NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

Rolemaster sucks.

10 hours to make a character.  10 seconds to kill it.

Never touching that system ever again.

? As if it's any faster with the new D&D 3.5 rules, with all the feats and skills and multiclassing and whatnot. Once you know the Rolemaster-system, you can easily create a character in 15 min.

And if you died in 10 seconds, well.. I'm tempted to ask what kind of DM you had. :D Is it any harder to kill a first level mage in D&D with 10 hps? One should seriously give Rolemaster 2'nd ed (the first system that came) a try. Nothing comes close, honest. It's the most realistic system I've tried, and I think I've played 15-20 different PnP rpgs since the eighties.

J.

Anyway, sorry for going OT.

The type of GM that wanted to start his campaign with a bang, right into combat, and let the dice land where they may. E Slashing Critical 98. Look it up.

I can whip up a DnD character within a minute. No problems.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Looks like I'll need to get my hands on some 3/3.5 books soon. I used the 2E books a lot when editing BG2. I like the D&D rules; it's the computer implementation that often leaves a lot to be desired, and no CRPG will ever be as flexible as a human DM with a group of friendly players. Alas, it's easier to find a computer to play a CRPG on than it is to find a competant DM and friendly players. :(

You could edit the experience-related 2DA files if you wanted a long-term change to the way you get XP. That's what I did. I'd rather much rather get 4 XP than zero XP. Sure I don't learn anything from killing yet another orc, but I am getting more combat practice, and practice makes perfect. I even sparred with Sir Nevalle to gain an extra +1 to hit.

You can spar with Nevalle for a combat bonus? Where? In the keep?

Looks like I'll need to get my hands on some 3/3.5 books soon. I used the 2E books a lot when editing BG2. I like the D&D rules; it's the computer implementation that often leaves a lot to be desired, and no CRPG will ever be as flexible as a human DM with a group of friendly players. Alas, it's easier to find a computer to play a CRPG on than it is to find a competant DM and friendly players. >_<

You could edit the experience-related 2DA files if you wanted a long-term change to the way you get XP. That's what I did. I'd rather much rather get 4 XP than zero XP. Sure I don't learn anything from killing yet another orc, but I am getting more combat practice, and practice makes perfect. I even sparred with Sir Nevalle to gain an extra +1 to hit.

You can spar with Nevalle for a combat bonus? Where? In the keep?

Right outside the tower. Did it last night.

Got a question from my cousin.  He's interested in a monk-berserker build and he's wondering if Weapon Finesse applies to unarmed attacks and whether he can still use Stunning Fist etc if he's weilding kukris.  Thanks.

Wait, he wants a Monk/Frenzied Berserker build? :) Heh, what kind of character concept would that be... a DBZ runaway? :D

Anyway, it's kind of hard to pull off since the Monk has to be of a lawful alignment and the FB requires a non-lawful alignment. So, technically, you'd have to advance your Monk levels to a certain point, change your alignment and then take levels in the Frenzied Berserker PrC. You wouldn't be able to progress further as a Monk anymore though. As for Weapon Finesse, IIRC, it should apply to unarmed attacks but I'm not sure about the Stunning Fist + Kukiri thing.

Should all depend on whether the kukri is a monk weapon.

Just changed Khelgar to a monk for the first time - had to lose the armour (heh, nobody in my group wears heavy armour now), but man, is he a (really fast) walking dwarf of doom. Much stronger than with weapons I think, thanks to Stunning Fist, Circle Kick + Great Cleave, the various resistances and the sheer amount of unarmed attacks you get. I just did the final Moire quest in Act 3, and I just killed everyone including

Moire herself

with Stoneskin + Regeneration + Hasted Khelgar. His "lets show them what you can do now" spell. :)

Got a question from my cousin.  He's interested in a monk-berserker build and he's wondering if Weapon Finesse applies to unarmed attacks and whether he can still use Stunning Fist etc if he's weilding kukris.  Thanks.

Wait, he wants a Monk/Frenzied Berserker build? :) Heh, what kind of character concept would that be... a DBZ runaway? :D

That sounds pretty awesome *makes notes* :)

Khelgar really pwns as monk. He was killing machine as fighter, now he is demigod :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What do you mean? In terms of dialogue and stuff? I haven't checked that out yet, didn't do much after making him a monk. But I imagine he'd simply get some "now I'm a monk..." dialogue lines, and not much else.

Umm, yeah I guess. I just "monked" him yesterday so hard to say, but in dialogues during making him monk and just after it showed a changed Khelgar. More "monky", though he still ended this conversation with "let's go crack some skulls" so no harm done :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Nah, you can give him the axe anyway.

My Khelgar is level 16 and has 24STR 24DEX 22CON. It's pretty awesome.

Argh @ alignments. I'm always LG by habit and background, so I have a very hard time playing any other alignment. Yet I wanted to create a Warlock last night. Chaotic? Hah! I'd fail so many times and end up losing the ability to level up. So I went into classes.2DA and got rid of the alignment restrictions. Now I can play a LG warlock and not worry about trying to be something I'm not as far as alignment goes.

^Thats been a major problem for me too. I tend to have a hard time being Chaotic or Evil as I play the game as "myself" and usually pick answers as I would IRL. Between that and my computer (higher middle end system) suddenly chugging to keep up with the frame rates has caused me to not play for a few weeks now.

Im not bitching about da rulez, it just made me lose a little interest.