Pictures of your games

Walsingham

What the hell is he doing with his knife? :rolleyes:

Stabbing crates. Classic FPS gameplay right there.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

What the hell is he doing with his knife? :o

umm I meant the stroking the sharp edge with his bare fingers :o

Oh -that. I have no idea, it's the default animation for some reason. :teehee:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Gothic32008-04-2005-49-56-45.jpg

I think he might have hung there for a bit too long. Sometimes I just love the graphics in Gothic 3..

Gothic32008-04-2006-44-59-92.jpg

The world is very robust. If you see something, you can interact with it. There's no background. Everything is real. The mountains on the horizon? Climbable. Exemplified here by having the Nameless Hero standing on top of a castle roof.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

umm I meant the stroking the sharp edge with his bare fingers :o

Oh -that. I have no idea, it's the default animation for some reason. :teehee:

It looks ridiculous. :o

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

umm I meant the stroking the sharp edge with his bare fingers :ermm:

Oh -that. I have no idea, it's the default animation for some reason. :sweat:

It looks ridiculous. :ermm:

I agree. ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

He testing the edge with his finger to make sure it is really really sharp.

Hey, he's running around in a radiation zone. NO one ever said he was smart.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

More Gothic 3..

Gothic32008-04-2102-44-25-10.jpg

My future adversaries all lined up! And yes, I have 1 HP left.. I fell off a cliff.

Gothic32008-04-2104-11-47-43.jpg

I finally decided to try to free Vengard, the capital. The orcs overwhelmed me so I took refuge on the top floor of a small house and tried the Spartan tactics of crowding the doorway. It worked! (aka abusing bad AI..)

Gothic32008-04-2104-47-04-57.jpg

Three commanders down, two to go.. and the sun is setting. That's the narrow bridge to the King's castle in the background.

Gothic32008-04-2105-13-23-18.jpg

Found a barricaded paladin on top of this tower overlooking the castle. Night has set, but all the commanders are dead.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The atmosphere is STALKER is simply marvelous. Oblivion may look better, but it doesn't FEEL better, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

post-378-1209094651_thumb.jpg

post-378-1209094659_thumb.jpg

It's difference between natural and botox?

Edit: Actually, that looks fugly. What have you done with the graphical settings?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's difference between natural and botox?

Edit: Actually, that looks fugly. What have you done with the graphical settings?

I just took the defaults that the game gave me. 1024*768 Full Dynamic lighting High quality *shrugs*

It looks pretty good to me, but I'm not so particular maybe?

I'm just saying that the game looks better on my PC, and my setup isn't a very good one. From looking at the screenies, one thing I can see is that you seem to have the drawing distance set to really low.

Heja Sverige!!

I'm just saying that the game looks better on my PC, and my setup isn't a very good one. From looking at the screenies, one thing I can see is that you seem to have the drawing distance set to really low.

Is that a changeable setting? I'll poke around a bit in the options.

I found that setting. It was set at about half to three quarters so I turned it up to max distance. That was a nice tip. Thank you, Pidesco. :bat:

You're welcome. :bat:

You can always try Tweak Guides if you want to improve your settings.

Heja Sverige!!

Also, I would question the fact that you have full dynamic lighting enabled - it looks like the DX8 static to me, and, believe me, I know what that looks like as I had been using it without meaning to for the first ten-plus hours of play.

-Hurlshot

Also, I would question the fact that you have full dynamic lighting enabled - it looks like the DX8 static to me, and, believe me, I know what that looks like as I had been using it without meaning to for the first ten-plus hours of play.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll double check. I thought that the game setup had enabled it by default on my machine, but I didn't set it myself so I may be wrong.