The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

Playing PST for the fighting would be like eating a sandwich for the bread. Or something. :">

Anyway, yay BG3!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Aren't there 2 factions missing there? I don't mean to be annoying... sorry... I just want the module to be as close as possible to the original game.

All of the groups that were originally involved with the story are still involved, but two of them now seem inappropriate choices for faction development. You can still make meaningful choices with them, but their arcs aren't as long or complex as the other groups'.

Thanks for the reply, Josh!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

OMG... I'd given up all hope. How wonderful! It sounds like an enormous project for one person, but if anyone can pull it off, you can, Josh. I have wanted this game for so very long...

*gets giddy with excitement!*

Google Page Creator sucks when it comes to inserting images in pages. So, I created three Picassa galleries and linked them to the Images page of the FAQ. This appears to be working.

Josh, if you notice any out-of-place image (e.g. from Stonekeep 2 or TORN), please let me know. I already spotted a couple of Vance's Wheel of Time RPG images in ramza's collection, and I won't be uploading them.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Google Page Creator sucks when it comes to inserting images in pages. So, I created three Picassa galleries and linked them to the Images page of the FAQ. This appears to be working.

Josh, if you notice any out-of-place image (e.g. from Stonekeep 2 or TORN), please let me know. I already spotted a couple of Vance's Wheel of Time RPG images in ramza's collection, and I won't be uploading them.

Which ones are these? Are you talking about the character art I had in my folder? I noticed that you didn't upload some of the pictures like the one depicting an orc priest or a halfling thief... Are those from WoT? I thought Wot didnt have orcs or halflings?

Anyway, keep up the good work! ;)

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Specifically, I-06 through I-09 are all from Wheel of Time.

I-06 is a guardian of the Stone of Tear

I-07 is an ogier scholar (not an orc)

I-08 is Padan Fain

I-09 is Thom Merrilin

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

A question for Josh: are you going to try and implement the Sleeping/Residency rules from the original game, or are we stuck with NWN2's rest-wherever-whenever?

A question for Josh: are you going to try and implement the Sleeping/Residency rules from the original game, or are we stuck with NWN2's rest-wherever-whenever?

The toolkit lets one choose such things, rest-wherever-whenever is just something setup for NWN2, it can be defined however one wishes... Naturally I can't actually say what Josh has in mind, but if he wants the sleeping/residency rules to be in, there is no reason why they cannot be implemented.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

That's nice to know.

Is it possible to replace the 3D animated portraits with the painted portraits we have? The latter look so much cooler. And that would give a BG-ish feel to the game.

...did I see a Rust Monster in there???...well, at least Grommy'll be happy (didna see no Wemics, though, more's the pity)... >_<

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Care to elaborate on those sleeping/residency rules?

This never made it to the old Jefferson FAQ, but I still have it saved in my "Jefferson File:"

Jefferson's current design for resting takes two forms: sleeping and residency. Sleeping is just that: you rest for eight hours and then get up. Residency allows the player to select daily activities for the individual members of the party.

Yes, I stole this directly from Darklands.

Is it possible to replace the 3D animated portraits with the painted portraits we have? The latter look so much cooler. And that would give a BG-ish feel to the game.

I'm not sure if the NWN2 engine supports this or not, but I know Josh considers painted portraits to be a waste of the artists' time.

Jefferson's current design for resting takes two forms: sleeping and residency. Sleeping is just that: you rest for eight hours and then get up. Residency allows the player to select daily activities for the individual members of the party.

Does that mean sleeping is a limited restoration (of hitpoints / vitality) whilst allowing arcane magic users to re-learn their spells?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm not sure if the NWN2 engine supports this or not, but I know Josh considers painted portraits to be a waste of the artists' time.

meh, the Jefferson portraits are absolutely awesome... It would be a pity not to use them.

I prefer painted portraits to 3D models as well.

Care to elaborate on those sleeping/residency rules?

This never made it to the old Jefferson FAQ, but I still have it saved in my "Jefferson File:"

Ah yes, I remember that post. Though what exactly is meant by daily activities?

Not to pick on the 2D portraits but I like my character portrait to actually look like my character.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Not to pick on the 2D portraits but I like my character portrait to actually look like my character.

It didnt really matter in the IE games since you couldn't see your character's face. Now, that's another problem with the NWN series. Jefferson was initially supposed to look like the IE games, so the use of portraits was acceptable. I don't know what the result would be in NWN2.

I just have a question though: Will we be able to bypass the level cap and class/prestige class restrictions Sawyer will implement in his module? I thought it would be cool to have a few levels in a PrC that has a connection with one of the factions we would be dealing with. Some PrCs can be available from level 5.

Suppose we can deal with the red wizards, the shadow thieves, the harpers, the purple dragon knights, hathran witches. If we take levels in the appropriate classes, our choice will have an influence on our reputation with each faction. That would be create some nice roleplaying opportunities.

I just have a question though: Will we be able to bypass the level cap and class/prestige class restrictions Sawyer will implement in his module? I thought it would be cool to have a few levels in a PrC that has a connection with one of the factions we would be dealing with. Some PrCs can be available from level 5.

What happened to "I want the game to be as close to the original concept as possible"? :bat: