Anime recommendations

Zoma

I saw all of NGE Director's cut, including End of Evangelion. Frankly, it was beyond awesome. And I laughed out loud at the end even though it gave me such a hollow(in a good way) feeling. Fully recommended, even though I must be in the minority to actually like the mind**** scenes after ep 19. Still, if you can stomach those, or better yet enjoy them, it is an awesome series, something that anyone who tends to watch anime should see.

Other stuff I started recently(well, last three months):

Darker than Black(episode 6 right now) is getting suprisingly awesome by the episode, now that the series has got some resemblance of main story arch instead of a new arch every two episodes. The plot isn't great yet, but Kanno's music and the overall quality of the anime does garner a huge amount of credit for the budding star series.

Shippuuden(ep 15 now) is decent enough. I'm all burned on the main character, but the side dish of personalities and the villains keep my interest up. And it is ten times better then anything the fillers had to offer.

Bleach is keeping it's pace and doing remarkably well for such a long-running(ep 127 now) series. I'm not burned on the main plot and most characters keep being great(Urahara, Gin and Ichigo himself especially)

I've also watched Ouran Koukou Hostobu till episode 12 now and it is dectnly funny. Often I'm left wondering why is all the randomness supposed to be funny and can't stop comparing it to School Rumble, a vastly superior comedy. It also has no plot to speak of. I'm pretty disappointed actually.

I stopped watching Death Note, I hate Misa's voice. And I've finished the manga anyway. I don't think I want to live through Name and Mello again. If you ask me, the main plot ended with L and then the thing descended to crudness.

I'm stuck on Full Metal Panic, it's decent and funny, but I don't think I have the will to suffer through the dubbed episodes I find.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I read all of Death Note in manga some time before people started getting the anime.. yeah, I'd also recommend that nobody bother with the arc after L, really, the first half of the L arc was the best then it went downhill with Misa. The anime is really fairly interesting for the first few bits with the brain-teasers, but that's about it. The characters don't make sense to engage properly.

I loved Ouran actually, though somehow I caught it before School Rumble. Yeah, Ouran never does pick up a plot (Though it gets more 'story' in the second half), but really the whole point is to laugh at the antics while getting a little bit of feel-good friendship stuff. It was great.

What's the premise of Darker than Black? And by Kanno you mean Yoko Kanno of GITS?

Currently on Hayate no Gotoku, Kino no Tabi, Yotsubato! when I can get new ones. Looking for Monster and Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade.

Edited by Tigranes

I saw all of NGE Director's cut, including End of Evangelion. Frankly, it was beyond awesome. And I laughed out loud at the end even though it gave me such a hollow(in a good way) feeling. Fully recommended, even though I must be in the minority to actually like the mind**** scenes after ep 19. Still, if you can stomach those, or better yet enjoy them, it is an awesome series, something that anyone who tends to watch anime should see.

Bhuh? I thought you didn't like NGE. Oh well... :)

Well, back in 90's you would be minority but nowadays I guess not so much. :)

I'm still watching Ergo Proxy (Piko! :ermm: )

Also, even though I've been bitching about new EVA-films like there was no tomorrow, my opinion has been slowly changing. I mean, episodes I-III didn't dimish Original Trilogys glory. Original NGE won't change one a bit even with these. And the goddamn Gainax has been dropped off. Yay!

Poster is cool like some people said, I have bigger version right here :)

posterqj8.jpg

Anyways, I'm going to make bigger post about these new films later on.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I loved Ouran actually, though somehow I caught it before School Rumble. Yeah, Ouran never does pick up a plot (Though it gets more 'story' in the second half), but really the whole point is to laugh at the antics while getting a little bit of feel-good friendship stuff. It was great.

What's the premise of Darker than Black? And by Kanno you mean Yoko Kanno of GITS?

I had hoped there'd be some more characterisation later on, thanks.

