Anime recommendations

Zoma

Indeed. If someone doesn't know it already ( which I doubt :yucky:) Neon Genesis Evangelion is IMO clearly best anime ever, but there has been only one anime which nearly took the throne of best: And that's Cowboy Bebop

I don't like Samurai Champloo. However, I propably should give it second try. I watched few eps from very beginning only... whole idea of rap samurais was too much for me. I prefer Kenshin :)

Btw, is Ghost in Shell: Stand alone complex worth watching?

Err... I know NGE is voted number 1 anime in Japan but I still don't get it. The whole series is too depressing for my taste. Besides, its plot development is horrible. It piles suspense upon suspense until the whole story disintegrates under the weight of it all so it had to close with an ending that leaves everybody saying WTF. I guess maybe some people like it for the same reason that broken statue of Venus is considered the most beautiful. :)

I agree Kenshin is a great series. Its manga has more mature contents though. Also, did u guys know that Kenshin's voice is done by a woman? Just a random fact...

Indeed. If someone doesn't know it already ( which I doubt :p) Neon Genesis Evangelion is IMO clearly best anime ever, but there has been only one anime which nearly took the throne of best: And that's Cowboy Bebop

I don't like Samurai Champloo. However, I propably should give it second try. I watched few eps from very beginning only... whole idea of rap samurais was too much for me. I prefer Kenshin :p

Btw, is Ghost in Shell: Stand alone complex worth watching?

Err... I know NGE is voted number 1 anime in Japan but I still don't get it. The whole series is too depressing for my taste. Besides, its plot development is horrible. It piles suspense upon suspense until the whole story disintegrates under the weight of it all so it had to close with an ending that leaves everybody saying WTF.

Actually whole plot IS understandable, it just requires huge amount of brainwork. I still remember how hard it was for me to break puzzle of NGE for the very first time. >_<

And have you seen End of Evangelion? It's true ending of NGE. Eps 25/26 shows what happens in peoples minds during EoE. EoE shows what happens in "real world"/or Instrumentality in bigger scope than Shinji. EoE is made from original scripts of episode 25/26. Explanation for - ermm - weird tv ending consists 3 parts: 1) Money and resources were gone. Gaiax always overuses their resources in beginning and the fact that budjet was heavily cut because of brutality of ep18 and 19 didn't help at all 2) There wasn't time. Related to first one. 3) After all the sensation EVA created showing that brutal ending in tv (they were already in big pool of **** because of brutality, sickness and darkness that invaded ending parts of NGE) was quite impossible thing to do. This is minor reason though.

I like series storytelling and plot develppment. e.g How NGE deals with subconsious is still best method I've ever seen. Same thing is with many allegorical scenes (like Rei and Asuka in elevator) and how serie uses contrast of voices. A lot of important information is given in such things as tv news (for example tv forecast in ep 7). This is also one reason why NGE's fansubs are much better than official texts. Official ones leave things like that untranslated. Overall storytelling is fantastic, thoubh I won't babble about that anymore. I could talk about this for ages so I just shut up for now. :sweat:

Plot development works fine until the very ending. And once you manage to figure it out it alla suddenly comes clear.. at least for me. It took 2 or 3 times of watching whole series but I managed to "break the puzzle". It pills supsense over suspense, yes. Then comes horrible wtf ending. Yes, if we're talking about tv-series (although I kinda liked that ^_^ ) original. If talking about EoE, no.

Oh, and if you guys really want to try something hard to understand watch Cat soup. It's postmodern and surreal short film from year 2001, has won some awards too. It's awesome but... well, just watch it. :teehee:

At leat Kiro-kun must see it, since it has teh catz. :D

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'd tell you to get a girlfriend, Stuubo, but you already have one. Do you have a life? Friends outside the internet? C'mon, gimme weapons!

Oh, it's almost 12:15 here, watch that Full Metal Alchemist. Preferably with your girlfriend. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

tell you to get a girlfriend, Stuubo, but you already have one. Do you have a life? Friends outside the internet?

