NWN2 interview & new screenshots

funcroc

It's easy, and can be done within 3 seconds (if not quicker) and since each round is 6 seconds menaing you can't cast more than 1 spell per round (barring haste or quick spell) than it shouldn't matter how much you cna quick. I found it really intuitive, and rather quick.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'd say the mind operates faster skimming a vertical/horizontal menu than a circular one. Of course, I always played with pause like I do with IE games. :huh:

I never really had a problem with the radial menu. Whatever else, the radial menu in NWN was not my main source of grief. Of course, I probably won't care about the menu they use for NWN2. I tend to adapt pretty well to different interfaces. Well, I can't play FPSs on the Xbox, but other than that.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So, what type of GUI did you use?

Context-sensitive vertical drop-down menus.

examples please.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

* Right-click hold drop-down menus. Have you played Fallout? Same thing. Holding a right-click on an object (or in the world) will bring up a vertical context-sensitive menu list of icons. Each icon is an action that can be performed on that object or will lead to a vertical sub-menu that contains other actions. E.g. attack is a stand-alone icon. Paladin class abilities leads to a sub-menu of lay on hands, etc. The menus never go deeper than that.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Right-click on monster: drop-down menu shows Attack, Cast Spell, Some Random Special Ability. Hover Cast Spell to open a dropdownmenu right next to it, showing the available spells targetable at enemy.

Right-click on empty tile: drop-down menu shows Move, Cast Spell (for AOE spells), and some random crap.

Right-click on neutral or friendly critters: Talk, Pickpocket, etc.

Or the Cast Spell one could be divided even further at the first menu. Who knows.