As for Kuro no Keiyakusha, the time is present and world is otherwise our own except that half of Tokio has been lost(holy originality) to a dark and abnormal zone called Hell's Gate. World works differently there and spatial, temporal and personal dimensions are not what they seem, so there's almost no-one around, especially after the military built a wall around it. When the Gate initially appeared, several people went in to investigate and this caused some of them to be altered, sporting superpowers, like weather control, the ability to create vacuums, pyrokinesis and possession, etc. These people are called Contractors, and the contracts are overseen by almost apersonal Dolls, who also works as mediums. To continue using your powers, you must honor the Contract by Renumeration. Forms of payment can be stuff like eating flowers, smoking, drinking the blood of children(urghh) or folding the corners of pages. These Contractors are known for having almost no emotions and are often hired as assassins and mercenaries. They are everywhere and when they duke it out, normal people stay out.

Now, enter Hei, a Contractor known as the Black Reaper for being so ruthless and efficient that most contractors crap theie pants when they hear his name. It's a dog eat dog world, but fortunately our main character is one of the biggest mongrels out there.

....but wait, are those....emotions?

And yes, that Kanno. The music is bliss.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I was flipping through channels and a Pokemon movie came on. It was like, The Mystery of Lucario and MEW or something. I was playing Pokemon on GB so I left it on to further immerse myself into the world of Pokemon. Needless to say

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Dear God.

Ep 8 of Ergo Proxy was very Lovecraftian. Heck, I wouldn't have been surprised if Cthuhlu would've crawled out somewhere :wowey:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Which episode was that?

kirottu said:

Umm... Ep 8 :yucky:

Currently I'm in Ep 16

Oh, and I guess that "Quiz from Hell" episode goes under mind ****-category. I mean, what the hell did I just watch? :ermm:

It's gonna be explained, implicitly, soon enough.

kirottu said:

Yeah, kinda figured that out. Still, I liked it. Only regret is that I didn't get to see how that annoying "QQQQ" died.

Ep 16 was great, inaction, silence and narrative reminded me little bit from ep 4 of NGE which is absolutely my favorite from beginning part of series.

Pino is awesome :thumbsup:

Ep 17 -->

Friend said it was good, Paprika - it's next on my list.

Tried Darker than Black up to ep7, I like. It's not great but it's decent and Kanno > *., so I don't mind too much. Hope they don't screw up the Contractor business and make it too gimmicky though, I don't like how in 7 episodes they've already introduced a swathe of rules on Contractors, Moratoria, Dolls, 'the Lost', etc, etc, etc.

I continued D-Gray-man, ou of boredness. It is pretty decent.

kirottu said:

I like old anime the best. Macross, Lupin, Outlanders, Lodoss War, Fist of the North Star, Battle Angel, Heroic Legend of Arislan, Bubblegum Crisis, Ninja Scroll, Blood - the Last Vampire, Vampire Hunter D, all of Miyazaki movies and movies based on Shirow's work. Most of these are pre 2000. :|

And pretty many are crap. Record of Lodos War, original Macross, that horrible travesty of Gunmm called Battle Angel? Urgh...

kirottu said:

And pretty many are crap. Record of Lodos War, original Macross, that horrible travesty of Gunmm called Battle Angel? Urgh...

Record of Lodoss War and Macross are FING AWESOME!

Record of Lodoss War is among the best out there, even today. Macross is awkward because of the whole Robotech thing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Whew.. Ergo Proxy's ending was neat.

But not enough mind****! >_<

Anyway, heartily recommended for everyone. One of best animes producded in 2000's (not counting movies that is)

Oh, and what anime is this?

post-15364-1180622839_thumb.jpg

GENTLEMEN, I BRING YOU.... CORN

"IT'S NOT DIFFERENT...AT ALL! HAWHAHHAHHAHAHA!"

kirottu said:

:lol:>_<:ermm:

Oh, that picture could be from this: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show...me&aid=2820

kirottu said:

Yeah, that is it, thanks :ermm:

I'm watching AMV Hell 0 (where that corn thing was taken if someone wasn't able to read description of that video) currently...

My eyes.

Twisted but HILARIOUS >_<

With twisted I mean AMV HEll twistiness to ^10

Edited by Xard