Anime recommendations

Zoma

I can't get into Genshiken. Had it a while back, bored me very quickly very early. Realistically awkward funny has never drawn me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why not try Welcome to NHK? It's surrealistic(because the main character does a ton of acid), awkward and pitying for its characters(because two of them are otakus, one is a chem reliant depression victim, yet another joins an internet suicide cult) and astoundly hilarious at parts(especially when the main character gets addicted to eroges and everytime he hallucinates when on trip).

I watch Genshiken because I think the jabs are funny, the characters don't carry their wieght entirely yet, except for Saki. Well, it's not like the anime is anywhere near the manga in plot lenght yet.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I watch Genshiken because I think the jabs are funny, the characters don't carry their wieght entirely yet, except for Saki. Well, it's not like the anime is anywhere near the manga in plot lenght yet.

I do agree. Others don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

WOWOW did that horrible Devil May Cry...thing, so I'm not really antsy for Baccano.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

that was beautiful, thank you.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Is that... a rat-on-a-stick?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:thumbsup:

So true.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is that parody of some actual animu or parody of animu in general?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

it's a parody of bleach, in one of the first really epic battles that happens with swords instead of rats.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:mellow:

*bangs head against wall*

D'oh!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I've been going through the Paranoia Agent series after enjoying Paprika (a film by the same director) a great deal. Both are very weird and hard to follow at times, but with amazing art style and a challenging story that engages me much more than the standard ninjas almost killing each other ad nauseum.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

Okay guys I need anime. Paprika interests me immensely right now, but I'm not sure. I'd want some other options too.

Also, Kare Kano (His & Her Circumstances) was terrific. You should watch it even if you don't like the genre (like me), it's that good :ermm:

^Gainax-fanboy

kirottu said:

Nah, their newer stuff sucks

That Gurrenn-Lagann...thing was fairly abysmal, despite myself generallly liking over-the-top.

kirottu said:

That Gurrenn-Lagann...thing was fairly abysmal, despite myself generallly liking over-the-top.

Sif. It's awesome but I like campy jokes and stuff (in b4 HADAKA SARU). Things just take off exponentially after they're fighting the Spiral King.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Hey, I love camp - I watch Bleach afterall - but enough is enough once in a while.

kirottu said: