What inspired your Username?

Diego Varen

This is another Thread that I made on LF (LucasForums), that I decided to do here. The original link is here. Well anyway, this is my story of Diego Varen.

My Username was inspired by what I believe the canon Revan should be. Diego Varen was my Revan's name and I liked the name (Varen being an anagram of Revan) and Diego, since I thought it suited well with Varen. So that is how Diego Varen came about.

Post your story of your Username here. Here is another Thread from LF about unoriginal Usernames and it wasn't made by me, although I did post in there.

When AD&D 3rd Edition was first previewed at GenCon, my friend bought one of the Presale Players Hand Books.

When he came back we sat down and made characters, all set for our first game of D&D using the new Rules.

I was looking through through all the name suggestions for examples and really liked the last name of "Nai" which seemed to go perfectly with my Human necromancers pseudonym of "Mortis" and so "Mortis Nai" was born.

I thought it was a cool name for a Necromancer as it has the duel meaning, meaning either Death is Coming, or the Eve of Death.

The Character didn't last a single Game session before we switched to something else, But I liked the name so much that I decided to use it as my online "Nick."

:)

I thought the topic was about the name chosen for the PC in KotOR:TSL, as Mr Varen made such a point of this in his post.

Put it down to this cold I have; my mental state is still somewhat clouded.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Walsingham

Francis Walsingham. Unscrupulous defender of the oppressive reign of Elizabeth the First.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

first 3 letters of my last name, with an s since calling me "tak" just doesn't flow. this has been my nick since i was probably 12 or so (26 years ago), on and off line.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I thought the topic was about the name chosen for the PC in KotOR:TSL, as Mr Varen made such a point of this in his post.

in which case you should be easy to influence, cold meds lower ones judgment and inhibitions.

I think right about now it would be a good idea if you posted some funny pics of yourself at last years new years party..

:ph34r:

The name Checkpoint was just a quickly scrambled name for an alt account to get a hidden message through from my modded account (I was naughty, but Fio knows about it :ph34r: ). It was essentially intended as a suggestion to the posters at OE to check the point of the account and its (at least then) lone post. Simple as that.

Of course you could also, looking back on it, literally refer to it as a checkpoint of sorts, what with starting over under a new name and all.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

:aiee:

in which case you should be easy to influence, cold meds lower ones judgment and inhibitions.

I think right about now it would be a good idea if you posted some funny pics of yourself at last years new years party..

:ph34r:

Except I'm not taking any meds, and I didn't go to a party last NYE. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My middle name .. I don't like using pseudonyms .. I stand by any post I make! ^_^ (but your not getting my full name - unless you search the records of course - I think it's in here somewhere :) )

and though it's not a suprise, to any but the newest members, the avatar is a pic of me...

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

The Pixies rock.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.