Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

The Davinci Code.

W/reviews, I expected to dislike it, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Again, haven't raed the book, maybe that helps. It does start a bit slow, so if you're the type where the first 15 minutes affects how you feel about a movie, probably not for you. The ending and some of the 'surprises' were a bit weak and predictable even w/out the foreknowledge of having read the novel, but I thought it had decent pacing and suspense...not action/scary suspense, just the drama kind suspense. Thought it told it's story fairly well. Could've been 15 minutes or so shorter, and Tom Hanks seemed like he was on acting-auto-pilot but anyway, I liked it and didn't feel bored.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bloodrayne.

Where's the plot?

What's with the stupid over the top gore? Reminds me of some cheap slasher movie. I had to keep myself from laughing at how stupid it was.

Did anyone else find this extremely out of character?

I mean, don't you love death and gore and stuff?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Capote - Not at all what I expected but entertaining film. Great acting all around.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Haven't seen this in about 10 years. Some flaws, but otherwise a terrific rollercoaster ride.

Bridge Too Far - Not the best war movie I have ever seen but it was alright. Sean Connery was awesome as usual.

X-Men - Good superhero fare.

Band of Brothers - First 3 episodes, Great stuff. I love HBO in Demand.

But does it have booooobies? That's the question!

Yes, including those of the "star" and that still wasnt enough to save it. Godawful.

Bloodrayne.

Where's the plot?

What's with the stupid over the top gore? Reminds me of some cheap slasher movie. I had to keep myself from laughing at how stupid it was.

Im not sure of the plot either but I figured that was because I never played the game. The gore was ridiculous, like they were trying for the Kill Bill V1 effect, but you know, not good. Also, I could have gone my entire life without seeing Meatloaf in a vampire orgy. :rolleyes:

I watched Logan's Run this weekend. Classic sci-fi movie about a utopian city "bubble" on the face of a ravaged world, where everyone lives for pleasure... until your 30th birthday when you must try for rebirth in a crazy ritual.

Very good stuff. Bonus: Classic pinup Farrah Fawcett was in it!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I spent my weekend off on the couch with a nasty case of the flu, so I decided to go on an all out movie marathon.

The better shows I watched:

Batman Begins

Starship Troopers

The LOTR trilogy in one day ( okay I nodded off a bit during the first half of the TT)

some of the ones that made me go meh:

Contact

Man-Thing

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I watched a few movies this weekend too.

Land of the Dead: I was pretty disappointed. Day of the Dead was really entertaining to me, but I felt horrible about the ending. Land of the Dead went the other way with the ending, but I actually thought that was more lame. I liked the concepts more than the execution in this film. 30 Days did it better.

Aeon Flux: Better than I expected. Charlize Theron is a bit hard to watch as an action star, but I thought it was a decent action flick. I swallowed most of my complaints because I know they were trying to stay true to the anime.

Munich: It was a very great movie, but I do feel about an hour could have been cut out and still maintained it's message. We KNOW Eric Bana is having mental battles about killing people. You don't need special scenes to illustrate his angst. I guess I just can't handle these epics anymore, my attention span just isn't there. I still loved the story. I think I'll read the book.

I watched a few minutes of Land Of The Dead this weekend as well. There was no way I was going to sit through that in its entirety, though. It sucked monkey balls.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Bridge Too Far - Not the best war movie I have ever seen but it was alright. Sean Connery was awesome as usual.

My 10th grade history teacher showed that movie in class over the course of a few days. Sure it's bloated and mostly a big 'multiple star vehicle' film that was so popular for a while, but I still liked it enough to buy it as an adult many years later.

I watched Logan's Run this weekend.

Haha! I loved that movie when I was a kid...I had such a crush on Michael York for a while. Classic.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A Stranger is Watching

Bad bad bad. As usual, the heroine is a total dumbass who couldnt think her way out of a closet, the killer is able to circumvent all methods of security with ease and the rest of the cast is just there to die.

But maybe Im being too harsh. I fell asleep somewhere in the last 1/3 of the movie so maybe it suddenly got awesome.

saw the Da Vinci Code today and liked it a lot. while I don't agree with the "true facts" presented, I also realise that this is a work of fiction, loosely based on some scholarly research while also relying on pop fiction and legend.

anyway, very entertaining and the acting was outstanding.

Right, so X3 was fine. I agree with most here about it.

Famke Janssen is...just wow. WOW!

After paying myself sick to see that, although seeing it on big screen was almost worth all the euros, I saw the dvd-rip of Bourne Identity, which was suprisingly good. Definetly one of my favorites, an ever increasing list which I forget the contents of every day, from now on.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I watched X3 last night. Too many mutants. Too many deaths. Too much Wolverine and Storm. Aside from the opening bit and the final battle everything else in between seemed kinda lame.

I still think the Spiderman movies are way better than this.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Everthing in Spiderman movies is cool, except Dunst and Maguire. Which kinda defeats half the movie for me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bourne Supremacy is pretty good, too ... ... not least because the stupid female baggage is lost ...

To each his own.

Me, I stopped watching when that happened. Their relationship elevated the original from dumb spy stuff into something worth watching, and I can't imagine the sequel did anything but plummet downhill after she was killed off. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)