Games you are looking forward to

Bokishi

My brother has a Wii(can't tell you how wrong this sounds)

Yeah, that does sound rather...wrong.

...and I'm not very impressed with the controls so far nor with the horrible sounding little speaker in the "wiimote"...I'm sure they'll eventually get it right

Then you obviously have not played the Zelda game. That's all I'm going to say.

That was the first game I got interested in after the Wii was first announced, really into the whole black & white look and the setting but wtf is that alien looking thing in the screenies about? Some sort of myth during that time period I hope?

Yeah, that's derived from Slavic myths. Not that I know anything about it.

My brother has a Wii(can't tell you how wrong this sounds) and I'm not very impressed with the controls so far nor with the horrible sounding little speaker in the "wiimote". I actually just use it to play Gamecube games. I'm sure they'll eventually get it right, well they already have IF you're into Wii Sports.

More importantly about the Wii is the fact that it doesn't try to compete with AAA graphics race, thus also allows smaller teams (therefor often more creative) get games released.

Edit: Hell, everywhere I scroll through the threads, I get to see that disturbing and outrageous sig from Omolette. Help Help!

Edited by Morgoth

That was the first game I got interested in after the Wii was first announced, really into the whole black & white look and the setting but wtf is that alien looking thing in the screenies about? Some sort of myth during that time period I hope?

Yeah, that's derived from Slavic myths. Not that I know anything about it.

Interestingly, the Pelasgians (Pelargi, 'Storks', probably their sacred bird, originally from Palestine, or Canaan, c.3500BC), or pre-Hellenic Greeks (Gr

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Homeworld 2.

I'll buy it on Friday most likely. I've just recently found out about it and everything looks(and especially sounds) awesome. Weird post-hype, but I dig.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Homeworld 2.

I'll buy it on Friday most likely. I've just recently found out about it and everything looks(and especially sounds) awesome. Weird post-hype, but I dig.

I never got past that one mission in Homeworld 1 where you have to get through the sphere of Ion Cannon frigates and destroy the warp thingy. The closest I managed to get was sending wave after wave of kamikaze fighters. I ran out of money before I could kill them all though. :lol:

Then you obviously have not played the Zelda game. That's all I'm going to say.

I've played some of it. The only thing I found useful is aiming the bow/hookshot with the wiimote as opposed to using a controller. It still doesn't feel as precise as a mouse though. Oh, and whatever that thing is that controls the wind, that's a nice touch. I just expected more and I guess Zelda doesn't totally lend itself to the full potential of the controller. I expect the next Metroid should really run with it.

More importantly about the Wii is the fact that it doesn't try to compete with AAA graphics race, thus also allows smaller teams (therefor often more creative) get games released.

True. I just hope they have more adult oriented games this time around.

Interestingly, the Pelasgians (Pelargi, 'Storks', probably their sacred bird, originally from Palestine, or Canaan, c.3500BC), or pre-Hellenic Greeks (Gr

There's a rather interesting interview out on IGN about one of the games I am following, White Gold (aka. Boiling Point 2):

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/779/779551p1.html

Oh, and I thought this was kind of funny:

"The main opponents are people. They are from different factions and have wildly varying weapons, equipment and clothes. Naturally, some of these can be taken as booty after defeating them."

Mmm.. Booty :(

Edit: I forgot to add: REALISTIC WEAPONS FOR TEH WIN!!

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm waiting for the following games:

ArmA: Armed Assault

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Hellgate: London

Medal of Honor: Airborne

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Btw, clicking View New Posts gave me 332 pages since last time...

New preview of Two Worlds (that someone mentioned earlier in the thread):

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/twoworlds/n...p;mode=previews

It sounds an awful lot like Gothic (it's even made by a German developer, I think.. or Polish..) with an added twist of multiplayer! I'm looking forward to hearing more about this game. It's supposed to be released in May.

I bought Gothic 3 months ago, but heard that the developers were planning to produce lots of patches and improvements and deal with bugs and performance issues, so I stuck the game on a shelf and never looked at it again. Does anyone know what stage the game is at now? Are they still making improvements or is it now as good as it's going to get, and thus time for me to install it?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

That's cool. I am looking forward to this game, but I think I'll wait for the 1Gb patch (and subsequent fixes) and properly enjoy a stable version, rather than struggle through a flawed version and spoil it for myself.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I bought Gothic 3 as a pre-order. I still haven't touched it either. With Piranha Bytes, it's always a good idea to give them six months to a full year after the game is released before playing the game. Sad but true.

When the forum software was updated all the topics and replies were reset to "unread" by default.

Okay, but I haven't visited the Obsidian forums more than once or twice after registering... I had hoped it would be more like the old IPLY forums but that's not really the case.

I played the demo for gothic 3, it was complete and utter trash.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I agree.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Even with the 1 gig patch G3 won't live up to the lively and masterfully created G2. You can't just fix bad design decisions with a mere patch. The good thing however is that PB recognized that and once their Engine (it has a name that now eludes me...Genome?) is mostly completed, their next project (whatever that shall be) should be better. Tech transitions can fail sometimes and drag the whole project into misery, just look at DXIW.

Edited by Morgoth

I wish I had something to look forward to. My favorite series of all time Xenogears/Xenosaga will see no further installments. The company behind them, Monolith Soft (not to be confused with Monolith Productions of F.E.A.R. fame), isn't showing enough promise to excite me. No franchises or companies have me excited anymore.

Though, I am looking forward to playing Xenosaga: Episode III after I get done with Episode II. But, I think this thread is more about looking forward to a release.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

G2<E.T.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"