Movies You Have Seen Lately

Dark_Raven

I saw Crash, the Oscar winner and I cant believe they chose this load of sentimental drivel over what the competition offered. Sure, it raises the usual old rascist question and I suppose thats good but it drenches it all in this hollywoodish, sweet, icky syrup of emotional lowkey music, people weeping and staring off into the distance.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just saw V and was pleasantly surprised. It's kind of hard to sa why, though, as the dialogue was a bit pretentious and the narrative not as tight as it should. I enjoyed watching it and it felt like more than the sum of it's parts. Perhaps it was the ending: it wasn't particularly surprising but it felt quite fulfilling.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I watched the director's cut DVD of The Warriors. It was basically the same, but with an introduction by Walter Hill, a new opening, and a comic book style to switch a few scenes.

Awesome, as always.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

The Last Samurai.

Tis what I consider to be a good movie. There is pretty good acting, a good story, and good action.

Edited by Blank

Old hands here may be surprised to hear I enjoyed V too. And for once I was not just watching Natalie Portman, although that's partly because she was horrifically skinny. I am going to be listening with interest to conversations to see if the common man picks up any of the ideas.

Interestingly all major UK newspapers we checked today slated the film. Conspiracy?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Old hands here may be surprised to hear I enjoyed V too. And for once I was not just watching Natalie Portman, although that's partly because she was horrifically skinny. I am going to be listening with interest to conversations to see if the common man picks up any of the ideas.

Interestingly all major UK newspapers we checked today slated the film. Conspiracy?

Conspiracy? No. Correct Concensus? Yes.

3 Iron

This is a movie I saw last year but as I didn't post anything about it at the time I thought I'd do it now. In a nutshell it's the story of a guy who breaks into other people's homes and lives in them for a couple of days while the owners are away. The film has much more to it than the basic premise, though.

See it now!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Last Samurai.

Tis what I consider to be a good movie. There is pretty good acting, a good story, and good action.

Saw that. Great film. :lol: Too bad Tom Cruise is such a weirdo in real life.

I thought it was well shot with interesting visuals.....but that was it's only positive quality.

It was a silly premise as well.

Aliens - Special edition. Better than the theatrical release.

Flightplan - Not bad at all.

The Spy Who Loved Me - Used to be my favorite Bond movie, not it is about 10th or so on my list.

Moonraker - Great action film, terrible Bond film.

Ultimate Avengers - Pretty good but, changes to the Avengers I know and love were difficult to swallow.

Not really a bad way to spend part of the weekend.

Two for the Money

Starring: Al Pacino, and Matthew McConaghey

I didn't care for this too much, and seemed much longer than it needed to be weighing in at 2 hours.

A History of Violence

Starring: Viggo Mortensen, Maria Bello, and Ed Harris

It was an awesome movie, and I highly recommend it. Its one of the few movies that actually lives up to the hype.

V for Vendetta is a great movie, it's way of looking at life is very enlightening, and very beautifull at times, V is the coolest character I've seen anybody come up with in along time.

The Star Wars movies are always great, I love Return of the Jedi, the Star Wars movies are my favorite movies of all time.

You all should really watch the Passion of the Christ, it shows what the Lord Jesus, my and humanitys savior did for us, he died for us so that all you have to do to be saved is except the Lord Jesus as your savior, he gives the greatest gift of all time so freely and yet so many reject him, it is very sad that so many stuborn hearts will not except what deep down inside of them they know is true.

Jesus Loves Us All

You all should really watch the Passion of the Christ, it shows what the Lord Jesus, my and humanitys savior did for us, he died for us so that all you have to do to be saved is except the Lord Jesus as your savior, he gives the greatest gift of all time so freely and yet so many reject him, it is very sad that so many stuborn hearts will not except what deep down inside of them they know is true.

Psst:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311361/

It's better.