NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

I go against a goddamned red dragon I better get some serious experience points for killing it. Five reloads later, some of my party dead, some seriously injured and I get a pittance for EXPs? Hell no. Lets roll back to AD&D and their set experience points.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Also keep in mind that you need a whole lot less experience to level than the old ADnD system.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Looks like I'll need to get my hands on some 3/3.5 books soon. I used the 2E books a lot when editing BG2. I like the D&D rules; it's the computer implementation that often leaves a lot to be desired, and no CRPG will ever be as flexible as a human DM with a group of friendly players. Alas, it's easier to find a computer to play a CRPG on than it is to find a competant DM and friendly players. :rolleyes:

You could edit the experience-related 2DA files if you wanted a long-term change to the way you get XP. That's what I did. I'd rather much rather get 4 XP than zero XP. Sure I don't learn anything from killing yet another orc, but I am getting more combat practice, and practice makes perfect. I even sparred with Sir Nevalle to gain an extra +1 to hit.

One of the reasons I lose interest in 3.x games. Console commands are your friends, givexp:rolleyes:

Without cheating I managed to get up to 20th level for my non ECL characters by the endgame, so its not that bad.

Once I did that I cheated to get my ECL characters to 20 ;)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Same, except for the cheating part. Scoring quest and conversation bonus points is better than killing hordes of low level creatures. My non-ECL characters were halfway to level 21 by the time I finished the game the first time. They'll do the same again this time.

Edited by Wistrik

I've been taking my time. Just started the "Protect the Informant" quest for the city watch. (Once I realized what a pain-in-the-arse that estate would be, I decided it was time for bed last night.) I'm getting very tired of fighting "Thugs."

Wondering: How long a window do I have to do the sidequests? Most of the main-plot quests I've gotten since coming to the city have been of the "Do it Now!" variety, (at least in how they're explained to me. I'm sure that I could get meta-gamey and put them off for a long time, but I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible) so I've been ignoring the sidequests. So far, I have Elanee wanting me to go to Skymirror, and the quest to rescue the trapped priest of Tyr. (I know that Neeshka has a sidequest for me, too, but I don't like her very much.) Should I be worried that my opportunity to do these quests will run out if I keep doing main-plot quests?

Wondering:  How long a window do I have to do the sidequests?  Most of the main-plot quests I've gotten since coming to the city have been of the "Do it Now!" variety, (at least in how they're explained to me.

As far as I can tell, there are no actual time limits in NWN2. All those hints about the urgency of plot critical quests are merely cosmetic.

BTW, you should visit Skymirror before starting Act 2, otherwise the quest could become bugged.

That's really a problem with the genre. Since they can't create an entirely non-linear plot, the design team gives a main path that pretty much stays the same until you get around to finishing it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Rolemaster sucks.

10 hours to make a character. 10 seconds to kill it.

Never touching that system ever again.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

H

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

One of the reasons I lose interest in 3.x games. Console commands are your friends, givexp:o

Without cheating I managed to get up to 20th level for my non ECL characters by the endgame, so its not that bad.

Once I did that I cheated to get my ECL characters to 20 :)

The problem with drow is they level too slow. But that is fine, my drow will be level 20 before the game is done.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Interesting bug I just found only in 1.03beta, happened twice;

Sometimes one character's inventory gets 'transplanted' onto another. First it happened when I was

checking Shandra's inventory just before committing her blood;

but I found that she actually had my character's equipment! My rogue was wearing Rogue Links, and now Shandra was too, for all intensive purposes, except I couldn't remove it. The main character's Links removed fine, but Shandra was still wearing hers - so just an unequippable copy. It happened with everything else, but sporadicaly in the main inventory (not equpiment). Also, as my character doesnt wear headgear, Shandra kept her helmet. Then later,

I found Shandra's items on Ammon Jerro, so not too bad.

Just happened again, this time with Sand - who is now wearing Rogue Links and Monk Gloves. :dancing: I'm reloading because he had some nice items.. it's kinda silly really, hope it gets fixed.

Also had to use the console script to

teleport to Moire's hideout in Act 3

, because the Thief i was supposed to chase stopped and failed to go to the next waypoint. Maybe its because I clicked on him (Talk To) by accident and the script sequence ceased.

Edited by metadigital

I've run into a quickslot bug, seemingly relating to the newly implemented dual-wield slotting.

I'm a warlock, so I quickslot my eldritch blasts. The problem is, each slot will hold two different blasts, like I'm dual-wielding them :thumbsup: the spells cancel each other out. I can correct the slots, but they seem to rearrange themselves from time to time, and it's a little peeving.

Has anybody run into this problem with vanilla spellcasters? It might just be a Warlock thing.

I've run into a quickslot bug, seemingly relating to the newly implemented dual-wield slotting.

I'm a warlock, so I quickslot my eldritch blasts. The problem is, each slot will hold two different blasts, like I'm dual-wielding them :( the spells cancel each other out. I can correct the slots, but they seem to rearrange themselves from time to time, and it's a little peeving.

Has anybody run into this problem with vanilla spellcasters? It might just be a Warlock thing.

I'm currently playing a warlock and I'm not having this problem at all. Quickslotted Blasts and everything. Or, I only have one blast slotted since it's the only one I use. Eldritch Chain/Beshadowed Blast. But that one works fine for me.

I'm a warlock, so I quickslot my eldritch blasts. The problem is, each slot will hold two different blasts, like I'm dual-wielding them :( the spells cancel each other out. I can correct the slots, but they seem to rearrange themselves from time to time, and it's a little peeving.

That has happened to me too. Just empty the slot before adding a eldritch blast. Oh, and I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Rolemaster sucks.

10 hours to make a character.  10 seconds to kill it.

Never touching that system ever again.

? As if it's any faster with the new D&D 3.5 rules, with all the feats and skills and multiclassing and whatnot. Once you know the Rolemaster-system, you can easily create a character in 15 min.

And if you died in 10 seconds, well.. I'm tempted to ask what kind of DM you had. :D Is it any harder to kill a first level mage in D&D with 10 hps? One should seriously give Rolemaster 2'nd ed (the first system that came) a try. Nothing comes close, honest. It's the most realistic system I've tried, and I think I've played 15-20 different PnP rpgs since the eighties.

J.

Anyway, sorry for going OT.

Edited by Junai

I love paranoia.  Don't get to play it much anymore, but I love it.

I only get to play once a year, but I make sure to make the most of that time.

"OMG! The clone we have to rescue is strapped into that car that is about to be fired at supersonic speeds into the crash test wall! Quick, use your body to soften the blow!" *shove* ;))