Americans too fat for X-rays

jaguars4ever

I sit around drinking coke all day and eating sugar loaded snacks and I haven't gain a pound beyond my yearly fluctuation in nearly 4 years now. I gain ten pounds over the winter but then it all disappears in the summer. :(

You might need some fat and protein input. Try KFC's extra crispy chicken or some of those new quadruple cheeseburgers. Also make sure you get plenty of sleep and restrain from all forms of exercises.

Absolutely isn't. People with diabetes whine too much to be funny. Ask Dr. McNinja.

:(

Actually Diabetes isn't so bad if you do what the doctor says. The diet isn't so bad either. It all depends on how a diabetic chooses to live. I'm relatively young(31) so I can change my habits and still live a normal life with new ones but if I would be old, like 70, I wouldn't care too much about it. I would rather indulge as much as possible before I join my forefathers.

Meh, I'm off topic. :">

To all those people who say they can eat a lot without gaining weight, I'd like to point out that your metabolism gets slower with age.

Guess what you will look like 20 years from now. >_

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Like the hunk of manmeat I am today, you just gotta work out baby!!!!111

or maybe not <.<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

To all those people who say they can eat a lot without gaining weight, I'd like to point out that your metabolism gets slower with age.

Guess what you will look like 20 years from now. >_

I doubt it.

And my parents and grandparents metabolism never slowed down.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I'm going to live forever too!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Starting next week I feel confident enough to start some light jogging. I tried heavy jogging a two months ago and it nearly killed me so light jogging with a mixture of speed walking should do the trick. Of course I wasn't taking vitamin supplements so my body was in a very rough shape then.

Reach the "oh crap my chest hurts"-state and keep it. Results will follow, trust me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I sometimes (very rarely these days) have a sensation as if a needle is being pushed into my chest or heart... anyone know what that is?

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Maybe you should stop poking yourself with a needle.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

How much do you weigh Hades? If you don't mind the question, that is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

How much do you weigh Hades? If you don't mind the question, that is.

Last time I weighed myself I was at 345 pounds. I am probably somewhere in between 330 to 340 for I have lost some weight since starting my diet. I am aiming at 180 to 190 for my goal wieght, though the optimal weight for my height is 165.

My family as a whole has been struggles with their weight but I refuse to take the more drastic options that some members of my family has chosen to go through such as the Gastric bypass operation.

Edited by Judge Hades

I sometimes (very rarely these days) have a sensation as if a needle is being pushed into my chest or heart... anyone know what that is?

all too well.. I went to the Doctor with that particular problem, he told me it was pretty normal (especially if you smoke)- it was simply nerves twitching, in the bottom of your lungs, which feels exactly like it's your heart that hurts..

Fortune favors the bald.

At least you're doing something about it, Hades. That's the point, I guess. You're not just turning your face to the sky and accepting your lot as the plaything of fate.

I know I need to lose weight. I was the same height and weighed 168 pounds in high school. Of course, that was too damned skinny.

I was 180-190 pounds in the navy, and that was perfect. I was strong and healthy. I think my ideal weight would be 200 pounds. Right now, I'm ~245. Being a guy, a little fat isn't nearly as big a deal in terms of looks as it is for women. It's easy to hide a little extra weight. Unfortunately, it's still unhealthy.

I need to go running along the beach in my combat boots again. :Cant's silly grin at the idea of even attempting to get into such a routine again:

Don't rely on diet, by the way. Ask your doctor about a realistic way to ease yourself into an exercise routine. I don't know what you did in the Navy, but I was always at combined commands, where a regular exercise routine was mandatory. Being lazy at heart, I hated it, but it sure kept me in shape.

Get in shape again and then give us a before and after picture. No matter what, don't accept any fate but the one you make.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hang in there Hades. One of my friends had similar weight problems and when she decided it was time to change things, it took her a year and a lot of struggle but she dropped maybe 70-80 pounds. While she hasn't been able to lose all the way down to her goal weight yet (like you her goal is a bit over 'optimal'), she's kept that first 80 off and is probably in better aerobic condition than many skinnier people.

She walked so fast I couldn't keep up with her on foot (she's a fair deal taller than I am), and the few times I tried to keep her company I had to ride my bike. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

all too well.. I went to the Doctor with that particular problem, he told me it was pretty normal (especially if you smoke)- it was simply nerves twitching, in the bottom of your lungs, which feels exactly like it's your heart that hurts..

Well I don't smoke, but I'm glad that it's probably nothing serious.

Som vi siger, 7-9-13 :D

DENMARK!

I think part of the problem might be with how we work, and how busy everyone is in an industrialized nation. Always on the go, trying to save what energy we do have for our time off. Buying fast food for lunch and frotsted mini wheats for breakfast. Drinking Pepsi instead of water, or some other non sugar additive drink.

Its easy to be lazy, but to be in a rush and degrade to fast food is the norm here in many parts of the US. And the fast food places don't help. Have you ever seen how long it takes MC D's Fries to naturally decompose compared to regular fries? Its like magic, they are eternally forever "fresh" looking.

I found that experimenting with different foods helps me find healthier choices. I found out that I love sushi, and also eat fruit as deserts, love ice tea. I now bike everywhere i go too, I love my bike! :)

db_response_grn_06_m.jpg

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I remember doing a research project on obesity last year. The reasons for someone being obese are far more complex than most people realize, but even still, the vast majority of the times the responsibility lies with the individual. But America is a fast-food nation. A child might be more likely to know who Ronald McDonald is than George Washington. Our own schools constantly stress nutrition, and yet the average school serves food that isn't much healthier (and not nearly as good-tasting) as your average fast-food joint. Not to mention the media constantly churns out all these 'miracle diets' that are supposed to make people lose weight without exercise. The key to losing weight is simple: watch what you eat and exercise. But most people lack either the willpower or the motivation to do so. People just want to be able to diet for two days and lose five pounds at keep it off. Unfortunately, it doesn't really work that way. By the way, I would seriously recommend the documentary Super-Size Me by Morgan Spurlock. It really is one of the best, and most-frightening, documentaries I've ever seen. :)

Then again, there's always the Subway diet.

Edited by Dark Moth

He did it to make a point, though I agree that it still isn't a very smart thing to do. But you weren't the least bit scared by some of the content? :thumbsup: That in America as many as 1 in 3 kids born after the year 2000 may develop diabetes in their lifetime if current trends continue? Um, or did you not see it?

Edited by Dark Moth