The Disciple Poll

What do you think of Disciple after playing the game?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Disciple after playing the game?

• Boring
    • Sweet
    • HOT!!
    • I want to carry his child!
    • Always played as male so I never got him
    • Insignificant compared to Carth and/or Atton
    • Dirty spy for the Republic......
    • Oh yeah, that guy I met on Dantooine and never used......
    • I wanted to see darkside Atton kick his ass....... *cry*
    • OMG, someone actually said Disciple!

Haven't had Disciple in my party yet, but here are my comments on him so far:

- I can't imagine that he's superior or even equal to the Handmaiden in terms of combat ability.

- I've checked dialog.tlk, and can confirm that if you're dark side, he becomes a senator, and if you're light side, he joins the Jedi Council. I particularly like the bit about him doing so "reluctantly," as it's reminiscent of Plato's argument that the people most fit to govern are those who don't want to govern.

- Every time I see the name Disciple, I immediately think of the red guy with the squeaky voice in season three of Red vs. Blue.

• 10 months later...

i said i wanted to see ds atton kill him, but i think it would be cool if HK could blast his pretty boy a** ;)

"Eager declaration: Die pretty boy meatbag! Die die die!!!"

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Ugh... Disciple. I don't know what was wrong with the guy.

Let's start with basics:

A. His apperance:

- Hair: not that bad, except blonde looked strange (a little bit like the Male PC version with dark brown hair)

- His mouth: Oh my God his teeth, whenever he talked, annoyed the hell out of me.

- His voice: ungodly annoying, didn't even suit him

B. His Dialogue:

It was just stupid, pointless, and boring. The best scenes with him in them were the ones where Kreia played with his mind. I liked those ^_^.

C. Since his bow on Dantooine, I knew there was something wrong with him -- especially if he bowed to a man if you play Male PC. I then began to assume he was some sort of fruitcake and ignored him in my party as a female Exhile.

D. How does he love you? And why does some sort of obscure weird fruit get a real future when the resident hottie of the game *cough* Atton *cough* get insulted by Kreia? I was screaming at the computer, "What?!" when she said he was a fool TWICE.

I actually like Disciple in general in combat because he had good feats/good viality, etc. He proved useful in many situations except his battle cries annoyed me, but then again mostly everyone's except Mandalore's were irritating.

Omg, I know how you feel! I was like, "No Atton, you're not a fool! You're not!" And then when Kreia said that the Disciple truly loved me and could not take loves with them to the Outer Rim, I was like, "W...t...f! I never even talked to you!" At least Dark Spock, Kreia says -specifically- that you cannot take Visas or Disciple. This leaves room for Atton! Bwahaha.

i said i wanted to see ds atton kill him, but i think it would be cool if HK could blast his pretty boy a**  :lol:

"Eager declaration: Die pretty boy meatbag! Die die die!!!"

Why the heck do people keep necroposting!?! its just not tactful.

but anyway, i voted that i wanted to carry his baby, whereupon i would throw it onto the ground and crush its head with my foot :p

I think Atton was s'posed to be the lead romance... That's all I'll say on that issue before I'm branded with a pink triangle

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Having Disciple die in you arms would be neat, after you plunge the lightsaber into him.  ;)

After you cut off his hands for trying to turn you from the darkside. :) And maybe lop off a leg, foot or two for good measure.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Having Disciple die in you arms would be neat, after you plunge the lightsaber into him.  :cat:

Gabrielle, there are days you really scare me.

I like the Disciple, I think his voice was way wrong, I believe much of the "Disciple Hate" can be ascribed to that psuedo-British voice. Re-voice him American, and I believe far fewer will find him annoying.

Edited by SSgtSniper

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

It's not the accent that annoys me; its what he says and how he says it. Not the accent, but the tone, the pitch - the pompous arrogance. He is so sure that he is right all of the time. Disciple is a jerk.

He's far too much of a "do-gooder", or seems to portray it when really, he's as bad as everyone else if not worse. At least Atton admits his problems. Disciple does too, but not really. I'm not altogether sure what it is about him, but he annoys me a lot.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Guest The Architect

When I first saw Disciple I wanted to kill him, then feed his corpse to the kinrath's. I hate that poofter. I would've liked to see (DS Female Exile) Atton Rand kick his ass on Malachor V.

I didn't like Disciple because he was a pompous know it all. Seems like the ladies get shafted when it comes to romances. Disciple in Kotor 2, Carth in Kotor 1, Anomen in BG2. :huh:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester