The Black Hound FAQ

Sammael

I quoteth ye olde FAQ:

Question: Will there be painted character portraits in Jefferson?

No. Instead of portraits, Jefferson will feature 3D characters heads (somewhat similar to the ones seen in Planescape: Torment). Designers have promised that these heads will offer enough detail and customizability that players will want to use them for their Pen-and-Paper campaigns.

Those painted "portraits" we have are concept art and they would not have been used in the game anyway.

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Though what exactly is meant by daily activities?

In city you could do small everyday jobs based on what skills you have earning enough money for rent and small extra. You could also train your skills, but I

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

On the subject of prestige classes: it would not be worthwhile to design and implement prestige classes when you could never take more than 3 levels in a PrC at any rate. It'd be a waste of time.

Personally, I am sure that, once Josh releases TBH (whenever that may be), others may take the module and add m ore stuff (like PrCs) in. But I don't want him to waste his time on such trivial issues; I want the game to come out so I can experience the story and the characters. And, yes, I am this eager even after being spoiled about a good part of the story.

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Could you please create a "spoilers" section on your website? I would be interested to get some additional information.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I will never reveal any TBH spoilers in public or in private. That's Josh's prerogative. If he posts them in public, I will collect them and post them on the site (clearly indicating that they are spoilers).

I will never reveal any TBH spoilers in public or in private. That's Josh's prerogative. If he posts them in public, I will collect them and post them on the site (clearly indicating that they are spoilers).

meh :bat:

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Sorry, but you'll just have to be patient. :bat:

That, or e-mail Josh and ask for spoilers.

EDIT: And no, I don't have his e-mail address. :p

Edited by Sammael

You've done a great job on keeping track of these tidbits of information, Sammael. Thanks.

For everyone else, let's focus more on what we know of the Black Hound and less about our observations of other members.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...crappy, Josh...what caused the problem??... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

My core module was corrupted this morning, which was exciting.  I now consider myself a "blooded" modder of the tribe.

Did you go on flaming rampage on bioboards and claimed that you would never again buy another Obsidian game, because that would have been totally cool and awesome?

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Did you go on flaming rampage on bioboards and claimed that you would never again buy another Obsidian game, because that would have been totally cool and awesome?

animelol1ts4apxh8.gif

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...crappy, Josh...what caused the problem??... :lol:

I'm not sure. It happened after I tried pointing my module at a custom .tlk file to pull feat names. The module didn't load properly in the engine, so I went back into the toolset and reloaded the module, but it was corrupted (no elements listed under areas, scripts, conversations, etc.).

Luckily, most of my recent work has been focused on custom feats and the scripts that give them, so very little work was lost.

*gasps*

Seeing that concept art again reminds me of how great this game would have been. Brings tears to my eyes that Interplay had to shelve this. I hope Josh will get this off the ground ...

Edited by Sermon

My core module was corrupted this morning, which was exciting.  I now consider myself a "blooded" modder of the tribe.

Of course, I had a backup.

Backups are your friend. I learned this the hard way after losing valuable work for my Baldur's Gate 2 mod.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Another question: How are dialogs handled? Is it like KOTOR (zooming on the character's face) or is it like NWN 1 (portrait and dialogue choices)?

I noticed that NWN2 uses both dialog systems. However, the main difference is that TBH will have no voice-overs (the Kotor dialog system seems to be used whenever there are voice-overs), so I believe everything will be handled just like NWN 1... If this the case, can we use the jefferson concept art portraits for the dialogs. I really want to see those drawings in-game...

Am I asking too much? :blink:

"However, the main difference is that TBH will have no voice-overs (the Kotor dialog system seems to be used whenever there are voice-overs), so I believe everything will be handled just like NWN 1"

If the module has no voice overs; I hope he uses the NWN1 method. I say this because I tried to play the module Trouble in Tragidor and it uses the KOTOR dialogue method but with no voice overs; and it just felt horrible. Because of that, and a few other nastiness; I had to stop playing the module with 5 minutes. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Most of the dialogues will be "NWN1-style", with a few exceptions for rare cutscenes.

Though Vance and Appelhans created great concept work, there were some concepts that were never completed. Many of the CNPCs were never concepted, and some of the other "major players" were not concepted.

Most of the dialogues will be "NWN1-style", with a few exceptions for rare cutscenes.

Though Vance and Appelhans created great concept work, there were some concepts that were never completed.  Many of the CNPCs were never concepted, and some of the other "major players" were not concepted.

Well, there are some completed concept art portraits displayed on Sammael's webpage... You can use those completed portraits for specific characters and leave a blank for the other characters... I don't know how the whole thing works actually... Can you still use portraits from NWN1? I thought I saw somewhere a portrait of Deekin in NWN2...