Americans too fat for X-rays

jaguars4ever

Thats no x-ray.

Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?!

'Cause if you are, well technically what I did was an MR and I suppose they aren't the same thing, but I did an X-ray too only that one didn't require any shots and also you didn't get pushed into a giant toilet-paper roll. It was fun. And fat people can do them too.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Good luck with your quest for weight loss Hades, hope all goes well for you!

Glad to hear your feeling a little more cheerful now too, it'll only get better if you persevere with it. :shifty:

Nartwak doesn't like me? *sniff* :'(

:shifty:

I am 5' 7" but my military records say 5' 8". :thumbsup: I didn't ask.

When I have a craving for something I satisfy that craving. In previous diets I never did that and eventually the cravings became to much and well, I buckled. This time if I have a craving for something I fulfill it but I don't go overboard. For example if I get a craving for white chocolate I get a White Chocolate Kit Kat and only eat half of it and either store the other half in the fridge til I get another craving or I throw it away.

Oh, I am trying to be a more cheerful guy around here as well. I don't think I want to go all Mel Gibson on you folks again. :)

Edited by Judge Hades

Right, you have to satisfy your cravings. But not too many times!

How about joing a gym thats open 24 hours? I found that having a place to workout no matter no late or dark it is outside was really convenient. I currently work out at a local 24 hour fitness club so I can go there even if I get back home late.

Plus if your legs hurt from speed-walking and light jogging, there are cardio machines at gyms like stationary bikes and ellipticals that will make you work up a sweat and put less pressure on your knees.

I found the elliptical machine highly effective for losing weight since you're moving your arms, legs and torso. You should work at a speed where you can feel a burn in your muscles and try to maintain that for at least 30 minutes. But of course don't over do it at first.

Also you get access to all the machine weights and free weights which are essential for increasing your strength and metabolism. There are a lot of books out there that outline workout with weights so read up and set a weight training program and focus on that. Its easy just to stumble from machine to machine aimlessly not doing anything if you don't have a program.

Good Luck Hades

well technically what I did was an MR and I suppose they aren't the same thing, but I did an X-ray too only that one didn't require any shots and also you didn't get pushed into a giant toilet-paper roll. It was fun. And fat people can do them too.

Been through those as well .. did you get a cd with the pictures home with you? I now have a fancy collection of my entire spine in X-Ray and MR scannings .. :ph34r: oh btw, my armed was blueish/yellow for a week after the MR - the nurses told me it was a pretty normal reaction to the fluid..

Fortune favors the bald.

I eat a Double Double and an order of Fries, both Animal Style, and a Neapolitan shake from the In-n-Out weekly.  I blame this for my weight loss.

You ate weight, huh? Just like Chunk in the Goonies.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.