I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

Mon Calamari ballet, apparently.

I still a bit 'huh?' about Anakin's fall to the darkside - he wants to save Padme, but why would he trust the Sith Lord that tried to have her killed/captured several times?

Remind me never to visit there.

Anakin is a bit dense. He probably thought he was better than he actually was too since Obi Wan beat him. But thats what happens when you go around calling someone the chosen one. If the Jedi were smart they would have kept that little titbit to themselves.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Anakin views the chancellor as a mentor and a friend much moreso than the jedi as a whole. So if there is a point of contention between the Jedi council and Palps he would side with palps.

At the end of the duel it seems like obi is getting tired whereas annie is getting more c0cky and arrogant in his style but not tiring. At the end he takes a gamble and Obi exploits it. By telling aniie he has the advantage it shows he doesnt want to end it but will if forced. Annie in his arrogance decides to throw caution to the wind and goes for it anyway. It doesnt really make obi out to be a better swordsman technically but definitely more cunning and sneaky. ( this can all be viewed as overanalysis and a need to rationalise supposed plot holes but its just one way of looking at it)

I saw it again today and the dialouge is really unprofessional and very uneven. Its like an amateur wrote it, there are loads of unsuitable dialouge and remarks that doesnt fit in with the mood of the conversation.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought this movie was probaly the second best of the whole series. It took me awhile to find a good "english" theater in Bali. Some of the scenes with the Emperor were just strange, and Padme and Anakin shared some laughable moments, but to me it wasn't any worse then the way Mark Hamill used to ham it up.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What the hell you are doing on Bali? :-

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Vacationing with a friend who grew up there, and before anyones is like how could I risk my life around so many Muslims, Bali is mostly Hindu. Anyway I had a blast surfing during the day, and consuming 'shroom' shakes every couple of nights.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Vacationing with a friend who grew up there, and before anyones is like how could I risk my life around so many Muslims, Bali is mostly Hindu. Anyway I had a blast surfing during the day, and consuming 'shroom' shakes every couple of nights.

Just don't get arrested.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Natalie Portman was indeed atrocious :ph34r:

What happened to her? IMO, she's the absolute worst actor in the entire movie trilogy, and that's a bit shocking because her previous work was, at the very least, decent.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think she was trying to emulate Carrie Fisher's cocain diet and the loss of nutrition caused her mind to slow.

Palpatine to me was the worse thing though, the way he acted after revealing himself was just unbelievable.

I think she was trying to emulate Carrie Fisher's cocain diet...

:lol:

BTW. Didn't Carrie Fisher also blame SW for ruining her career? :huh: Perhaps we'll hear the same from Portman in 10-20 years time. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Poor Portman. What's an actress to do with a line like "I'm so beautiful because I'm so in love"? Unless she had the IQ of a mudpuddle, there is no possible way to sell that kind of crap.

If you want to remember she's good, see Closer. Or Garden State.

She's an actress. If she cna't handle the lines she should have passed on the gig. She didn't; so she takes the blame for what she does. That said, she wasn't as horrible as some claim her to be in E2. Sure beats Carrie Fisher who other than her body wans't that impressive in the OT or any other movie she has ever acted in.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

She's an actress. If she cna't handle the lines she should have passed on the gig. She didn't; so she takes the blame for what she does.

Well, cheese lines are still cheese no matter who says 'em. That has little to do with acting talent.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nonsense. I've watche dlike 3 movies to day - all had some idiotic actor yelling, "NOOOOOOOOO!" and sounding a lot better than Vader does in E3.. Why? The actor does a better job with the material. 'Nough said. Sure. Lines cna be cheesy; but just like good material can be flubbed by poor acting; cheesy material can be brought to a better place with solid, well placed acting skillz...

Nonsense. I've watche dlike 3 movies to day - all had some idiotic actor yelling, "NOOOOOOOOO!" and sounding a lot better than Vader does in E3.. Why? The actor does a better job with the material. 'Nough said. Sure. Lines cna be cheesy; but just like good material can be flubbed by poor acting; cheesy material can be brought to a better place with solid, well placed acting skillz...

Well the whole NOOOOOOOO!! thing is totally out place. The reason the other actors are doing a better job is because the lines are placed more appropriately.

Script is just as important as acting ability. Many great actors have had awful performances because of poor script writing.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Well the whole NOOOOOOOO!! thing is totally out place. The reason the other actors are doing a better job is because the lines are placed more appropriately."

No. I haven't watched E3; but just listening to the 'NOOOO!' repeatedly on the 'net out of context makes me wanna scream 'NOOOOOOOO!' myself 'cause it's just plain not so good.

"Script is just as important as acting ability."

For the absolutenes sof the picture; sure; but not for an individual actor.

"Many great actors have had awful performances because of poor script writing."

No. The material may suck; but how the actor comes off doesn't need to be so. Afterall, Guiness whines about the 'awful writing' in SW yet his characters comes off damn good. Now, that's either because he's lying and the writing is actually good or he found a way to deliver it to make it seem better.

Let's take the much maligned Padme. Even though; I perosnally think Portman did an ok job; many didn't. Now, I bet if another actress did the part people's opinions would likely change because the actress would likely approach the dialogue in a different manner than Portman did which could end up making it betetr or even worse.

There's a reason why casting the right actors matters no matter the material.

No. I haven't watched E3; but just listening to the 'NOOOO!' repeatedly on the 'net out of context makes me wanna scream 'NOOOOOOOO!' myself 'cause it's just plain not so good.

You havnt watch EP III ?

478327[/snapback]

"You havnt watch EP III ?"

For someone who reads a lot fo my posts, knows a lot about my opinions, and the like you missed one important fact - I don't go to theatres, and I haven't in nearly 5 years...

P.S. Before someone whines about me not deserving to hav an opinion; I haven't actually made too much comments on E3 itself outside of the things I know occurs either through spoilers, seeing previews, or laughing at 'NOOOOOOOOOOO!'. Nor, I have rated E3 as of yet other than I'm expecting a good movie along the lines of the SW series...

"You havnt watch EP III ?"

For someone who reads a lot fo my posts, knows a lot about my opinions, and the like you missed one important fact - I don't go to theatres, and I haven't in nearly 5 years...

P.S. Before someone whines about me not deserving to hav an opinion; I haven't actually made too much comments on E3 itself outside of the things I know occurs either through spoilers, seeing previews, or laughing at 'NOOOOOOOOOOO!'. Nor, I have rated E3 as of yet other than I'm expecting a good movie along the lines of the SW series...

So your basically recycling other peoples opinions rather than having one of your own. :ermm:

478327[/snapback]

No. People are comparing the OT with the NT. I've seen the first two movies so I know they are being bogus when the claim the OT is better. Period. When I have said, matter of factly, that E3 was the best of the bunch? Never. That's when.