Pictures of your games

Walsingham

Wait, what? What should I see or what is missing?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What's missing? More like - why is there such a concentrated enemy force constantly rammed up the player's ass?

The game would've been no telling how much better if the ratio of anomalies to human foes was slanted in the other direction.

Stalker:Shadow of Chernobyl it is, though I reckon Blodhemn is using some mods.

Honestly, the game is pretty unbalanced in its unmodded state and it is advisable to install some mods. However, there's only a couple of spots in the game where the enemy spawn can be annoying, and two of them are in Garbage and can mostly be avoided at least, and I don't think the respawning is enough to call a very decent game "garbage". Well, to each their own. I think there are worse problems as it is, like the high amount of glitches still in play or the fairly idiotic quest design.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Steam version is patched to final, 1.0007 iirc(give or take a zero, all patches have been inside the same numerals), which means that the game is pretty stable, but you are bummed about mods. Unfortunate really, since the quality of both fanpatches, tweaks, total conversions and regular mods has been consistently high.

kirottu said:

Oh, sure. The problem is that the scene has yet to catch up to 07. There's a ton of finalized fanwork out that was made for 04 or 05(06 being the first pure multiplayer patch - no idea why since multiplayer is quite dead) and is unlikely to be redone for the newest patches in near future. I'm playing with 1.005(again, feck the zeros) myself and won't likely ever upgrade, since the mod community seems to have to made up their mind to build on well-known ground(read: everyone is just combining modifications or releasing personalized versions of them - google 'Oblivion Lost mod' or 'AKM' for instance).

I'm not saying that 07 is without mods, but there's waiting to be done, unless te player wants to mod themself.

kirottu said:

Stalker:Shadow of Chernobyl it is, though I reckon Blodhemn is using some mods.

Honestly, the game is pretty unbalanced in its unmodded state and it is advisable to install some mods. However, there's only a couple of spots in the game where the enemy spawn can be annoying, and two of them are in Garbage and can mostly be avoided at least, and I don't think the respawning is enough to call a very decent game "garbage". Well, to each their own. I think there are worse problems as it is, like the high amount of glitches still in play or the fairly idiotic quest design.

Well basically I felt extremely let down. The cool aspects of the game are for the most part, extremely underutilized. Giving how well done the underground sections of the game were which called for anomalies galore, the bulk of it deals with underwhelming and tedious gun battles with boring human AI. The bandits/military should've been left to the surface. It's just an overload of the same crap. The underground should've been strictly left to anomalies with tons of abstactions and confusing corridors.

Unfortunately for me I got STALKER off of Steam, which apparently means no patches and no mods.

:sad:

I haven't used any but here is where they are: http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=commun...=xr&lang=en

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

What does the large dog-head mean?

The large doghead (actually a wolf) is your magical necklace. You can set it to either alert you to the presence of monsters or sources of power. It will glow when either is nearby. It also tracks your xp progress toward the next level in the round circle around the head.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It starts to tremble once you near something magical and will eventually start growling and quaking once you are in the vicinity of monsters for instance.

kirottu said:

Nice.

You know, someday, someone is going to make a game without %$^#%@^ crates.