I dont like being a grownup

I just have to express my dismay in that I have recieved my pre-ordered copy of Jade Empire(PC) but I have so much work at University that I wont be able to play it for maybe 2 weeks. Back when I was younger and more irresponsible, this wasnt an issue. Dont you also dislike it when this happens?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Of course. Plus back in my day, the cool games we had were from the Atari and ColecoVision. These days the games kick ass on great systems and there is no time to play them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Of course. Plus back in my day, the cool games we had were from the Atari and ColecoVision. These days the games kick ass on great systems and there is no time to play them.

I perfectly understand you pal...

I bought BG1,2 and IWD1 in 2001 and completed them 4 years later because of uni

I bought NWN and its expansions upon their release and only played them and finished them last summer

I have bought both kotor games and twenty other ones approximately and I have barely touched them...

I just wonder when I will have the time to play NWN2, JE or dragon age...

poor me... :'(

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Well, I get 3 days off a week. I use one day to plan for my PnP gaming, one day to game on my PC, and the third day to get all my weekly errands done..

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I probably spend a good 3-4 hours per day playing video games. The problem is that I'm not spending those hours playing games I want to play, most of the time. :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I bought NWN and its expansions upon their release and only played them and finished them last summer

I have bought both kotor games and twenty other ones approximately and I have barely touched them...

I think you work too hard. :thumbsup:

every time i sit down to play a game, i get guilty that i'm not working on my school stuff, or spending time with my family, or... the list goes on. as a result, i don't get a lot of game time in these days unless my son is sitting in my lap (which ain't too bad, actually, because he rather enjoys watching).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I think you work too hard. :)

It's not like I had much choice. I think I also have to blame my pc's poor quality which didn't allow me to play any of the recent games (games released after 2004)... I definitely need to buy a new one, but I still doubt I will be able to play as much as I want...

*sigh* I was a true videogame nerd when I was a kid... It's amazing how one can change... :brows:

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I had time to play it maybe 15min today when I was home for dinner. The keyboard felt really unrepsonsive to use so I plugged in a friends 360 controller and that worked better except I hate how the imprecise the lookaround is with a thumbstick.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If the game's good enough, I'll make time. This is sometimes actually good for my schoolwork, as I'll freak out about not having enough time and then finish the assignment when I might have just blown it off at any other time.

Ahh yes, last minute panic is always the great motivator. :aiee:

I just have to express my dismay in that I have recieved my pre-ordered copy of Jade Empire(PC) but I have so much work at University that I wont be able to play it for maybe 2 weeks. Back when I was younger and more irresponsible, this wasnt an issue. Dont you also dislike it when this happens?

It only gets worse. The close I've got to making games the further I am from playing them, atleast stuff like JE.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I have some free time but not enough. I could cut down my internet time to play I guess.

Nah.

Ditto.

Or my photography learning time. But...no.

My limitations are still mostly my back. Other hobbies are better for and more kind to it.

I don't think I'm a grown-up yet, myself. :rolleyes:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Heh, me too. I found my old 2600 a few weeks ago. As soon as I make or buy a UHF-RG6 adapter I am so going to hook it up and take a real nostalgia trip. I can still hear the sounds of Asteroids.... Da Dum Da Dum Da Dum

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm 15 and my school day ends at 3PM. I can do almost anything from 3PM to 12PM every day.

you mean 12 am... Otherwise theres only three hours of school in that equasion.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have just enough time for games. An RPG of standard lenght (40-70 hours) takes me a couple of months to complete (for example, NWN2 took 3 months, KOTOR 1&2 around 2 months), but that's not a bad thing. Just means that i can enjoy it longer than others. :)