Pictures of your games

Walsingham

Well the UI is very similar... though I see they at least modified the spell bar a little.

Is the gameplay any good?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've heard some people like it while others loath it, just like any other game. I might give the demo a go, but I do not think it's worth the monthly fee.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's just the poor quality of ingame graphics selected for the screenshot. It actually looks different and imo a lot prettier.

My computer can't run it at max settings, so the screen shot was a poor representation of what it looks like with a nice video card. Also those with Vista can use other options that can improve the graphics even more. I did think the graphics were better than WOW thoough....

It looks pretty amazing with DirectX 10 as well.

Anyone who complains about the monthly fee for Lord of the Rings Online has no clue what they are talking about. Turbine has released 8 very sizable content patches over the last year. I'm not talking about tweaks, I'm talking about entirely new areas and thousands of new quests. It's also been very well spread out over the levels, rather than just high end content. I played WoW for two years and Blizzard was nowhere near as good at releasing new content. Sony makes you pay for new expansions every 6 months in EQ2 instead of free content updates, so I've got to say that Turbine is by far the best bang for your buck when it comes to MMO's. I pay $10 a month by the way, which is the same price as a movie ticket.

Well, I should have added that I dislike all "pay-for-play" MMORPGs and have yet to see any that I would pay a monthly fee to - but, yes, LotR-O is one of the better ones out there for those who like that sort of game. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, I should have added that I dislike all "pay-for-play" MMORPGs and have yet to see any that I would pay a monthly fee to - but, yes, LotR-O is one of the better ones out there for those who like that sort of game. :p

Ah, that makes sense. MMO's are definitely not for everyone. Thank you for explaining. :lol: