Anime recommendations

Zoma

Most animes really start to degrade after a certain number of episodes. I liked Naruto when it started -- it's a pile of **** now. I'm hoping I'll like it again when it starts following the manga once more.

But that's the problem with having a weekly episodic series that spans a massive number of episodes. Both story and art take a plunge.

Eureka seven and Last Exile - Both are somewhat similiar in that they are very much dealing with like a rouge group that rebels against some oppressive/evil power. They both have good plot, story, animation, and characters. Last exile is a bit more on the serious side but its somewhat lacking in the themes department. It's one of my favorite shows ever but the ending is somewhat lacking. Eureka seven is more laid back but it has some good themes and its definitely a new fav of mine even though its a mech show which i usually dislike.

Samurai champloo - Pretty much 2 very talented and polar opposite samurai who meet up with a girl and they run into a bunch of trouble while trying to find a certain person. It has some comedy and good action/fights and just a hint of character development and is a definitely a solid show.

Witch Hunter Robin - I watched this on adult swim and pretty much disliked it. I did have doubts though and dl'd it and i was surprised. It turned out to be another solid show with some cool characters/plots/story. It's basically about this special ops group that investigates and hunts witches but they also use some witches themselves. Definitely a cool show.

Elfin Lied - It's been mentioned but i really can't help but not like it. Sure it has some mildy disturbing things in it (unless you frequent 4chan) and it goes crazy with over the top spewing of blood and such but once you get to the last episode it's like "wow....that was actually kind of good" Not a good choice for the new anime viewer but once you've watched a few you may want to check it out.

Gankutsuou - Animated Count of Monte Cristo. Epic story that many movies and shows today copy. It's extremely well done and keeps close to the original story though it does deviate from it somewhat. Another favorite of mine.

Paranoia Agent - Pretty weird show for sure but it does have it's moments. It's basically about two detectives who are tracking this kid who assualts people with a bent golden bat. The farther you get into the story you find that this kid is actually like a savior to these people.

FLCL - made by the same person who did paranoia agent and its even crazier. FLCL is just non stop crazyness and its only like 6 episodes, deffinetly a must see.

Full Metal Alchemist - Two brothers who use alchemy in the hopes to bring back their dead mother and end up paying the price. The rest of the show is them trying to figure out how to reclaim the things they have lost while uncovering the secret of the philosophers stone. I was absolutely hooked the entire show then the ending totally ripped my nuts off......in a bad way.

Mind Game - Really cool and weird animation style. Basically this kid has known this chick since high school and he loves her but he doesn't exactly express it in a serious way and shes kind of getting taken away from him. Then some really crazy shi happens, theres yakuza, a giant whale, a crazy old dude in a speedo and tons and tons of epicness. Above average movie.

Spirited away/Princes mononoke/Howl's moving castle/Nausica

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Samurai champloo - Pretty much 2 very talented and polar opposite samurai who meet up with a girl and they run into a bunch of trouble while trying to find a certain person.  It has some comedy and good action/fights and just a hint of character development and is a definitely a solid show.

Spirited away/Princes mononoke/Howl's moving castle/Nausica

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah thats a huge theme that he does. I was going to mention that but i didnt know how to really say it without making it sound gay. His movies are so good though.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I watched Samurai Champloo the other day. The action packed episodes are entertaining... the filler episodes are not.

Why is it called Samurai Champloo if Mugen is a pirate?

to be technical Mugen is a bandit and Jin is a Ronin.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Crying Freeman is another anime I recommend. Again, its about an assassin, though this one is unwilling. He witnessed a murder on tape or the like, and the gang that did it, found him, brainwashed him and turned him into their pet assassin. It's got a lot of violence and nudity in it, but its still kinda fun to watch..

I really liked Crying Freeman too, though I only saw it after the live action version, and only the first two of the series. Not sure how many there were in total. Anyway, I thought it was quite a nice premise and rather romantic in its way.

Best Anime? Nintama Rantarou, obviously. There's also Gegegenokitaro, which you'll never forget if you've walked down Sakaiminato high street, as the whole town is bedecked with the guy and his friends and I think the theme tune plays round the clock. Plus ... rats, I can never remember the name, the one with the maths teacher with the demonic hand... I quite liked Anpanman, too, but never really got Doraemon.

More young middle-class Saudi adults are familiar with One Piece than is probably good for them or the country, but given my very kiddie selection, I'm in no position to talk.

As for movies, I'm a huge Tonari no Totoro fan, though Majou no Takkyuubin (I forget the English title) and Spirited Away get a look in.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I like Black Lagoon. I like it very much.

post-9032-1168819955_thumb.jpg

post-9032-1168821048_thumb.jpg

post-9032-1168821236_thumb.jpg

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Is Pokemon anime?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I like Black Lagoon. I like it very much.

:rolleyes:

From being merely interested, i now HAVE to see this anime.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I may have to see this black lagoon.....

I still think Cowboy Bebop is the best anime I've seen. Partly because it's brilliant, but mostly because it's so un-Japanese. I think it's mostly attributed to the fact that it was first made as an anime and then adapted to manga and not the other way. I absolutely love it.

Black Lagoon is remotely similar, although it pales in comaprison.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

A bad ass saxaphone playing hermaphrodite is so totaly unjapanese its like wapanese. *thumbs* yeeeeeeah!

Newbs. Everyone in the know knows Black Lagoon kicks ass. Literally.

Gangster nuns running arms smuggling operations out of the church don't take kindly when someone's stray bullet spoils their church door. Additional a-holes included.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Watched the first three episodes of Cowboy Bebop yesterday, for the first time too, not bad at all.

Just wait until you get to ending episodes :(

Black Lagoon is not bad, but it's like prettier, "light" version of Bebop.

Not bad, but... Well, you should get the idea. I guess...

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's STILL Friday? Why can't it be Tuesday of next week!

I just ordered Beast Wars/Beast Machines in their entirety off Amazon.com. 2-day shipping.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."