post ur desktop (real desks plz)

J.E. Sawyer

"BUT what Im envious of is your view! green, green grass as far as the eye can see"

It's always greener on the other side, Kaftan.

Now, When I get my new, mondo computer built, then you will all fear and worship me. Well, maybe not. I'm only willing to shell out 2k for it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Do you have that speaker underneath your desk between your legs when you're playing games, Rosbjerg?

iyeah, it's also quite handy as a place to put your feet up when watching films etc .. but a subwoofer belongs on the ground, where it can make the house rumble! o:)

and I quite enjoy my view as well Kaftan .. unfortunatly you can't see the 180+ years old trees just outside, they are magnificant! but my view will soon change to a more urban envoriment as I'm moving to Copenhagen within the next couple of months.. so next time a thread like this arises it'll be nothing but grey buildings outside!

and I understand you sentiments on playing Dreamfall .. I would want it to be perfect as well! :-

Fortune favors the bald.

That's a very interestingly shaped room, rosbjerg. I like that window shelf with the step raised floor & the ceiling slope of what I assume is a small closet door. The candle holders are cool too. :D

I have a sub-woofer under my desk too...not as big/powerful, but I love the bass. Which reminds me, I should get some new PC speakers.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I feel for Lorfean's girfriend's musical taste.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I feel for Lorfean's girfriend's musical taste.

Micheal Jackson? :lol:

Go to the back yard and regain your manhood NOW! chew some bark, punch a hole through any wall, preferable where there is not a stud. And find a woman to boom boom!

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Yeah, something like that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I used to keep my cases open...my old computer still is. It gets really really hot in this room in summer, plus in order to attach it you needed a lot of screws, making it a pain in the arse to take it off if you needed...so it was just easier to leave it off for more airflow. My main PC has better cooling and a snap on side so I leave it on.

As to dust, you can just take it outside now and then and blow it around with canned air.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Airflow through a case designed for air cooling is actually worse if you leave it open than if it's closed. Basically, the fans form a draft through the entire case if you have the sides on, but without sides the fan just sucks in air from the closest possible distance. Of course, the turbulence created should still cool the parts some, but efficiency is decreased.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Another open PC? What about dust and accidently kicking it?

I think open PC's dust is less than close,but I don't know why.

Accident kick...hum ,I try 5 times but nothing happen. :)

If I tell you I'm good

You would probably think I'm boasting

If I tell you I'm no good

You know I'm lying

---Bruce Lee

Airflow through a case designed for air cooling is actually worse if you leave it open than if it's closed. Basically, the fans form a draft through the entire case if you have the sides on, but without sides the fan just sucks in air from the closest possible distance. Of course, the turbulence created should still cool the parts some, but efficiency is decreased.

Not to mention the dust will damage your fans and other hardware 10 times faster.

And I know that ometimes the airflow doesnt work like you imagine it to. My case, an Antec Sonata(special quiet case) has only a single 12cm fan that doesnt blow air into the case but sucks air out, and despite the intake holes being very tiny it works like a charm. At first I thought it was stupid and reversed the fan so it blew air into the case but that made everything run hot and so I swicthed it back.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

All I know is on the old computer, with the case on, the computer would flake out in the hot weather...with it off, it was fine and had nary a problem...and it still works, I still use it. That was a smaller case than the one on the current PC tho, and didn't have all the extra fans and whatnot.

I don't have a side on my case either. Mine is missing mostly because I seem to have misplaced it. Had a month or two where I had the side off because my computer was overheating with it on and the only way that I could keep it cool was to have a 12' floor fan blowing on it with the side off. After that I had a virus but didn't know what it was and thought it was actually a hardware problem so I was continually swapping out hardware for awhile hoping that something would work.

My computer room ended up being cleaned at some point and now I can't find the side of the case. Atleast I don't have to worry about screwing up the airflow as my case has no fans beyond those on the CPU, GPU and the PS.

Now where did I put that camera...