KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Actually because of the larger mass and friction it goes actually slower than a bullet, at subsonic speeds while a bullet goes at the speed of sound.  After all, if the blaster bolt goes at the speed of light how do we see it?

Because GL thinks that it looks pretty to have blaster bolts?

Actually, I have never come across the definition of a blaster bolt before, which is why I ask. I always assumed it was some sort of laser / maser or possibly plasma.

Considering that GL has veto on all design issues, and also considering there is sound in every space battle ( :unsure: ), I don't hold the films up as templates for scientific sampling ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, for accurate viewing of a laser you should see the movie Congo. Yes, it is a rather bad movie about gorillas but it does show an accurate portrayel of a laser and what a high powered laser can do. A blaster on the other hand would be best described has shotting out super heated plasma at subsonic speeds at a targe.

Well, for accurate viewing of a laser you should see the movie Congo.  Yes, it is a rather bad movie about gorillas but it does show an accurate portrayel of a laser and what a high powered laser can do.  A blaster on the other hand would be best described has shotting out super heated plasma at subsonic speeds at a target.

The Chinese have deployed lasers to their armed forces. (To blind the opposition.)

Didn't know about the lasers in Congo, I will endeavour to cross its path. The super-heated plasma seems to be similar to the weapons in Eraser. (No, not Eraserhead. The Arnie film.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually the weapons used in Eraser were high velocity railguns that used magnetic coils to super heat a iron slug to the near point of melting and project it at its target.

Not plasma ammo, then? Hmm, I want the plasma upgrade. (Where are the nanites? Attack, my chimps!)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'd just hit a jedi with a planetary defense cannon. Sure he can block the small bit thats the size of his saber but I doubt he can block the entire blast...

If you were to play as a non jedi You'd have to be the top of the class killers or you'd have to have a ysalmiri on your back.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If you were to play as a non jedi You'd have to be the top of the class killers or you'd have to have a ysalmiri on your back.

or play AS a ysalmiri :ph34r:

What? Speak clearly! A SALAMI? Why would an assassin have a salami in their back?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

or play AS a ysalmiri :ph34r:

What? Speak clearly! A SALAMI? Why would an assassin have a salami in their back?

Field rations, you know... :lol:" :D

I'd just hit a jedi with a planetary defense cannon. Sure he can block the small bit thats the size of his saber but I doubt he can block the entire blast...

Yeah, like some Jedi who was hiding on Alderaan would have been able to deflect the Death Star's firing beam when it went off :lol:

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Naw, the Jedi would have run away before the Death Star got there.

"Shall be save the planet full of innocent people?"

"No, we must not act until we know the full impact of those actions ... and discretion is the better part of valour!"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"No, we must not act until we know the full impact of those actions ... and discretion is the better part of valour!"

Which is why the Jedi are weak and the Darkside rules.

Then how come the Darkside always loses Gabbs? :shifty:o:)

Morrowind lends itself to ranged/blaster combat than NWN. I say take Morrowind with some skilled artists and make a Non-Jedi focused Star Wars mod. There are plenty of Star Wars models used in other games. People probably developed said models in 3DStudioMax. You can probably ask the authors for the original 3DSM files and then convert them to Morrowind models.

Amen

Then how come the Darkside always loses Gabbs? :geek::p

Go watch episode 3 n00b!

They win!

and don't say temporary.

Palpatine rules for 20 years.

The Galaxy was in darkness for 20 YEARS! Tha'ts more than the "holier than tho sith lord revan's" 5 years.

20 years is good enough kicks and palps was old heh, it was time for change by the time he was killed...by a 3 second-former sith lord/chosen one...no doubt....lol

let's get back on topic people :(

personally, i think they should leave dismemberment to the fps games (jedi outcast had lots of dismemberment). there's just too many factors to take into account to implement it into an rpg

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

let's get back on topic people  :ermm:

personally, i think they should leave dismemberment to the fps games (jedi outcast had lots of dismemberment). there's just too many factors to take into account to implement it into an rpg

Why? Worked fairly well in the Fallout games, and those are considered among the best CRPGs ever made...

Lots of PnP RPGs have critical hit rules that allow dismemberment. One of those is the Star Wars d20 RPG, btw.

The greatest problem with such rules is usually that it takes forever to roll dice and sort of the results, which is something that would actually be done instantly in a computer game...

The greatest argument against something like that is really how it would affect the demographics >_<"