Gaming Consoles

Akhan225

Which gaming system do you prefer over the others?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which gaming system do you prefer over the others?

• Playstation 2
    • Gamecube
    • X-Box
    • Personal Computer
    • Playstation
    • N-64
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • SNES
    • Gameboy Advanced (Advanced,SP, or Advanced DS)
    • PSP

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

Follow the light!! Strike with all your vengeance and wrath upon the unholy consoles!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

PC FOR LIFE...

Maybe this poll has already been made before, maybe not. Either way, choose your method of play.

(this was created mostlly in response to the discussion in the HALO Movie thread, which I suspect will likely be derailled soon by a mod)

I thought the mods are there to stop derailment

The ignorance... :)

*Sniff*  No...no Sega Saturn? :'(

If it was there, the Saturn would win hands down for me for no reason other than NiGHTS, without a doubt the greatest game ever created. 

Oh hell yeah. NiGHTS Into Dreams kicks hardcore ass. I still play it today when there isn't anything else to play. :D

Anyway, I voted for PC like all you others.

Edited by Draken_Fett

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

My PS2 is getting a lot of love now that Resident Evil 4 has come out on it. What a game!

Although I wish they would port it to PC too, only with better controls.. (I hate having to rotate my way around the world.)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

PC FOR LIFE...

Maybe this poll has already been made before, maybe not. Either way, choose your method of play.

(this was created mostlly in response to the discussion in the HALO Movie thread, which I suspect will likely be derailled soon by a mod)

I thought the mods are there to stop derailment

The ignorance... :)

Fixed, Cmon now, everyone knew what I meant.

Pcs seem to be winning, not a surprise. I thougth people would swing more towards consoles because of the ease of use of controllers.

Edited by Akhan225

My PS2 is getting a lot of love now that Resident Evil 4 has come out on it. What a game!

Although I wish they would port it to PC too, only with better controls.. (I hate having to rotate my way around the world.)

Played it on the GC. Wouldnt happen to know of any significant differences would you ?

Definately qualifies as fantastic anyway.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Upgrade it then!! :)

Voted PC, mainly as its the only console i have at the moment, my brother has stolen my PS2, but also because of the fact that you can update and upgrade it so it performs much better. The way i see it, soon the Xbox 360 is coming out, and soon there will be upgrades for the PC that will enable it to have the same kind of capabilities as an Xbox360 :blink:.

Disciple: Thats what PCworld/city was built for! :blink:

I did the exact thing, i knew my PC was extremely out of date, so i took it there, and they will install it for you, and they'll probably have any of the upgrades you need there (As long as you live somewhere in the EU).

I didnt find it cost too much anyway, but it depends what you buy...

Wow, that sounded way too advert-ish :)

Edited by Petay

Ugh not PC World!! they will gouge you for what could be done by a monkey!

If you are serious about upgrading, read up on the subject, there are plenty of magazines out there. Ask a friend in the know. Decide on what you want and then do it yourself.

If you want to upgrade purely for gaming and nothing else and the cost is too high... hold out for a console.

The only complicated thing about building a computer is making sure the mounts for the motherboard are screwed into the right part of the case.

And once the motherboard is on, everything else is unbelieveably easy. Pretty much every thing you have to put into the computer involves plugging it in to the one socket on the motherboard that it will fit into, or any one of the many sockets it will fit into.

As long as you don't buy an Intel chip for an Athlon board, or visa-versa, building a computer is simple. A local PC hardware shop will provide you with the components you need, and will usually offer you free and good advice on what to buy.

Plus, knowing that you did it with your own two hands will give you a great sense of manly satisfaction. :wub:"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I hate video games.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hate the player, not the game. :o"

Though I love X-Box, I voted PC because -

a. It's what I started out on

b. Computers are way better for RTS's. (daydreams of Starcraft)

c. A lot of my favorite games are on PC. (daydreams of Starcraft again)

d. Also, downloadable content. :wub:

Edited by Mothman

It's true, I do hate you.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I voted SNES because it is the only console I've ever owned.

I didn't vote PC because it isn't a gaming console. But I guess you already knew that.

Edited by Soulseeker

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: