Americans too fat for X-rays

jaguars4ever

He did it to make a point, though I agree that it still isn't a very smart thing to do.  But you weren't the least bit scared by some of the content?  :p  That in America as many as 1 in 3 kids born after the year 2000 may develop diabetes in their lifetime if current trends continue?  Um, or did you not see it?

I've seen parts of it, however they were sections specifically selected to complement a presentation that someone was giving so I missed a great deal of it. I'll have to actually check it out. Wasn't sure just how much more to the movie there was than this guy stuffing himself with big macs. :o

Well you gots to check it out, then!  There's more to it than him stuffing himself with Big Macs.  It focuses mostly on obesity in America and where it's headed.  And it's not pretty.

Will do then. I have a friend that owns the movie. I'll have to go swipe it from him and take a look. :o"

I've noticed we've seen less of Hades recently, and I think it's because he's dedicated to his diet. Seriously Hades, best of luck and it looks like all us forum trolls are rooting for you. I'm not sure what that's worth, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Well, for the most part I have eliminated my fast food eating. No more McD's, Burger King, and Wendy's for me. Its been a month and a half since being in a fast food restaurant, though I never understood how or why people like the Big Mac. I think it is one of the most disgusting sandwiches ever made.

I even eat out sparingly to normal restaurants now, but once in a while I get hungry for a burrito from Flying Burrito. Of course if I have one of those that is all I am eating for the day. :(

I have drunk more juice and milk (2% to Skim) than anything else so I think I have kicked my pop addiction. Food wise I think I am pretty much set.

Drink a lot more water too. I've gone down a pants size since I've started drinking more water.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The main problem is that I have a very very slow metabolism.  It goes at a snail's pace.  I would love to have a faster, more energetic metabolism.

Your metabolism will ramp up with prolonged exercise. Im not sure what you do or how often and how long but normally aerobic activity in addition to strength training is best for your case. As you gain muscle and stamina your body will naturally require more fuel consumed at a faster rate thus causing your "metabolism" to remain high.

And be sure to take like six or seven sh1ts a day. Even if you don't feel like you have to go and push as hard as you can, this is doubly effective since you get everything out and you work pretty hard doing all that pushing.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

and here I thought only girls gave each other diet advice! ^_^

my advice would be to focus alot more on training than eating.. to begin with.. when you are starting to loose wieght because of excersise then start eating healthy - 1 you'll experiance a surge of energy - 2 the fat will dissapear faster than you can count calories!

just keep training!!!

Fortune favors the bald.

The main problem is that I have a very very slow metabolism.  It goes at a snail's pace.  I would love to have a faster, more energetic metabolism.

Your metabolism will ramp up with prolonged exercise. Im not sure what you do or how often and how long but normally aerobic activity in addition to strength training is best for your case. As you gain muscle and stamina your body will naturally require more fuel consumed at a faster rate thus causing your "metabolism" to remain high.

Something else you might do. Adding hot sauce or the like to your meals. The 'heat' of capsicum in many products increases your metabolism. You could try just sprinkling a small bit of cayanne pepper onto your food until you learn what your limit is. As you continue eating it, your taste buds will become less sensitive to it and you'll have to increase the amount to get the same metabolic boost. Start out small and we'll have you eating habanero peppers in a few months. :o

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I get this warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that I'm part of the mechanism that caused this problem :">

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Geezy Chreezy, Viscy. Do you tell people, "in a few years, I hope to be half the man I am today?"

Just kidding. How tall are you, btw?

I weighed 310 lbs once and now I'm down to 205-210. I haven't had any junk food or sweets since the beginning of April and if I can do it (I must be a junkfood addict, because I still get mad cravings every once in a while), anybody can. Take everyone elses advice, I guess, but just remember to stick with it. Results won't come quickly.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I did one of these X-rays recently and I can tell you that it's no pleasant business. They insert a needle into your arm to inject some sort of contrast fluid, and I still had to adjust the headphones for my little radio (that I couldn't hear anyway because the friggin' machine is so loud) myself, so something must have gone wrong because I had the hugest bruise on my arm for two weeks where the needle had been. Also I don't envy claustrophobes and certainly not people who are too fat to fit into the thing and have their scans postponed and stuff. But worst of all is the time you have to wait before the scan and the time after, waiting for the results.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I eat a Double Double and an order of Fries, both Animal Style, and a Neapolitan shake from the In-n-Out weekly.  I blame this for my weight loss.

Okay, they way you used double double doesn't sound like what I think of when I hear it. What are you refering to? :p

Checkpoint: The leverytime I've been stuck with a needle I haven't seen any bruising on the surface of my arm, however it hurts for a few days afterwards and I have a little trouble moving it. <_< It's better than it used to be though. When I was five and got a booster shot I had a green bruise for a week and couldn't lift my arm more than 5 degrees or so.