Recommend me something to watch

JohnCrichton

Well,

I need something to watch as todays shows doenst offer much entertainment...

Recommend me a series, movie or something completely different but entertaining. (dont say poker... bush u friggin idiot):

I will go first and recommend anyone to see the sci-fi series:

FARSCAPE:

Entertaining, wellwritten and a cast who really sparkles and work good together plus the CGI/QUALITY is topnotch from start to end!

Whenever i feel really down on my luck and life sucks this is one of the few series that can get me in a good mood. It always gives me inspiration for my writing.

Games:

Defon -> Just cause it feels good nuking you all ;-)

Book:

The outsiders -> Still my favorite - Dunno why!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I had to read The Outsiders for school. It was pretty good.

Stay on topic WTFOMG

The Outsiders feels like a Lifetime movie to me now (that's a bad thing). No street toughs, no matter how soulful, find an interest in how poetry applies to their lives. No. It doesn't happen.

Most people say Battlestar Galactica is soooo good. The Wire too. Haven't seen either, personally. I watch the Shield, which starts off kinda lame and then gets better over time. Last 2 seasons pwn. For my lulz I watch the Daily Show, the Colbert Report and the Venture Brothers.

I have all my new music imported from a guy I know in Canada, now and then I'll find something on my own. Recently I'm listening to a lot of Mew and Vitalic.

Gamewise, cRPGs. Deus Ex, BG2, Fallouts, Vampire and KOTOR. Use Oblivion like garlic, with discretion.

As for books, read State of Denial. <3 Bob Woodward. I'm also a sucker for Stephen King's short novels.

Nobody mentioned Lost? Well, I think it is alright, but a few people here love it. I think you can get the first seasons on itunes or whatever, and the third season is on right now for me. Uh, bye.

Edited by Blank

Totally, best drama in TV right now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Rome! House! YouTube!

Games...eh, I mostly play old games now, probably nothing notable there.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The shows I watch on TV now:

Smallville, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, Brotherhood(huge Jason Isaacs Fan), Rome.

Shows I own:

Highlander, Hercules, Xena, Sliders, The Pretender, Firefly, plus many many cartoons.

So I recommend any of those. Brotherhood is on Showtime, its kind of like an Irish Sopranos, only split between two main characters, two brothers one a gangster(Jason Isaacs), one a politician. Really interesting. Not as humourous as Sopranos though.

Book recommendations: Song of Ice and Fire series, Sword of Truth series, Dragonlance Chronicles/Legends, Swan Song(About the immediate aftermath of a nuclear apocalypse with some supernatural stuff in there too), First 3 books of the Wheel of Time(The only ones that are really good, but you get hooked once you start).

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

South Park just had an episode about World of Warcraft. It as hilarious.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What I DO hate is Battlestar Galactica. It's nothing like the originals, too much drama, and they replaced some of the named male characters with females....

Why would female leads bother you? It is now standard procedure for women to be deployed in the frontline, so it makes sense that our fiction mirrors societal realities.

Also, good, strong female leads are much more interesting to watch than lots of men running around pretending to be space-heroes.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Starbuck in the new one is one of my favorite characters... I love girls who could snap me in two :ermm:

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Since the "What are you reading?" thread seems to be dead, I'll recommend The Road by Cormac McCarthy. For those of you that like post-apoc fiction, this is a devastating and frightening read. It's about the travels of a father and son, the son born after the nuclear holocaust, and their struggles to survive. A big question of the book is whether surviving is even worth it. It's really, really good.

Starbuck in the new one is one of my favorite characters... I love girls who could snap me in two  :(

Boomer is teh sexy, too: smart, strong women. mmmmm.

And, Yes, gorramit!, after watching the "extras" on the BSG miniseries (i.e. the making of featurette), my cherished memories of the original series had their rose-tinting cruelly stripped. :o

I watched the series again, then went out and bought the first season. And the writing gets much, much better towards the end of the first season ... so much so that I was pleasantly affirmed and even occassionally surprised with the plot ... and now I might have to go and buy the second series ... :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT