Community Resources

LadyCrimson

Join the Obsidian Frappr!

OE Forum Member Gallery

The old gallery for reference: (no longer active)

For those who missed my long-ago original thread and want to know what this gallery thing is about, here's that post. Anyone can register but if you want to be able to upload stuff/create your own "albums", please register at the gallery first then send me a PM here on the forum to let me know you'd like to have upload access. If you register with a different name than here on the forum, don't forget to mention that too. This is to keep it within the OE Forum "family."

Ideas/suggestions for category additions or whatever else can be posted/discussed here or PM'd to me, either way.

--------------------------------------------------------

April 23, 2008 - UPDATE: I changed the gallery program from 4images to Coppermine. It's easier on me. This changes some of the allowances and features, as detailed below:

The gallery is now located here: http://oegallery.crimsonkeep.com/

OE members can now create their own albums in the 'Members Galleries' category and dictate whether any/all such albums are private/public/passworded.

OE members can edit the title/description/keywords and delete files they've uploaded themselves, whenever they want, same as before.

All registered members can use the 'Report to Admin" button for images or comments, which will send me an email if you think something is abusive, or if you just want to report something amiss. Thus if I miss any posts in this thread I'll still be informed of such.

File extensions allowed have been expanded and currently include: .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .mp3, .wav, .txt, .pdf, .avi, .zip

If your image is larger than the default display window size, an 'intermediate' version will be created to fit within the gallery borders - you can still see the full size image by clicking on the image.

Max file size limit: about 15MB. Max image width or height: 1600px. As long as no one abuses the gallery by uploading their entire music/video collection at once/forever, it's all cool. Abusers will have their upload priviledge revoked. <_< If disk usage remains low, and enough people want the size limit increased, I'll consider it.

You can no longer create your own personal thumbnail as there's no default option for that in Coppermine.

Sound/video files are simply embedded ala Windows media player. When you upload a movie file, you can specify what size you want the viewing window to be. 640x480 is a good size. If you don't specify, it'll default to a small 320ish window.

Linking: It's important to note that if you want to link to a specific upload page in Coppermine, you must use the permanent link (given in the file-info description below the photo/file), not the link you see in your browser window address line, which is variable and may change what it links to.

Thanks, and have fun.

Edited by Tigranes
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Kudos to LC! :thumbsup:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Right now the best quality I can get is, to put it bluntly, bad(check the pic), but once I get home I'll probably take advantage of the gallery.

Thanks, Lady.

post-9032-1164133592_thumb.jpg

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Upload button isn't functional. :)

You need to worship Lady Crimson via PM to get upload rights.

LOL... :*

I guess you can post an "add me" here, too...I just thought it would be easier (for me) to keep track of who wants to upload via PM's.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not sure how FTP access would help you upload music from other sites, if you don't have the songs on your HD to upload?

I added an "Our Music" category under Creativity.

Perhaps some are waiting for others to upload, first. :x I'll add a few things of mine, soon. I've been busy today with trying to beat holiday madness at stores, so hubby won't starve tomorrow.

I'm not sure how FTP access would help you upload music from other sites, if you don't have  the songs on your HD to upload?

I added an "Our Music" category under Creativity.

I mean, you can't upload music, you have to link it from some other source. Pictures look to be okay. I just don't have many to share.

*scratches head*

You should be able to upload music. Your game mp3's play just fine for me.

Edit: Looked at them - I get what you mean, you didn't do a direct upload. Let me check..

Pop, you can directly upload music - there just isn't a seperate "upload music" button. Just use the Image upload Browse button and do it from there - all uploads work from that field. Should work. Let me know if it doesn't...if it doesn't, it's probably a server permission thing, and I can fix that.

Edit: I checked the directory permissions, they're all fine. My non-Admin test account can upload music files. If it's not an upload field mix-up and anyone else is having this problem/gets an error when they try, let me know what the error says?

Edited by LadyCrimson

Pop, you can directly upload music - there just isn't a seperate "upload music" button. Just use the Image upload Browse button and do it from there - all uploads work from that field. Should work. Let me know if it doesn't...if it doesn't, it's probably a server permission thing, and I can fix that.

Not working for me :thumbsup: size restriction. And I'm also no allowed to upload music into the "my music" portion of the site, for some reason.

The my music was my fault...forgot to allow permission. :thumbsup:

Size restriction...hmmm....odd.