Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

I watched The Last Samurai again last night. I think Tom Cruise is a royal douche, but this is one of the few movies that he's in that I actually enjoy. Go figure.

Plus I watched the original Rollerball the other night. Moonpie!!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Currently watching Kor's signature...

Same here. :">

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Vertigo

Plot Outline: Complex story about a San Francisco detective and his psychological troubles with fear of heights and obsession over a woman.

Recommended.

Rope's still my favourite Hitchcock.

No surprises there. ;)

Marnie is excellent, too. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Superman the movie...

techies (theatre) shouldn't watch older (low budget) movies...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I saw V for Vendetta

Two things:

1. Portman was crap. Not once, not even once did I consume the suspence of disbelief and forget I was watching actors while she was on screen. There was no escapism on that front. It was like she was only reading lines from paper. Horrible, horrible.

2. The feeling, the anxiety of a revolution was nowhere. I thought the film would leave my butt and mouth sore from just the bristling clear and hypnotic feeling of ideas and thoughts that films of revolution, of clashing with oppression always do. Neeeeernnn! Wrong answer. You are dead, back to square one. There was none of that, just remotely funny long diatribes and akward lines said by actors who didn't really act.

Well, it wasn't actually that bad. And okay movie. Could have been great though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Some drama/character study called Winter Passing. Funny, it was one of those films where you're so bored you're about to fall asleep and yet you don't get up to go do something else. Or maybe it was just cause my back hurt and the couch was comfy.

At any rate...it's a really weird, slow, plodding film with a main character that I just couldn't relate to at all. Ed Harris is always fun to watch tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

X-Men: The Last Stand

Boy, did it suck.

Heja Sverige!!

And the book isn't?

Heja Sverige!!

And the book isn't?

well you have to give the guy kudos for writing a book that so many people find plausible .. and I was impressed, he was able to deliever a good story with a fairly interesting plot .. sure it's has more holes than .. something with a lot of holes :ph34r: .. but still .. a good read!

The film however falls terribly short compared to the book .. but on it's own it's falls under the usual "ok - but not great" Hollywood catagory..

Fortune favors the bald.