Anime recommendations

Zoma

full metal panic (the first one, there is a semi sequel called "the second raid" do not watch this unless you are in to **** animation and incestuous under age lesbians sisters muff diving each other in the shower,) (and no you pervs, it is not a "detailed" scene.)

I really enjoyed the first series. The second raid is a full sequel. The "semi sequel" would more likely be Fumoffu. However, I've never watched either, only the original. Which one has the lesbians in it so I know which one to try first?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

full metal panic (the first one, there is a semi sequel called "the second raid" do not watch this unless you are in to **** animation and incestuous under age lesbians sisters muff diving each other in the shower,) (and no you pervs, it is not a "detailed" scene.)

I really enjoyed the first series. The second raid is a full sequel. The "semi sequel" would more likely be Fumoffu. However, I've never watched either, only the original. Which one has the lesbians in it so I know which one to try first?

Second raid doesn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'm rewatching Excel Saga, after a four year hiatus.

It's still instant win:

>"Brother! Let's go home together!"

>"........"

1)Go home

2)Ignore

3)Put it in

and

"Hmm...visual kei"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

JAM IT IN!

Also guys, you really have to post into this thread? >_< It reminds me of all that work I have to write again (thanks Microsoft <3 ). :sad:

(only Mus? should be able to understand what I mean anywayz)

Has anyone here seen Millenium Actress? Reviews I've read has been very praising.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's from the same guy that did Tokio Grandfathers and Paranoia Agent. He's also a definite superflat.

I mean, what are you waiting for?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Paranoia Agent? TG? Superflat?

HELL YES

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I'm going to take it so that you don't even know what I'm talking about.

In which case you definetly should watch it!

kirottu said:

Out of those three only Tokio Godfathers is alien to me ;)

There's a related show to Excel Saga called Puffi Puffi Purami or something like that. Only two episodes, but it features tons of Excel references and the director is in it, too.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Puni Puni Poemi, yeah. I've yet to see it, I heard it's way too random.

kirottu said:

New update! Ok, Blood+ was excellent, i thoroughly enjoyed it although Kai's whining was a bit irritating now and then. Currently watching Elfen Lied, about to start ep3. Thoughts so far? Ok, it's... yeah ok i'll not comment until it's done. And as for someone who recommended L.A. Blue Girl... No, just no. I mean, WTF!?!? Three words, avoid avoid avoid... unless you like weird tentacle stuff... Downloaded Cowboy Bebop, but haven't watched it yet. Started to download some others too, but got a warning from my ISP for using too much bandwidth or something. Pfft.

It's usually a good thing to check beforehand on Wikipedia or some dedicated site like Anidb or ANN before downloading something you don't know much about.

Otherwise you'll just end up downloading tentacle hentai. Also, do yourself a favor: watch Honey and Clover(Hatchimitsu to Clover), I'm just starting but so far it's awesome.

kirottu said:

New update! Ok, Blood+ was excellent, i thoroughly enjoyed it although Kai's whining was a bit irritating now and then. Currently watching Elfen Lied, about to start ep3. Thoughts so far? Ok, it's... yeah ok i'll not comment until it's done. And as for someone who recommended L.A. Blue Girl... No, just no. I mean, WTF!?!? Three words, avoid avoid avoid... unless you like weird tentacle stuff... Downloaded Cowboy Bebop, but haven't watched it yet. Started to download some others too, but got a warning from my ISP for using too much bandwidth or something. Pfft.

I can recommend Elfen Lied. The first four chapters are a bit eff, but it picks up later on. Highly recommended

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah elfin lied is pretty cool. I liked the ending with the clock. I mean the show as a whole is pretty f'd up and the pedo part, is, well pretty damn pedo. I'm surprised it's not illegal in 49 states.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I still think that the people who rate these things only watch/read the first volume.

Case in point, we used to have Scions of Darkness in the kid part of our library. Not that any the toddlers there understood the tentacle parts.

kirottu said:

Currently watching Claymore. Think some of you guys would like it.

Edit: Aha, already been recommended. Then I have to recommend another one: Hajime No Ippo! Crazy boxing anime. Fans of One Piece, Naruto and alike will love it.

Edited by Thingolfin

Just started watching Sisters of Wellber. Enjoying it so far actually. I only have the first three episodes though, gotta wait for the others. *sigh* Have to wait for the rest of the episodes of El Cazador De La Bruja too. Elfen Lied was quite enjoyable, kinda sad at the end though. Gee, i kinda wondered who the shadow behind the door was at the end though.

Somebody suggested I try Love Hina. Anyone seen it? Any thoughts?

Augh, Love Hina is rather hard to recommend, though I've only read some of the manga, because while it is decently funny, the demographic is still teenage boys, it's comedy-romance and ecchi afterall.

Rather, I'd suggest you watch Honey and Clover. It's still the same "group of friends live in an apartment"-format, but ways more mature. And when I write "mature", I mean that it's written(and directed) for an entirely different reader than Love Hina. H&C is a romance manga/anime though and through, but the author has managed to inject crazed humor and slapstick in the daily lives of his characters. It can be incredibly deep in parts, as the main character Takemoto thinks of his relationship to his friends and family and ultimately their place in the world, but it can also drop you from your chair because Takemoto's friend is an insane nigh-dropout art student who insists on dressing their mutual friend into a mouse costume and supposedly sees an entirely different world from everyone else, one where e.g the concept of property is not applicable. :blink:

kirottu said:

Hey guys, new stuff I'm watching:

Claymore ~ good action + lots of hot girls

Devil May Cry ~ mindless fun

Gurren Lagann ~ gar + fanservice

Hayate no Gotoku ~ 4 the lulz

Kaze no Stigma ~ mindless fun

Lucky Star ~ 4 the lulz

Mononoke ~ awesome art

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei ~ on disk but haven't watched

Seto No Hanayome ~ made of win and LOL

Shigurui ~ serious samurai anime that I don't always understand

Sky Girls ~ underage girls pilot latest technology

Umisho ~ beach + swimming anime

Baccano! ~ looks to have good potential

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Well, I enjoyed .hack//sign very much, though I had to watch the the last 3 episodes a couple of times to convince myself I hadn't actually missed the ending. I find I am enjoying the yuri focused anime the most. Noir, El Cazador De La Bruja, .hack//sign etc. Go figure.

Where exactly is there yuri in Noir and El Cazador? You're reading too much into them, heh. I wouldn't mind it, though.

It's funny, all those series you mentioned are from the same scriptwriter(sorry, can't recall the name). Maybe you should seek the reason for your interest from somewhere else. :thumbsup:

And now: I'm going to leech Genshiken from somewhere. It's been long in the pipe. I tried watching Welcome to NHK, but I think I'd rather read the manga, apparently there's a lot of differences.

kirottu said:

I tried watching this show called Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto but it was pretty boring. Some of the style was nice but the combat and story was stale. So much so that I deleted the entire series. It was just lame all around.

In other news kekkaishi hasn't been subbed in like a month. I think they were all sexually brutalized into submission to stop.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.