Apparently :D

Besides, it's just 11:54 >_<

edit: About friends: I've lost bunch of them for wow though. Nowadays they don't do anything expect play it. Few days ago one of them played it 14 hours. <_<

I've tried to get him to start playinf futsal or floorball again for atleat month now. All in vain :teehee:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

@ Xard:

By EoE, do you mean the episode where everybody is dead and Asuka and Shinji are left as Eve and Adam? Still, there are so much left unexplained. There is no closure to the relationship between Shinji and his father. What the hell is going on between Rei and Shinji's dad anyway? Also, is Rei the gateway to God or what? Actually, I think the writers are just too lazy to close all the sideplots like Fuyutsuki and Shinji's mother, Katsuragi and her ex, etc., so they killed everybody. >_<

Anyhow, I only watched the series once and skipped some parts. I don't think I can watch depressing stuff like this or Grave of Fireflies more than once. :teehee:

@ Xard:

By EoE, do you mean the episode where everybody is dead and Asuka and Shinji are left as Eve and Adam? Still, there are so much left unexplained. There is no closure to the relationship between Shinji and his father. What the hell is going on between Rei and Shinji's dad anyway? Also, is Rei the gateway to God or what? Actually, I think the writers are just too lazy to close all the sideplots like Fuyutsuki and Shinji's mother, Katsuragi and her ex, etc., so they killed everybody. >_<

Anyhow, I only watched the series once and skipped some parts. I don't think I can watch depressing stuff like this or Grave of Fireflies more than once. :teehee:

And with "some parts" what you mean exactly? :D

I really should leave now. FMA begins soon :sweat:

Oh, right...

Muso?, FMA starts tomorrow, not today :D

It's saturday? Goddamn, I blame excess alcohol.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Oh, right...

Muso?, FMA starts tomorrow, not today :D

Can't you download your animes like everyone else? The obvious advantage is that you can watch your episodes whenever you like.

I almost have 200 GB of anime on my external hardrive... >_<

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Its stupid to openly advocate piracy here.

LOL, who mentioned piracy?

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

You.

I've never downloaded anime.

kirottu said:

You.

I've never downloaded anime.

I never mentioned piracy...

I could as well download stuff from my brother, cousin, uncle's computer... That kind of thing falls under the private copy rights every individual have (provided he owns an original copy of the product), and not piracy...

It's not exactly piracy unless the anime is liscenced within the U.S. It's shown on tv and dling it would be just as illegal as if you tivo'd it.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It's not exactly piracy unless the anime is liscenced within the U.S. It's shown on tv and dling it would be just as illegal as if you tivo'd it.

It is still piracy, because recording a TV show is allowed only for personal use.

Many don't know that it's piracy in the US, since the show airs in japan and the subs are done for free by different groups and released on torrent-sites. The japanese MPAA/RIAA(if there even is any) seems to care less about it. Heck, Bandai(One of the biggest japanese anime-distributers) has even thanked fansubbers for spreading Bleach beyond Japan.

Do take note this only used as an example with unlicensed anime.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*ignores last few posts*

The thing is Full Metal Alchemist can now be watched from one of our channels, subtv, on sunday 12.25 pm.

I've watched before few eps here and there. Can't argue about it's goodness, since it is Quality with big Q. My only problem lies with humor. It gets old.

It is still piracy, because recording a TV show is allowed only for personal use.

Have they secured international copyright?

Do they visibly enforce their copyright?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If I remember right as long as you see it in the form it was shown on tv it's not protected because it was released to the general public for viewing. (otherwise DVR and Tivo wouldn't work.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

*ignores last few posts*

The thing is Full Metal Alchemist can now be watched from one of our channels, subtv, on sunday 12.25 pm.

I've watched before few eps here and there. Can't argue about it's goodness, since it is Quality with big Q. My only problem lies with humor. It gets old.

*Also ignores those posts*

I know what you mean. It's just not funny. Anime tries too hard sometimes. I like the rest of it though, so I'm forced to tolerate the cutesy crap.

If it is shown on TV, it is licensed to some entity in this country, who possesses the right to distribute the show in question.

On a side note, there is no such thing as "securing" the copyright. The work is owned by its creator, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

They don't need to enforce their copyright in order to possess it.

Bumping this mwhahahaha

Started watching Death Note and its by far one of the best animes I've seen yet. I heard the manga ending blows horribly bad but for right now I don't care becuase the anime is awesome and still has like 13 or so eps not yet released.

I also started watching AIR and its alright, just a little slow but I like it.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Death Note is awesome, no doubt about it. The anime is actually better than the manga so far.

kirottu said:

See im the type of sob that hates to wait for episodes to come out each week so im screwed :(l. But I didn't expect it to be the most awesomenest show ever. I mean i watched like 16 eps in 3 days because it was so good. and im tempted to look into the manga to find out what happens but i dont want to ruin it o:)