Go Camping for a PS3!

Setzer

I'd avoid this Circuit City in Union City, NY though.....

Unbelievable. I've heard about people quitting their jobs to go get in line -- must not need it since they can easily afford the $600 for a game console. :mellow:

No worse than people who line up for a big store sale...but yes, I agree...that wouldn't be how I choose to waste my time. I'd rather...uh...post on forums. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Folk

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Crazy, I was shocked when I realized what the line at my local Fry's was for. The funny part is, Fry's will likely only get a dozen consoles at the MOST. There was well over 15 people in line...why would you wait in line if there was no gaurantee of getting the console?

heh, I just finished talking on the phone with my boss. His wife preordered a PS3 which she put up for sale on ebay and the final bidding ended today. Her cost:Eight hundred and some odd dollars (this is Cdn for those of you in the slow class), and her resale price was something over twenty three hundred.

That's just insane.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

So I guess you can't just ring up at store-opening time and buy them over the 'phone, either?

I don't think the word "phone" needs an apostrophe.

But yeah, that's true, they can't well enforce the rule all the time everywhere. But they'd have to go through some effort to secure copies without using the same identifying information or credit cards. Most of the time, a determined individual could probably get away with 2 consoles per store, so they could probably get 4 if they don't move from town to town or something, and that's assuming he's able to even reserve those (considering the demand, he might be able to procure a single console if he waits outside a store, but he can only do that once before they run out). He could pull some highway robbery on the 'net (see, proper usage :) ) but he wouldn't be selling them wholesale and making a fortune.

Edited by Pop

"What a bunch of no lifers."

They have lives. Or else they would have quit their jobs. 'Non lifers' tend not to jobs. Besdies, message board geeklings like us have NO logical recourse to laugh at others being 'no lifers'.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"What a bunch of no lifers."

They have lives. Or else they would have quit their jobs. 'Non lifers' tend not to jobs. Besdies, message board geeklings like us have NO logical recourse to laugh at others being 'no lifers'.

R00fles!

So since Volourn has 10 times the posts that I do, does that mean I have 10 times as much "life"? Funny, I suddenly see Volourn with one Zelda heart and me with 10. I'm pretty sure that image appearing in my mind actually confirms the "lack of life" question.

Heh. It looks like a few retail stores will be giving some good deals for 360 bundles for Friday only, to appease disgruntled PS3 fans who won't be able to get one. Smart move. Some of these are actually tempting. GoW and GRAW splitscreen coop is quite appealing.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I have no objection to a halfwit buying a PS3 for 2300 quid. Just so long as I also get tehir name and address. I could sell them lots of other things.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just listened to the adam carolla show, they offered two campers an all expenses paid trip to the playboy mansion, a night with a bunny, and food and such. If they got out of line... Both refused.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.