The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

Good website, Sammy. I am very much looking forward to this mod. Hmmm... Can we do the same with Van Buren/Fallout 3 with NWN2? Um... maybe not... :D

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Guys, does this so called Baldur's Gate 3: The Black Hound have anything whatsoever to do with the old seriers? Do you play as the Bhaalspawn? Will Minsc, Imoen or Saemon Havarian feature etc or is it just to get the 'Mega Hype' that comes with such a grand name?

/Saladin (from the BW forums, was taken here though, not nice. it's my nick damnyou-whoeverstoleit. :angry: ) (oh and these smilies are utter shyte)

My apologies. I did not realize Saladin was your nickname. Had I known, I would not have used it to create an alternate account. Again, I must apologize.

And no, no relation with the Bhaalspawn saga.

:):brows::brows:

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Guys, does this so called Baldur's Gate 3: The Black Hound have anything whatsoever to do with the old seriers? Do you play as the Bhaalspawn? Will Minsc, Imoen or Saemon Havarian feature etc or is it just to get the 'Mega Hype' that comes with such a grand name?

/Saladin (from the BW forums, was taken here though, not nice. it's my nick damnyou-whoeverstoleit. :angry: ) (oh and these smilies are utter shyte)

Salah ad-Din is a more accurate spelling anyways, if you are naming yourself after the 12th century Muslim general.

My apologies. I did not realize Saladin was your nickname. Had I known, I would not have used it to create an alternate account. Again, I must apologize.

Apology reluctantly accepted.. for now.

And no, no relation with the Bhaalspawn saga.

Bah! Baldur's Gate 3 is Throne of Bhaal anyway, and rightly so.

Eww.

Salah ad-Din is a more accurate spelling anyways, if you are naming yourself after the 12th century Muslim general.

I'm aware of that. His real name is Joseph son of Job if I'm not mistaken. Salah al Din is merely his title, or should I say 'ephitet'.

It's too hard to pronounce.

For some.

An epithet is something you put on someone. I don't know what Salah ad-Din means, but if it means something along the lines of "cunning Aristes," then we could call it an epithet.

By the way, we won't need to bump this topic as long as Sammael continues to get new information. I'm sure we'll keep it bumped up all by ourselves. However, if you want to bump this topic, my demonic friend, I think we wouldn't mind at all.

As far as the Baldur's Gate name goes, I'm happy enough if Sawyer drops it. The game should be judged on it's own merits, and not as the next iteration of a series that, by rights, should be over. I loved the Baldur's Gate games, but the whole story came to a logical end. I'm sure that the publisher wanted to take advantage of the name, but The Black Hound sounds plenty good from where I'm sittin'.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Joseph is hard to pronounce? :sorcerer:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That Megaupload thing never works for me, it always gives me the "all slots for your country are currently in use" message. Can you Rapidshare it?

DONE! :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/11056539/Jefferson.zip.html

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Thanks very much! I hope to have more of the FAQ up tonight, and I'll start looking over your compiled stuff after that.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

As far as the Baldur's Gate name goes, I'm happy enough if Sawyer drops it.  The game should be judged on it's own merits, and not as the next iteration of a series that, by rights, should be over.  I loved the Baldur's Gate games, but the whole story came to a logical end.  I'm sure that the publisher wanted to take advantage of the name, but The Black Hound sounds plenty good from where I'm sittin'.

I agree. The BG series is over and done with. If we need to do a Forgotten Realms game, lets start a new series.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The game was never intended to be a sequel of Baldur's Gate, they just had to use the name for licensing purposes.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Well that is all and good. If it has a new story, new characters, I'm game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The game was never intended to be a sequel of Baldur's Gate, they just had to use the name for licensing purposes.

It's fascinating to read about that. Interplay lost the D&D license to Atari, but maintained the ability to create Baldur's Gate titled D&D games. Which explains Dark Alliance.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

so i take it we will se the black hound then?

:blink:

:bat:

(just pretend it's a hound :p )

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

It's fascinating to read about that.  Interplay lost the D&D license to Atari, but maintained the ability to create Baldur's Gate titled D&D games.  Which explains Dark Alliance.

apparently you weren't a part of the bioware boards when this all went down, eh? suffice it to say, many of us regulars were shocked, dismayed, disappointed and even outright angry. even the codex regulars scorned the interplay debacle and they tend to be generally anti-bioware/interplay (post fallout).

we were shocked, of course, but not truly surprised.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

So will the reputation system work towards a balance ideal, where, say, if you complete a quest for the progressive thayans, you get +2 reputation with the progs and -1 with the tradionalist thayans? Or is it a +1 / -1 dynamic? Because if you do it right, playing with the +2/-1 system would allow a careful player to be more or less in everyone's good graces. That is assuming that you don't have to choose sides right off the bat (and commit to a set path of quests), and that extensive work for one camp wouldn't preclude work for the other.

In other words, would the PC be able to play both sides of a conflict (prog vs. trad Thayan, or Thayan vs. Simbian) or would he have to throw his lot in with a single faction?