Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

I just got done watching the entire Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, from begining to end.

Grrr. Argh.

I think the series was good in the very beginning....but they really cheesed it up as the series progressed.

They lost the humor, the sarcasm, and the wit that I liked from the beginning season.

It just turned into another teen drama though. :(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

CARS:

The only thing that bugged me at first was the absence of drivers/humans and I couldn't help but think "how'd they built cities without hands?" but once you get past that it's very decent.

Hee hee. My friend couldn't get over that illogic! (He took his two daughters to see it, and frowned all the way through it.)

They even had repair shops, but no people. That requires a child's perspective to suspend disbelief ...

Meta, for a friend of yours to be like that does not surprise me at all. :Darque:

Hey! I resemble that remark.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Has anyone ever seen the original movie?

Yeah...tho the only thing I remember from it is Paul Reubens. :wub:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now I am debating to watch all of Angel or all of the original BSG.  :wub:

I ordered and watched the entire original BSG plus all the episodes of Galactica 1980 (guys on eBay have this).

I have to say that, when you watch them in chronological order, it makes much more sense. The new ones blow it away but I still like the originals....Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch did some great acting there.

it is also interesting to see such blatantly sexist themes pop up in the dialogue from time to time. (w00t)

Not really a movie but since BSG was mentionned...

I've been discoverin' the new Dr. Who.

Just watched S01E06-Dalek. Fantastic episode!

I'm unfamilliar with the original but I like this show a lot.

And somehow my english speak is now tainted with a slight British accent.  :thumbsup:

the original had some good material from time to time but the overall feel of it was sooo hokey and low budget.

I may have to check out the new series.

His death scene was very dramatic!

:D

The New Who: I like the actor plying the Doctor...the girl is a bit annoying. Pretty decent show tho.

We watched the DVD of The Three Burials, which is one farking strange film. Hubby rented it thinking it'd be a western...it's not.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not really a movie but since BSG was mentionned...

I've been discoverin' the new Dr. Who.

Just watched S01E06-Dalek. Fantastic episode!

I'm unfamilliar with the original but I like this show a lot.

And somehow my english speak is now tainted with a slight British accent.  :thumbsup:

the original had some good material from time to time but the overall feel of it was sooo hokey and low budget.

I may have to check out the new series.

The writer / exec producer is a life-long fan, and he is treating the

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

superman 2

I loved the "There's no way to get your powers back if you do this" then " Oh NOEZ! IT'S ZOD!!!!1oneelevetny1!!!" bing powers back.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.