post ur desktop (real desks plz)

J.E. Sawyer

Kaftan is indeed a bastard.

@meta: the cat's a siamese. I've had one myself.

I'll post a picture of my desk after pilfering my dad's digital camera.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The only really bastardly thing I have is my WacontIntuos3 A4 tablet... and my laptop but I need both of those for Uni work

@Kafty: what is that screen on the right (perched atop the filing cabinet)?

Thats just my TV :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

With the exception of those 2 sheets of paper, your desktop is pretty tidy :thumbsup:

Two?There's more than two sheets and they're on top a few cds and a notepad. And some other stuff. And the ciar cleverly covers the right part, although there's less stuff there. But yeah, it oculd be worse, and in the past it has been.

Since I can't get the damned image feature to work...

http://www.tarna.us/album_pic.php?pic_id=11

My desk is most always a mess because I get bored and either tear something apart or build something. Building this time. :rolleyes:

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Well, I guess tarna's is worse than my wife's. I'm strictly a build and forget it kind of guy. As long as the programs I need to run work properly, I don't ever tinker with my computer.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

:D I don't even bother putting the sides back on any of my computers since I'll just be taking it off again in a short time. That ugly brute is a network-in-a-box. I think it weighs about 50 pounds. Steel case with two 550 watt power supplies and 7 hard-drives. The local computer store is now carrying Seagate's 500 Gb drives so I'll probably be adding one or two of those to help clean it up.

My wife is always yelling at me about the desk. :)

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

You have 2 mobo's in one case? how hectic is that? Why? Heat issues at all? Can you share a extrernal audigy soundcard or something atleast to save money? That looks pretty extreme.  :)

No problems with heat. I've added some fans in odd places to keep the processors cool. Two dual-cores in one case can make the heat add up real fast. I may add thermo-electric cooling if it becomes a problem. One of the systems is mostly archive so I don't care much about it's sound capabilities. As far as cost...I'm about 6K USD in this stupid thing. It started out as an idea and then Sarge cast some doubt on if I could make it work. Worst thing you can do is tell me something can't be done. It rapidly got out of hand from there. I've been working on it seriously for about 6 months. Works well but I really haven't loaded it up properly to baseline it.

Ruminations...

To my defence I have to add that my work involves reviewing games, so I get a lot of strange stuff sent to me, most of which ends up lost somewhere amidst all the junk on my desktop. The junk on the ugly carpeting (which is part of a student apartment from the sixties!) to the right of the desk is a project of mine where I'm slowly building a Windows 95 computer with a 3DFx Voodoo 5500 video card, just to be able to play my old Glide-games again. The room my computer is standing in is actually quite cozy (and not as barren as that picture makes it seem) but I didn't feel like including my girlfriend's setup and the sofa and bookcase and stuff.

Oh yeah, and I hereby proclaim all of you as THIEVES! (except J.E. Sawyer and Kor Qel Droma). Why? Because NONE of you have any visible games! PIRATES, ALL OF YOU!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oh yeah, and I hereby proclaim all of you as THIEVES! (except J.E. Sawyer and Kor Qel Droma). Why? Because NONE of you have any visible games! PIRATES, ALL OF YOU!

I have two places for my games. Either one isn

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

All my games (and other things) go on a tall bookshelf on the wall to the left of the desk. My non-game cd-roms go in the desk drawers. And the kitty boxes are behind me to the left, in a big closet. Mmmm, smelliferous!

@Kaftan - thicker curtains might make things less visible. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I R N0T TEH PIRATEZ0rZ!!! :o evidence below:

desktop2.jpg

@Kaftan - thicker curtains might make things less visible. :D

But me and my india rubbertree plant must have the sun :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "