where the difference between them is incremental.

Why shouldn't I say that? They are both used to give more realism.

Better visuals make a game seem more real. Flexibility let's you go where you want, which seems more real since you don't follow a scripted track in real life

But that same flexibility disallows the same kind of control that non-explorable terrain gives over individual battles. It is far easier to make individual battles fun and challenging when you have complete control over how the players enters, exits and moves.

Also realism is hardly the pinnacle of gaming, gamedevs will always sacrafice realism for gameplay if it's worth it.

I miss old FPS Doom kind of games.

The Doom series.

Heretic.

Blood.

Duke Nukem.

Redneck Rampage.

And now all we get is Halo, more Halo, another Halo clone. Bleh.

You realise that those games were themselves clones to the point of 3 of them(Doom, Heretic, Blood) having the same engine?

I think the fps genre has gone a long way, a lot longer than rts and rpg at least

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Also realism is hardly the pinnacle of gaming, gamedevs will always sacrafice realism for gameplay if it's worth it.

Realism is the pinnacle of gaming, and is what most games strive for, which is also why game system requirements keep getting higher and higher. Games will always continue to get more real in some ways as long as the realism doesn't interfere with fun (one shot deaths are no fun)

You mean they strive for photorealism? Unless we inhabit different realities and yours has people with nanosuits facing armies relatively alone, crystalline alien ships and frozen jungles.

I think Moatillata ment realism in terms of games responding to real world rules.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Um... Where did that Shadow Priest go?"

post-17979-1207115023_thumb.jpg

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"