Whoa! GL considers KotOR 1 canon?

Sorry if this has been done to death- but...

I just read this:

fan boys might recall that George Lucas actually regards the events of KOTOR I as being part of the true history of the SW Universe and not just part of the so-called Expanded Universe.

At http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/artic..._id=7197&page=3

(I mean the link is on teh Obsidian homepage so I'm sure you've all read it)

Was this made up? If not.... that's pretty friggin awesome. Is there a quote from GL anywhere that even mentions KotOR I? I didn't think there was.

Anyway, sorry for wasting everyone's time if this has already been discussed in a thread (I could probably have searched but... well I'm kinda trying to complete History coursework at the same time so ya'know... :)" )

I just read this:

fan boys might recall that George Lucas actually regards the events of KOTOR I as being part of the true history of the SW Universe and not just part of the so-called Expanded Universe.

Was this made up? If not.... that's pretty friggin awesome. Is there a quote from GL anywhere that even mentions KotOR I? I didn't think there was.

Anyway, sorry for wasting everyone's time if this has already been discussed in a thread (I could probably have searched but... well I'm kinda trying to complete History coursework at the same time so ya'know... :rolleyes:" )

Interesting, maybe he will be personally involved in the development of KotOR III? :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just read this:

Anyway, sorry for wasting everyone's time if this has already been discussed in a thread (I could probably have searched but... well I'm kinda trying to complete History coursework at the same time so ya'know... :p" )

Interesting, maybe he will be personally involved in the development of KotOR III? :ermm:

I'd much prefer a Darth Revan reference in Episode III...

Preferably along the lines of:

Yoda: A more powerful Jedi there has not been since Revan, and greatest amongst us was he. Yet fall to the Dark Side he did still...

(in refence to Anakin)

Or Palpatine (in this much vaunted "history of the Sith" talk he is meant to give Anakin)

Darth Revan was the first to bear this title...

I've never heard this said before.

What I found peculiar about that, is that if Lucas supports KotOR as being more than EU, by referencing EU in the game, isn't he, by extension, supporting EU as well?

Know what I mean?

(Hypothetically, what if Thrawn appeared in EP3. You could say that Lucas, by including an book character in the movie, is acknowledging that book, making it more canon than it was previously.)

I just read this:

Anyway, sorry for wasting everyone's time if this has already been discussed in a thread (I could probably have searched but... well I'm kinda trying to complete History coursework at the same time so ya'know... :wub:" )

Interesting, maybe he will be personally involved in the development of KotOR III? o:)

i sure hope not... :o

ur all hopeless

Hey, I'm just curious to see if GL ever commented on KotOR.

I mean, considering the amount of people with the opinion, "It's the best star wars film ever made" (at least since the OT) I would think he'd be a bit like "Hey, they made a better pie with my ingredients, how'd they do that! I want a piece!"

George does not consider anything besides his work.

That does not nean EU material is not used by him, after all in the special editions there were several Eu references, such as the Outrider in "A New Hope" and a lot we see in the prequels comes from EU (Coruscant).

As many of us know how "Shadow of the Empire" was a great effort and its not consider by Geoge Lucas to be official so why would SW:KotOR be?

In a way I am sad seeing SW:KotOR faboys being so anyoing ... the only reason the Star Wars Database had KotOR entries is because they were pretty much spammed into include then.

drakron.png

George does not consider anything besides his work.

That does not nean EU material is not used by him, after all in the special editions there were several Eu references, such as the Outrider in "A New Hope" and a lot we see in the prequels comes from EU (Coruscant).

As many of us know how "Shadow of the Empire" was a great effort and its not consider by Geoge Lucas to be official so why would SW:KotOR be?

In a way I am sad seeing SW:KotOR faboys being so anyoing ... the only reason the Star Wars Database had KotOR entries is because they were pretty much spammed into include then.

Ok, now that was just plain well, not rude... but perhaps a little condescending. Mainly because I don't think I'm being "annoying", nor do I think anyone in the thread is being annoying.

Notice the way I phrased this topic:

"Whoa! GL considers KotOR 1 canon?"

It was a question, a very surprised question since I didn't believe it. It would be cool, but I don't believe it.

I didn't say "WHOA! GL CONSIDERS KOTOR 1 CANON! ROXOR!"

I am more curious as to where the reviewer got that opinion from. That's all.

:ph34r:

I just read this:

Anyway, sorry for wasting everyone's time if this has already been discussed in a thread (I could probably have searched but... well I'm kinda trying to complete History coursework at the same time so ya'know... :thumbsup:" )

Interesting, maybe he will be personally involved in the development of KotOR III? :ermm:

I'd much prefer a Darth Revan reference in Episode III...

Preferably along the lines of:

Yoda: A more powerful Jedi there has not been since Revan, and greatest amongst us was he. Yet fall to the Dark Side he did still...

(in refence to Anakin)

Or Palpatine (in this much vaunted "history of the Sith" talk he is meant to give Anakin)

Darth Revan was the first to bear this title...

HA!

'Tis not going to happen, but if it did...I'd have to smile.

manthing2.jpg

ANYBODY can write whatever they want in Wikipedia. They need to cite their source... wikipedia is not a valid source.

even the devs said that if you picked I don't know from you list of choices about revan that he would be a LS Male so really while the site maybe suspect that part of the info is dead on.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Ok, now that was just plain well, not rude... but perhaps a little condescending. Mainly because I don't think I'm being "annoying", nor do I think anyone in the thread is being annoying.

I said KotOR fanboys are anoying.

A lot of people that really dont know much of how Star Wars works in relation to EU make some mistakes over what *is* considered part of EU and what is not, problem with KotOR is at points it simply disreguard everything that is part of the EU and we have people defending the wierd notion that KotOR is more "official" that something else written 5 years ago.

Notice the way I phrased this topic:

"Whoa! GL considers KotOR 1 canon?"

It was a question, a very surprised question since I didn't believe it.  It would be cool, but I don't believe it.

Yes its a queston but its better directed to LucasArts, LucasFilms or LucasBooks since they know what its considered canon or not.

I didn't say "WHOA! GL CONSIDERS KOTOR 1 CANON! ROXOR!"

I am more curious as to where the reviewer got that opinion from. That's all.

:ph34r:

I would guess from the same place were he got the:

"At the beginning of the game, the

drakron.png

I read in an interview with Timothy Zahn that Coruscant was George Lucas' idea. ;)

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

If he took a personal interest it might explain a few things.

Just think he could be lurking on the boards right now...

*points at ShadowPaladin in mock horror*

GASP

You're George Lucas!

ARGH! That's why the New Trilogy sucks (IMO, please no OT vs NT wars now)! GL spends way too much time lurking boards instead of making good movies!!!

heh J/K.

Btw, I'd be curious to know what GL considers k2...