Games you are looking forward to

Bokishi

Gamespy's new Left 4 Dead preview: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/turtle-rock-project/787896p1.html

I can not wait.

These boss zombies come in four forms. The first is the Smoker, which has a long tongue that can be used to yank you out of your group and into unfriendly arms. He also expells a cloud of putrid smoke when dispatched. The second is the Boomer. This morbidly obese zombie explodes when killed, which can sometimes be used to your advantage. Boomers can also coat you with vomit, which will cause other zombies to flock to you like you were covered with honey (or whatever sweets zombies like).

Next up is the Hunter. These guys move fast and can lunge at you and pin you to the ground and shove you into a crowd of zombies. Towards the end of one of our playtests, a Hunter punted one of our teammates right off the side of a building as we attempted to reach the roof, which obviously cranked up the tension a bit. Finally, you have the Tank, a gigantic zombie that can soak up bullets like a sponge and keep on fighting. These monstrosities hurl cars at you or hit you with a punch that'll send you flying across the room. Tank are the most dangerous boss zombies you'll face and require coordinated, concentrated firepower to take down.

The big kicker, however, is that these boss zombies can be controlled by other players. When you start off a game four people can play as survivors while another group of people can play as the boss zombies. These boss zombies can respawn just like the players can and their goal is to stop you from escaping at all costs. They have set respawn times and only a certain number of certain types of boss zombies are available at one time, so you'll never find yourself running into four tanks at once.

I remember the description of the Boomers. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Looking forward to the newest fourth installment of the "Legend of the sword and fairy" series.

Western gamers are unlikely to be aware of this series but its being heavily worshiped by the Chinese gamers due to its fantastic storyline of love and tragedy, the visual presentation(Beautiful artwork) and its music. Graphic wise of course, its out of date but its the substance that counts right?

I still couldn't get over the first ending of the game. Eyes so wet ::Sobs::

Edited by Zoma

Mask of the Betrayer and Dragon Age, and that is pretty much it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Looking forward to vapour ware? WOW! That's impressive!

Anyways,...

Mass Effect, Mask of the Betrayer, Raw vs Smackdown 2008, Madden 2008, and Dragon Age.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I just want Spore....*weeps*. I'm kind of interested in Hellgate: London too... That's it really, at the moment.

I heard, from a completely unreliable source, that Spore has been pushed back to 2008.... :(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It's true :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm not sure whats worse that it's being pushed back or EA has a hand in it. :(

still looks awesome though

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell must be the most refreshing JRPG I've played in years. Awesome battle system. The demo is available on Live Marketplace if you make a Japanese account. I'll be picking it up come Sept 2007. Coop doesn't hurt, either.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

****! I just read a preview of Bioshock by someone who went over to New York to try the game out himself:

"Action fanatics can raise their expectations a couple of notches. Friends of exploration and a subtle and atmospheric experience can lower theirs."

"You who await the perfect combination of RPG and action will probably have to wait a bit longer. Bioshock is extreme action right from the start."

Source: The Swedish gaming magazine Gamereactor: http://www.gamereactor.se/

No wonder they haven't showed us anything except that super-lame Big Daddy :(

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

****! I just read a preview of Bioshock by someone who went over to New York to try the game out himself:

"Action fanatics can raise their expectations a couple of notches. Friends of exploration and a subtle and atmospheric experience can lower theirs."

"You who await the perfect combination of RPG and action will probably have to wait a bit longer. Bioshock is extreme action right from the start."

Weird. that's completly the opposite of what I had been expecting. Up to this point the focus had seemed less action and more exploration and adventure gaming type scenarios. What is meant by action though? FPS run and gun blow the crud out of everything? That woudl really hit me from left field if that game ended up that way.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I was under the impression that the idea was for the game to give you the option between those two gameplay styles. This is not good. :(

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost....mp;postcount=21

The more footage I see, the more I'm gonna be worried. It looks more like Prey or Doom3, and it plays way too fast! Run shoot BOOM run shoot meh.

I miss the rather calm and eerie System Shock2 gameplay.

As others have speculated, this sort of frenetic gameplay is an option, and not the way you *have* to play. It shows up on preview videos because it's much easier (and faster!) to demonstrate frenetic action than it is to demonstrate "calm and eerie". But if you want to play "calm and eerie", BioShock totally supports that choice.

Alexx Kay, Designer, Irrational Games

I wonder who will turn out to be true.

If it wasn't for Ken Levine's presence, I would have no interest in Bioshock. Nothing I have seen of the game: setting, story, art, plasmids, big daddys, none of it loos particularly interesting to me. At all.

But given Levine's design philosphy and his work on titles like Thief and System Shock 2, which are games I LOVE, I can't believe that Bioshock won't be at least reasonably good. So I am just assuming that game's PR campaign just ins't doing it justice.

My fear is that Bioshock will be one of those games, that despite best intentions from the developers, never really comes together. Like Deus Ex: IW. I hope I am wrong, of course.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

... designer Richard Garriott, aka the legendary Lord British ... created the first major massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Ultima Online. Now Lord British and his team are putting the finishing touches on Tabula Rasa, a sci-fi MMORPG that's been in the works for over five years. We caught up with Lord British and producer Starr Long for the details.

GameSpot Preview

RG: We really wanted to make combat in Tabula Rasa feel different than the "whack-a-mole" combat of most online games. We wanted to combine the character progression of a role-playing game with the pace of an action game, without making it based on reflexes. We mix real-time elements like crouching (increases damage done) and cover (reduces damage taken) with role-playing elements like special powers (lightning, crab mines, and so on). Tactical decisions happen on many levels, from unique artificial intelligence (like shield drones who protect enemies) to damage types (EMP weapons take down shields, virulent weapons don't work on mechanicals, and so on).

On top of all this, non-player characters are constantly fighting each other (Bane versus AFS, predators versus prey, and so on) instead of just standing around waiting for you to kill them. We also try to make the AI as challenging as possible. Run behind cover to get away from being shot, and that Thrax soldier you messed with may just run around the corner and kick you in the face. It's not your typical massively multiplayer online game by any means.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I still have hope for Bioshock, regardless.

Well, I'll just pick it up in the bargain bin if it meets expectations. I'm not a massive fan of SS2/Thief, so this isn't one of my most anticipated games. I'm leaving myself to be potentially pleasantly surprised, while avoiding disappointment.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

New interview with one of the designers from Deep Shadows, who are developing TWO of thw games I'm looking forward to the most: The Precursors and White Gold! The interview revolves around the game The Precursors:

"What's one game title (past or present) that you would have loved to have designed?

These games are sequels to Oblivion and Fallout."

I'm surprised nothing exploded when he mentioned Oblivion and Fallout in the same sentence.

Source: http://www.gameplaymonthly.com/interviews/precursors.php

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!