Anime recommendations

Zoma

I have to disagree with that statement. It goes more like this:

First manga, then anime: manga is better

First anime, then manga: anime is better

Of course, there are expections.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's always either Full Metal Alchemist, Azumangah or FLCL(or all of them), isn't it?

I got back to Full Metal Panic, since I noticed that the characters are actually rather compelling. I used to dislike the series a lot for the goddamn ubiqutous school theme, but the series is really getting into me.

I like FMP, even have the whole series on DVD. Been considering getting the second series, have you watched it?

I briefly watched the Second Raid before starting from the beginning and I have to say it wasn't all that wonderful. Especially the enemies were sub-par. However, it is very similar to the first season in that the humour, relationships and robot action keep the expected quality, so fans of the first seasons should be satisfied(using "fan" as a very loose term here). I didn't see enough to justify any comments about the story.

I found it to be alot darker than the first season.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

has anyone else noticed that anime and manga seems to always start out with humor everywhere then at somepoint, takes a left at Albuquerque and becomes a really dark and intense and murderous series?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hmh, not really.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

has anyone else noticed that anime and manga seems to always start out with humor everywhere then at somepoint, takes a left at Albuquerque and becomes a really dark and intense and murderous series?

I can only think of Trigun for that one.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

and NGE

Really, even (just as an example really) Cowboy Bebop doesn't count since episodes ranges from dark to very funny even from the very beginning

It's true though that pilots tend to be lighthearted

Edited by Xard

Inu-Yahsa was lighthearted then became dark. I guess it's mostly manga that has this happen.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

inuyasha is weeabo sauce, anyways I started watching seirei no morbito. Neat little show. The animation and quality is top notch, however the story seems to be a bit lacking. In the first 4-5 episodes I've watched so far the story has progressed practically no where.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I saw the 1st episode of Azumanga Daioh, and I can safely say WTF???

There were two things I didn't get at all:

1.The little girl and her two cooking scenes. What the hell was that?

2. When those two girls are talking about how Sakaki-San is incredibly cool, a cat randomly shows up and one of the girls says she saw something cute. What was that?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Kawaii! ^_____________________^

Oh, sorry. It's not like these outbursts happen often. Really :ermm:

Still, you should've

the penguin :)

I saw the 1st episode of Azumanga Daioh, and I can safely say WTF???

There were two things I didn't get at all:

1.The little girl and her two cooking scenes. What the hell was that?

2. When those two girls are talking about how Sakaki-San is incredibly cool, a cat randomly shows up and one of the girls says she saw something cute. What was that?

1. Japanese weirdness. Azumanga originally WAS 4-strips comedy comic, thus there's a lot of these kinds of "individual" happenings. Heh, show was originally aired in 5 minutes glimpses and reshown as one episode during weekends. :) But I guess its only reason was to show cuteness of Chiyo-chan

2. I don't have recollection of this. :mellow:

Also, you will understand why Osaka was anime's first cult character since Rei Ayanami ;)

Edited by Xard

...or

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

2 is a reference to Sakaki's secret love of all things feline, and dolls. Later she'll pop up with drawings of neko-neko (cat) dolls and stuff like that, but she's embarrassed so keeps it to herself. The girl just caught a glimpse of a sketch or something I think.

I skip the Chiyo things. Sometimes there's a fine line between what's silly but still cute / funny, and something so silly/cute that it's not funny but just blagh. For example I freaking hate Aria, cause all the voices are those super-high bubbly "oh my"s, and instead of jokes its everyone saying stuff like "Oh, what a nice day and life it is". And I skip the cooking scenes. And Osaka, I hate Osaka. Azumanga is already way too slow-paced, and Osaka makes it worse.

I love the crazy girl (Tomo) and the crazy teacher though. Best part of the whole series.

;)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I've only seen two episodes, and I already hate Osaka. I like Sakaki, though. And the girl with the glasses, too.

Oh, and thank you for explaining.

Heja Sverige!!

I've only seen two episodes, and I already hate Osaka. I like Sakaki, though. And the girl with the glasses, too.

I didn't like Osaka originally either.

Tigranes: Tomo is my favorite too :)

edit: Oh, and this is great. Sakaki-san vs. Kamineko set to Doom music :)

Edited by Xard

osaka.gif

Osaka is fun. See?

Edited by kirottu

I'm beginning to understand the appeal, yeah. I've never seen all of it, though-

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

osaka.gif

Osaka is fun. See?

I wanna slap her. ;)

Heja Sverige!!

osaka.gif

Osaka is fun. See?

I wanna slap her. ;)

Osaka has one of the best scenes in the whole series. Erm, I wont spoil you, but trust me on this one.

RahXephon

Forget NGE.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've just checked the beginning of another highly recommended series here. Combat waitress was another WTF moment.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

Osaka has one of the best scenes in the whole series. Erm, I wont spoil you, but trust me on this one.

Which episode?

Heja Sverige!!

Which episode?

One of the summer house episodes. I don

Edited by kirottu

"Huh? I thought I had a fying pan" :lol:

RahXephon

Forget NGE.

All I have to say about RahXephon.

Gah, I hate Xephon, stupid, moronic, copycat piece of ****! :sorcerer:

Sorry for the outburst. Xephon is just one of those animes that drives me around the bend, even if it is only mentioned. Luckily they're rare.

To quote DVD Verdicts review, "This Evangelion Lite tastes good enough, but is much less filling."

Whee, after finishing rewatching NGE I'm ventured to Serial Experiments Lain which is just pure awesomeness. Now, what kind of mind**** I should watch after this... I mean, watching two mind**** series is good, but watching three in sequence would be even better :o

Edited by Xard