Anime recommendations

Zoma

Ergo Proxy seems promising.

I laughed at the ending song though. Of all things, they chose Radiohead. :D

WTF? :)

As Radiohead fan I have to watch at least one episode then ^_^

edit: My favorite comment for Afro Samurai trailer was this:

its pretty good. all anime should be this cool and this violent and i like the style it looks sorta black and white but its not

:(:lol:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I finished Outlaw Star yesterday, what are people's opinions, I'm undecided as to whether I actually enjoyed it or not.

I can't help but think of Outlaw Star just a little everytime I watch the Firefly pilot.

Girls in boxes.

Ya, I thought the same thing, what's the deal with the future and all these women in boxes?

I did enjoy certain individual episodes but the series as a whole, I dunno. Also, the fan service of episode 23 was a despicable pleasure.

Think I'll look into this Ergo Proxy now too, it sounds pretty flippin' interesting.

Outlaw Star was the crap. I watched it for like 10 episodes, but couldn't really see anything worthwhile in it. And I absolutely hated the characters. It felt like Deeper Samurai Kyo in space. Urgh.

Ergo Proxy could very well be my new favorite anime.

Also, Pop, this really isn't the right thread for you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Also, Pop, this really isn't the right thread for you.

Oh, I know. But all my friends are Otaku, and every few weeks they drag me to watch Elfin Lied or Colorful or Steel Angel Kurumi or whatever drivel they managed to dig up, and they binge on it, series after series, and I'm stuck there. Sometimes they'll repeat shows. The only thing I can really do to keep my sanity is point out every tired cliche I see to them. I kind of enjoy it, in a way. Keeps me abreast of a hackneyed genre, for the most part, and I get to endlessly ridicule my friends for being basement-dwelling DBZ fans, and they get company for their anime marathons. Once in a blue moon I might actually enjoy something they put on (usually a Ghibli movie). It works out.

Edited by Pop

Future Boy Conan (Miyazaki 26-ep series)

Princess Tutu (Shoujo, ballet and classical music)

Mobile Police Patlabor (Slow cop-kinda series)

Touch! (Awesome baseball show, long, old)

Only Yesterday (Ghibli, Takahata)

Gunbuster (Early Gainax)

New: Nodame Cantabile

Mangas: Berserk, Lone Wolf & Cub

Radio story/anime Ai no Kusabi for the homo-erotic.

Here's a tough one:

Who can find me Miracle Giants Domu-kun?

Edit: More info

http://webplus.anime.in4mation.org.uk/tvdb...tail.php?ID=409

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Everyone's already mentioned my favourite animes, so I've not many more to add.

Weiss Kreuz or "Knight Hunters" (as it was called in the English release) amuses me. It's about four assassins who run around ridding Japan of evil and going on missions. Their day cover is working at a flower shop and they are codenamed after cats.

Crying Freeman is another anime I recommend. Again, its about an assassin, though this one is unwilling. He witnessed a murder on tape or the like, and the gang that did it, found him, brainwashed him and turned him into their pet assassin. It's got a lot of violence and nudity in it, but its still kinda fun to watch.

Berserk has already been mentioned, but I thought I'd bring it up again. It's another "fun" anime. Too bad they stopped the series before the manga though.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Finale aka End of Evangelion is awesome. Asuka's fight, JSDF's assault, postmodernism of Human Instrumentality Project and creepy ending. Me likes, me likes a lot. Heck, one of my favorite films ever.

You forgot to mention Shinji masturbating over an unconscious Asuka and later letting her get slaughtered because he's paralysed with fright...

The movie wasn't bad but, seriously, did Shinji have to be so pathetic ?

Mind you, I enjoyed the ending of the series. Complete Non Sequitur but interesting nonetheless.

My suggestions would be :

- Shoujo Kakumei Utena, my personal favorite

- Most Ghibli stuff ; just stay away from Pom Poko and Kiki's Delivery Service

- Perfect Blue

- Boogiepop Phantom

- School Rumble

Actually I talked about teh masturbation scene later on :)

And Shinji is human ruin in EoE, although I have no interested to make another post about NGE right now :(

Black Lagoon seems to be great. I hate opening sequence though. One of the worst ever IMO :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

- Naruto (Ninjas! but only the first 135 episodes, the rest are bad, really bad. Wait until the anime starts following the manga again)

Fillers stop at february. And it is about bloody time. Almost 100 episodes fillers, gah. *shivers*

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I don't see why people hate "fillers" so much. Shouldn't people just appreciate them for what they are? The anime is not the manga, it is only based on it. For example, Bleach's Bount arc (which is not in the manga) isn't that bad compared to the Soul Society arc (which is in the manga). You learn a lot more about the characters, and even though it may not all be "canonical," they're just comics and cartoons in the end.

Crying Freeman is another anime I recommend. Again, its about an assassin, though this one is unwilling. He witnessed a murder on tape or the like, and the gang that did it, found him, brainwashed him and turned him into their pet assassin. It's got a lot of violence and nudity in it, but its still kinda fun to watch.

thats the one where in the sequel the unwilling assassin becomes the leader of the gang, marries the girl, and during fights will strip for some unknown reason. Probably to get the chick he's fighting to stare.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't see why people hate "fillers" so much. Shouldn't people just appreciate them for what they are? The anime is not the manga, it is only based on it. For example, Bleach's Bount arc (which is not in the manga) isn't that bad compared to the Soul Society arc (which is in the manga). You learn a lot more about the characters, and even though it may not all be "canonical," they're just comics and cartoons in the end.

Because, among my circle, the Bount arc is horribly boring with no genuine development. One of my friend's referred to it explicitly as "everyone spinning their wheels for 40 episodes."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Black Lagoon seems to be great.

Having seen the first 12 episodes, I'd say it could have been a fantastic series. But it ended up pretty flawed.

The problem is that it is supposed to be a realistic series (that's what makes it interesting). But the creators of BL just had to go and insert

I don't see how a show about a torpedo boat crew living in a modern pirate port could be too realistic.

It's to modern pirates what Cowboy Bebop was to futuristic bounty hunters.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't see how a show about a torpedo boat crew living in a modern pirate port could be too realistic.

It's to modern pirates what Cowboy Bebop was to futuristic bounty hunters.

And look at how successful that series was.

Because, among my circle, the Bount arc is horribly boring with no genuine development. One of my friend's referred to it explicitly as "everyone spinning their wheels for 40 episodes."
There was definitely some development. A variety of interesting characters were introduced, and

though several of them were killed off, a couple particularly interesting ones remained (Rantao and Koga).

There also seems to be a development of Ishida's feelings, and then his resolve. Ichigo seems a lot more serious and analytical at the end too.

Edited by Blank

You don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

- Naruto (Ninjas! but only the first 135 episodes, the rest are bad, really bad. Wait until the anime starts following the manga again)

Fillers stop at february. And it is about bloody time. Almost 100 episodes fillers, gah. *shivers*

February 15th, IIRC.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy