NWN2: Discussion

metadigital

So yeah. Do we actually have a thread where we discuss the campaign anymore? I miss the old days of three days ago. :p

Just got the keep in my second walkthrough as Chaotic Neutral Rogue 10 / Ranger 2 / Shadow Thief 1. Going to get the latter all the way up to 5 then get Rogue to 13 to get Crippling Strike. Better overall than just going Assassin IMO. It hasn't been too hard to play CN - there are lots of opportunities for Chaotic, which apparently is also related to sarcasm - and neutrality is just doing the stuff I gotta do, but I'm not gonna rescue puppies from the local stream for you. Heh.

Oddly, 1.03beta made my city outdoors lag a lot more (from ~15 to ~8) to a point where its sorta stuttery, but other outdoors stayed at 15-20 and indoors got much better from 5-8 to 12-15. Ah well, it was playable before and it's slightly more playable now. Waiting for that x800 XT. :bat: I'm dual wielding so the hotkey thing is nice, and ores are highlighted and targetable now it seems.

Some different things I noticed; I took Moire's side instead of City Watch and it seemed to be fairly different, and most of it made sense. There should have been more 'alternate dialogues' created for what happens afterwards, though - Nevalle especially seems all too happy to forget the fact that you are a known criminal. At the start of the trial sequence he says "that's what you get for being an arse", but that's about it - around the Keep part they're falling over you just like they would over a Paladin. Heck, I talked to Brelaina during Zhjaeve's release, then when I talked to her afterwards she said "I have nothing to say to someone like you." :) Perhaps I wasn't evil enough, but I don't think so. There should be more begruding on Nevalle and others' part that they have to rely on someone as unpredictable and unattached to law and order as you.

Determined on actually finishing the Construct and using him to replace Shandra when she is no longer compulsory. I still hate it - I'd much rather carry Casavir around, who is the only party member I haven't really explored yet. But with myself, Bishop, Sand and Elanee, it kind of breaks party balance to do so. Ah well, it's not gamebreaking.

Looks nice even with my computer;

post-150-1164451591_thumb.jpg

Oh, first multiplayer attempt at co-op with a friend. She had to open lots of ports on the router for it to work, but it did. But when I had crashed, and came back into the game session, instead of having my character spawn I took control of hers - meaning 2 people were controlling the same character, except the one I saw was somewhere else and invisible. :unsure:

post-150-1164451674_thumb.jpg

The Assassin can Hide in Plain Sight though!

One thing I noticed about the Neverwinter Nine PrC is that I'm not going to be able to get it until long after I have passed level 15. I'm already able to reach level 16, but I'm still in Act 2!

I'm not sure how HiPS (heh) works in NWN2 though. I mean, half the time I can "hide" in "plain sight" anyway - first off, you can just run around and sneak attack anybody who is fighting somebody else in your party, and secondly, you can just run off a litle to the side, Hide, come back & sneak attack. I don't see much of a point in HiPS in nwn2, unless i missed something.

The Assassin can Hide in Plain Sight though!

One thing I noticed about the Neverwinter Nine PrC is that I'm not going to be able to get it until long after I have passed level 15.  I'm already able to reach level 16, but I'm still in Act 2!

Out of curiosity, what kind of character concepts "meshes" well together with the Neverwinter Nine PrC?

Out of curiosity, what kind of character concepts "meshes" well together  with the Neverwinter Nine PrC?

It's kind of a peculiar PrC, but I think it works well with rogues, monks, and rangers. Pure fighter or barbarian builds might not find the benefits of the PrC that great. It's oriented around running all over the battlefield and preventing your pals from getting whacked.

having seen the elf druid's spell list, and recognizing that warpriest not improve turning levels of clerics, we is tempted to replay game as a druid/warpriest... though we hates the very notion of most prcs. lots of skill points and combat boosting spells. would seem to really be best of all worlds.

am happy 'nuff as a paladin/cleric o' ilmater, but we will see on next go through... though after this weekend we won't have much time to play for a while.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Out of curiosity, what kind of character concepts "meshes" well together  with the Neverwinter Nine PrC?

It's kind of a peculiar PrC, but I think it works well with rogues, monks, and rangers. Pure fighter or barbarian builds might not find the benefits of the PrC that great. It's oriented around running all over the battlefield and preventing your pals from getting whacked.

Heh, I have to admit that the main reason that I want to try out the Neverwinter Nine is the sweet armour you see on the character creation screen. Too bad that according to a friend of mine you won't be able to get it until very late into the game.

How much extra happiness would I get if I found a copy of the limited edition somewheres? I don't mind paying the extra, but I don't care about the nicknacks in the least. How many goodies would I find ingame?

Oh, I guess I wouldn't mind having the soundtrack also. I'm a dweeb that way.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

How much extra happiness would I get if I found a copy of the limited edition somewheres?  I don't mind paying the extra, but I don't care about the nicknacks in the least.  How many goodies would I find ingame?

Oh, I guess I wouldn't mind having the soundtrack also.  I'm a dweeb that way.

Well, if you get the US LE, it doesn't have the soundtrack. Not exactly sure where you're from, but thar you be for that.

In game, Blessed of Waukeen I don't find too useful. If it was permanent it would be fine, but having to turn it on all the time got annoying.

I'm not sure if you need Blessed of Waukeen or Merchant's Friend to get all the new items, but there are 3 merchants who all sell some cool items. Class specific item sets where each merchant sells one part of the set, and theres at least two magic weapons of every type, most of them very powerful. My first playthrough all my characters were equipped from these merchants. 2nd playthrough I just made a bunch of overkill custom items in the toolset and used the giveitem cheat.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Here's a video someone posted on YouTube about their LE NWN2 set. The guy's speaking Spanish or Italian I think so it may be a european version. Doesn't look as flimsy as the US LE version.

It's lame that wall maps have moved from standard box to LE box. Obsidian would have been laughed out of the industry if they'd done this in the 80s.

Spanish/Italian LE NWN2?

Edited by Wistrik

Es Castellano.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's lame that wall maps have moved from standard box to LE box. Obsidian would have been laughed out of the industry if they'd done this in the 80s.

Spanish/Italian LE NWN2?

Box contents are determined by the publisher, not the developer.

EDIT: Also, not that many games in the 80s had cloth maps. The Bard's Tale map was on the inside cover. Pool of Radiance's map was on the Adventurer's Journal. I think the only game I remember having a cloth map was Ultima V.

I bought the LE. I didnt get either a game manual or a cloth map. And the art book was so small and printed on such crappy paper that it is pretty much worthless. The ring was so large that youd have to be a giant to wear it (not that I would want to wear such a ring anyway)

EDIT: Pretty much the same as what was shown in the video, except I have the CE version.

Edited by roshan

I really don't care about cloth maps or bound documentation. I want stuff I can use in the game. I might be happy with a soundtrack.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I have discovered what I believe may be content that was cut from the NWN2 OC.

Apparently you were supposed to be able to visit Luskan, and the guy who leads you to an ambush was actually supposed to take you there.

Of course, this is unless the quest is actually in the game but I missed it.

Theres also something about rescuing Commander Tann from Highcliff, but I dont remember rescuing anyone there. Wasnt Commander Tann the guy you save from the graveyard?

post-326-1164499252_thumb.jpg

Cammender Tann was the guy you get at the graveyard.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I really don't care about cloth maps or bound documentation.

How can you say that? I love my cloth map. First cloth map I've got with a game since I bought Ultima IV when it was released :'(

Not to mention those awesome rings I can wear when walking down the street doing knockdown hits, leaving marks with "Chaotic Evil" and "Lawful Good" on their heads :aiee:

A soundtrack would have been nice though. Weren't there some editions out there with a soundtrack?

I still enjoy my IWD soundtrack from one of the big boxed sets with eveything IWD related included. Except for Trial of the Luremaster which it seems to be physically impossible for publishers to include with all the other IWD related stuff for some reason.

It would probaly also be one of the "cheapest" things manufacturing wise to include in the game box, especially using paper sleeves :deadhorse:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein