Pictures of your games...

Darque

Don't be afraid to run away when playing the Russians. Your troops need to gain experience before you try to do anything clever. Also, pack at least one or two completely expendable units for flushing out enemy AT and other ambuscades. Great game, though. I wonder where my copy has gone...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hehe. Second battle turned out to be a total disaster. Not only was I barely recovering from the losses from the first battle, but reinforcements were meager at best (I obtained a few AT rifles, which didn't turn out to be of much use. I should have probably gotten a mortar, though that would have been even less effective against armor - not that I was in any way effective, anyway). I did what little I could to try to stall the German advance, but that turned out rather counterproductive as my new green units quickly went the way of gobble gobble. Upon pulling my remaining injured broken units to relative safety, I ordered a tactical retreat so that they may fight another day.

Third battle involved the final stand before the enemy would arrive at Lvov. My orders were basically to hold at all cost. I had more resources this time around, and tanks were available. I could, of course, not afford a single one of them (unless it meant crippling my infantry support, which would have been quite bad). I snatched up an AT gun and 2 AT rifles. Hiding them behind hills and setting up flank positions, I then set up my infantry and MG's to scout ahead, pulling back whenever things would get hectic. To be honest, my infantry didn't get too much done, but they did get a few kills, and they managed to (for the most part ;)) stay alive. More importantly, though, they were my spotters. Mortar support was very appreciated this time around, and played an essential role in holding back the enemy. The screenshot below shows Hill 101, where most of the fighting took place (as well as the houses to the West - where I had positioned some infantry initially). I had placed a few infantry to the North as well, in the bunker, just in case the enemy would attack from there. It didn't happen, and the enemy only had a tank there. I had no choice but to pull back some units, which led to the pile of corpses you see between the bunker and Hill 101. I had managed to get the rest of the team to safety, though. I had doubts about using the bunker in the first place, since it was surrounded by clear terrain. Oh well.

As the ****y tank tried to advance more, though, it fell into my trap, where my AT gun/rifles awaited on both sides. I took down two of those jerkfaces, including the one blowing up in the screenie. Some mortar fire eventually forced me to (try to) pull back, but the last straw was the advance of enemy flamethrowers. One of my AT rifle teams was grilled on the spot. I quickly ordered a rapid retreat to the village to the East, with some mortar support to stall the enemy. I managed to pin the flamies down while my infantry got to safety and helped with suppression from afar, where it was safer. The AT gun, though, didn't really budge. Or if it did, I didn't even notice it. But it was too late, anyway.By the time I'd be able to turn around and try to run, enemy infantry would come up and attack it. The last few mortars and my secured infantry helped to pin down the enemy as my AT gun team stood their ground (more out of necessity than bravery). They got a few grenades off and some of them weren't bad with the rifle. The AT gun itself finally turned in the direction of the enemy and I managed to blow up a few. By then, being suppressed from multiple fronts, the flamies surrendered, while their cronies pulled back. I held my ground as the enemy tried a few other times to unsuccessfully get back on the hill.

As time finally went up, it was finally my first victory in the campaign, after a close call in the first battle and a humiliating defeat/retreat in the second. I dealt more casualties, including 2 tanks. One of my reserve infantry went KIA early on (which I could have prevented, bah) and one AT Rifle team grilled to a crisp, but overall things went well. Major victory.

Those jerks won't get to Lvov.

So, er, yeah. I'm liking the game.

post-161-1171858134_thumb.jpg

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm quite enjoying the scarcity of resources so far, and I think it'll help me appreciate when I actually *get* those resources later on, even if it means more tank-heavy battles.

The game is hard on Veteran ;_; but it's all part of the charm.

Hadescopy.jpg

Battle 4 went very well, leading to a major victory. My resources were spent on replenishing my previous losses, as well as getting a bit luxurious in terms of numbers. The setup was similar to the previous battle (exact same map, after all, I just need to hold it longer). This time, though, my setup was more Eastward, with the bulk of my infantry in the Eastern village for fire support. I managed to get two of their tanks, and they suffered many more losses than me, given that I had a pretty good field of vision/fire. In the end, the losers requested a truce. I could have held on longer, but I accepted, because I'm nice like that. I also simply wanted to cut my losses to a minimum.

Next battle will be the last of the first scenario of the campaign. This time around, it'll be about holding the area against one final German push. With very little losses this round and more reinforcements on the way, I'm hoping my chances are good.

Jerks.

post-161-1171932123_thumb.jpg

Hadescopy.jpg

Haven't posted in quite awhile, but I'm truly enjoying this game. I know quite a lot of people are having problems with bugs, but I haven't come across any game crashing bugs with the latest patch and with a few tweaks of the ini file, my performance is quite well with my graphic settings.

post-330-1171979875_thumb.jpg

Edited by SadExchange

Be nice to know what game it is, Saddie. :teehee:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It got deleted, mkreku.

Thanks.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

An ancient game from the days of my youth! Tempest is fun!

Very nice looking. :aiee:

Tempest right?
Tempest is fun!

:)

I also have Millipede, Pong, Asteroids, SuperBreakout and a few others.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

An elven rogue/fighter beating up things. I need to see how this one develops. No, he is not a dark elf.

post-17979-1172100277_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1172100407_thumb.jpg

post-17979-1172100575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sand

If it's dark and an elf, I'm heavily tempted to say it fits the description of a dark elf.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

He's a Moon Elf. MOON ELF!

post-17979-1172102080_thumb.jpg