Yet even more of my claims come true

Epiphany

I don't get it. :huh:

If the Xbox 360 has this awesome hardware, why wasn't the console released with software fully supporting its capabilities? Furthermore, they probably will have to release new devkits so that developers can actually use the snazzy hardware features. And, of course, this means the devs will need more time to learn how to properly use the new devkits, thus delaying countless games.

So, what was MS waiting for?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes! Open your DVD Drive and the Pizza comes out.

Wasn't it olnly the old xboxes who had problems with running that hot ?

Still, an upgradeable xbox sounds to me like a cheap (albeit powerful for the price) pc :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In a forum section where the majority probably doesn't even give a crap about any of the consoles, he's being quite successful.

I know I ran out to buy a 360 after reading this thread.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I think it would be stupid of Microsoft to release the console and devkits if the games being made weren't being made using its full hardware capabilities. This is just another marketing ploy if not an outright lie. If indeed ATI had created hardware that can make use of Direct X 10 they would have made it in a video card to up against Nvidia so they can get the drop on them when Vista is released.

Sorry, Epiphany, but I do not believe you nor the article you linked to. It makes no sense and has no credibility. YOU LOSE.

The Xbox 360 is not fully DX10 compliant and wont support all the features, but it does support some, and it also supports a few that wont be in DX10 (the first release anyway).

What does the soundbite from the speech mean? I have no idea -- maybe MS is just now finishing up the API that will let developers make full use of the Xenos' features.

Why didn't Microsoft just have this enabled upon release?

Cause WGF2.0 tools weren't finalized yet?

How come no new games coming out seem to be taking advantage though? Surely if the hardware is already designed, they would have an idea on what the API is going to do to help lessen the downtime.

According to this, Xenos isn't even built to WGF2.0 spec though, and a big advantage it has is that "the API can be tailored to expose all of the features of the chip."

This is where Xenos has an issue in that its features and capabilities are clearly beyond the current Shader Model 3.0 DirectX9 specification while it lacks features that are expected to be a requirement for WGF2.0