NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

A friend of mine with an ASUS laptop keeps getting CTD's becaue its apparently overheating. Oblivion, M&M and now NWN2.

What can you do about something like that? Besdies play it sitting on the balcony in the freezing cold?

I actually read about this.. thing you put on your desk. It was like a plastic stand, not more than perhaps 5-7 centimetres high, that you placed your laptop on. The plastic desk thingie was full of fans blowing from underneath (or was it the back?) and was supposed to help cool your laptop. I read about it on www.idg.se, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Still, it might be an idea to look it up more thoroughly.. :))

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

NWN2 is apparently selling very well.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...08206&forum=109

Can I get a (w00t) ?

Check this out!

NWN2Success.jpg

It's the first time I've seen anything push down those 60 day game cards for WoW since WoW was released! Neverwinter Nights 2 is selling like hot-cakes in Sweden :))

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

When are those top ten sales charts for the US released next?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This result was predicted about 2 and half years ago... when the game was first announced. :-"

It's good it is selling; but you guys make it sound like you were expecting the worse.

Obsidian is a big time gaming company who have the inside track with major publishers; not to mention being buddies with one of the few game devloeprs thata re actually bigger than they are.

Good stuff. :(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A friend of mine with an ASUS laptop keeps getting CTD's becaue its apparently overheating. Oblivion, M&M and now NWN2.

What can you do about something like that? Besdies play it sitting on the balcony in the freezing cold?

Clean it, and replace fans + heatsinks.

Cleaned it up and put it through the cold test (running it out on the balcony in -5C) and its not a heat issue after all. His hardrive is severely fragged and he's got about 3 times as many processes running in win as he should have. I recommended defrag and a clean reinstall+patch of NWN2 otherwise we'll have to do a complete wipe.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Anyone win the game yet or what?

Join the WINNER'S CIRCLE.

HOORAY

A_winner_is_you.jpg

I bestow this award upon myself, and anybody else awesome enough to have completed the game.

Honestly, I didn't much like the ending, especially if that's the end of the shard-bearer's saga. Plenty of promise in the way of touchstones, though. What with the sword and the keep and the cloak. And they could have used with a lot more "where are they now?" epilogues. I didn't get any concerning Kana or Aldanon, two of my favourite characters :( and nothing on Nasher either. Oh well. Maybe I just missed something. Or maybe they didn't make epilogues for those characters. I liked how Torio was a double-agent, though :-

Now all we have to do is sit around and wait for expansions. And mods. AND new official projects. If there is indeed a Vamp game in the works, that would be glorious, because the more time passes the more I appreciate how great Bloodlines was.

Edited by Pop

Anyone win the game yet or what?

Join the WINNER'S CIRCLE.

HOORAY

A_winner_is_you.jpg

I bestow this award upon myself, and anybody else awesome enough to have completed the game.

I made this myself http://www.xn--holmstrm-t4a.net/pics/winner.swf

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Slightly on-topic:

Im many hours into the game now and I realise that maybe it wasnt so much fun to be a spellcaster anyway. All those juicy armours and weapons and smititng your enemy into tiny bits. I cant even be a good artillery because ether the enemy runs up to me and ganks me so I get AoO's when I try to spell, or I end up frying the entire party because they run into my line of fire during those 6 seconds it takes me to cast a fireball.

Is there some way for me to reset my levels and stuff by using the console? I know I should be able to reset my exp so I end up at lvl1 and then give me enough exp to level up again to where I was but as a fighty type. But then Ill have that first lvl of sorceror giving me xp penalty

the enemy AI attacking the selected character thing is annoying, isn't it? you can avoid it by selecting another character, but then you don't get to actually play your main dude, which sucks if he's a spellcaster. AI for spellcasters ain't that great. heck, i had a certain spell-enabled character lecture me about the area we were in and the fact that we could not cast spells... he then proceeded to cast failed spell after failed spell, depleting his reserves while standing in the middle of the fray. silly. :thumbsup:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The way combat works with the "flowing turn-based" and AI really makes it inconvenient to play on the hardcore setting.

I wished NWN used the ToEE combat engine.. if it did, I would probably die of joy.

i think you can probably still set it to pause after each round, but that gets cumbersome.

i'm not in a hurry to play hardcore with a spellcaster for sure.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

If you've got enemies hitting you and fear of AoO, just go into defensive casting mode and they can stand there for all they like. With some decent defensive spells (shield, stoneskin, greater stoneskin) you'll be able to hold your own.

Well, caster's are supposed to be vulnerable. If I throw a fireball severly wounding ten or so opponents, I expect my caster to be charged. I haven't had much problems with my casters being charged, selected or not, if they stand back and do nothing. But once that AoE spell goes off, they're number one on the hit list. But usually by then everything is weak enough that a fireburst or two finishes them off.

(Qara has a way of just... dealing with things)

In PnP play, you protect the spellcasters by having the rest of the party stand in front of them so the enemy cant charge them of will be cut down in a hail of AoO's if he tries. This is impossible to do in NWN because once youve told a party member to go to a location and switch to the next party member, the first one will run off and attack the enemy. I havent found a mode for the AI that is "stay where you are and only attack opponents you can reach from there.

I can use the "resetlevel" and "givexp" commands to bring a char to lvl1 and then back up again as another class. Problem is that the first class remains and causes XP penalty. So, Im pretty much stuck as a Sorceror. I couldnt go eldritch knight either because then Id end up being both a weak melee fighter and a weak spellcaster

Broadcast Command - Hold your ground makes everyone except the one giving the command stand where they are. But once you're in combat (at least with puppet mode on) everyone does only what you tell them to do. So it's very possible to have your fighters stand in the way of your casters, the problem is that a single AoO or even two won't be enough to down most opponents. A few well placed backstabs once they get past you on the other hand...

Just a quick question;

does anybody actually use pause liberally? In IE games the way I played was, I would pause every 6 seconds (or more often, really), order each of my party mbmers actions, then pause whenever I need someone to make a move. In difficult battles I would be pausing literally every couple of seconds.

So I'd like to know if anyone plays with that much pausing and the lack of complete control still bothers them, or if party members running off and all matters if you don't pause as frequently.