NWN2

taks

apparently NWN2 is delayed till late october. the story lead at ve3d says "because of 50-60 hours of gameplay..." (paraphrased). i cannot link to the actual story due to IT nazism, but you all know how to get there...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

dunno.

i'm curious about the 50-60 hour thing since there have been major discussions in here regarding the evolution of that number.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm not bothered.  My current comp can't run it anyway, and it'll be a good few months until I buy my new one.

What did they say the minimum specs would be again? I recall thinking that my processor wasn't going to be up to snuff, but that I might be able to run it anyway because I had extra RAM and vid card muscle.

I'm pretty sure they said similar, but slightly higher, than NWN1.

Mine ran NWN1, but I was just meeting the specs. If the graphics are as improved as screenshots suggest, I doubt I'll be able to meet the NWN2 specs.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Atari has sent out an email, announcing that Neverwinter Nights 2 has been delayed. Originally the game was scheduled for a September release, but the game will now come out late October. According to the company, the extra time will be spent on further fine tuning and polishing.

Given that Atari needs cash fast, it's surprising that they'd allow the game to be delayed. It's fine for me. The more polished, the better.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Atari has sent out an email, announcing that Neverwinter Nights 2 has been delayed. Originally the game was scheduled for a September release, but the game will now come out late October. According to the company, the extra time will be spent on further fine tuning and polishing.

Given that Atari needs cash fast, it's surprising that they'd allow the game to be delayed. It's fine for me. The more polished, the better.

Yup, Obsidian may take the time needed to get the game as stable as possible, you hear that Sawyer? :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think the only requirement in the strictest sense of the word is a DirectX 8 card. If you've got a 6800GT or a Radeon x800XT-PE you should just about manage. ATIs DirectX 8 line up started way back with the 9500. I believe nVidias line up started as far back as series 5.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

for those of you who have spoken ill of atari as the Villain in so many past game failure tales, you should possibly reconsider. atari is desperate and bleeding and they need money... now. nevertheless, they has given obsidian more time... twice. am not sure who convinced the atari folks to give obsidian another extension, but we is thankful. fergie's "no more than 20 hours" nightmare has been at least partialy banished and nathan, for one, has been saved from almost guranteed ridicule and scorn.

congrats to atari for making the hard choice... and whoever played the role o' obsidian's Henry Kissinger in this little drama probably deserves some creit too... even if that is fergie himself.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Too bad they couldn't have done this for ToEE or MOO3.  In any case kudos for Atari for finally waking up.

I'm not sure more time would have saved those games, perhaps that's why they haven't done the same.

I hope Atari is going to make good cash with NWN2 , good deeds should be rewarded...

Edited by Lyric Suite