Obsidian

kirottu

Obsidian Entertainment is indeed working on a third project. All I can really say is that it's in a state of pre-production at the moment and it is not a Bioware license.

:cool: (w00t)

It's not a sequel  :p

:cool: (w00t) x2

Project New Jersey......how about that forum now?  ;)  (.. it doesn't really have that nice of a ring to it..)

New forum would indeed be cool. Ah the smell of new forum. ;) Oh, New Jersey indeed doesn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Wow.. A third project.. Please, if there is a God, convince Obsidian to make it a post apocalyptic RPG, using the Unreal 3 or Crytek engine (yeah, right..). I haven't played a really good PA-RPG since 1987!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Obsidian Entertainment is indeed working on a third project. All I can really say is that it's in a state of pre-production at the moment and it is not a Bioware license.

'Tis quite a pity if KotOR is taking back seat, really liked what you did with part II and wouldn't mind continuation of the story in reasonable time... ^^;;

Now what are we going to do, to entertain ourselves until the Project New Jersey sections shows up then ?...

b010.gif

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Now what are we going to do, to entertain ourselves until the Project New Jersey sections shows up then ?...

b010.gif

Speculate non-stop about what that game will be about. :D

Just testing something...

Jefferson!

(I don't believe that, but just want to test a theory about Ramza being psychic and able to spot the word, half a world away)

:cool:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

so i understand this. this third game bit.

1. was kotor 2

2. is nwn 2

3. is this new game

correct?

correct.

I guess it's safe to say Obsidian isn't doing KOTOR3 then, unless they intend on working on 3 different games at the same time. Either that, or KOTOR3 won't be seen until after NWN2 has been released, thus freeing up some manpower to work on KOTOR3.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Or a prequel to Kotor... :p

Knights of the very old Republic: The adventures of the young Exar Kun :rolleyes:

Prequels suck and should not even be considered. In good writing a story needs to progress, not regress and prequels and flashbacks are a regression and not progression. I perfer Obsidian not do KotOR 3 at all because it seemed that Lucas Arts screwed Obsidian over on the development time of KotOR 2 and they shouldn't have any future dealings with a publsher like that.

A game is done when it is done, not when the publisher wants it out rushed for Christmas.

A game is done when it is done, not when the publisher wants it out rushed for Christmas.

Amen to that :p

Still crossing fingers and hoping for some dark futuristic, sci-fi stuff, whether it be Warhammer 40K or Cyberpunk doesn't really matter. Enough with the fighter-mages with glowing magic swords already...

Yeah, I would like seeing something "alternative"...My guess is that they would like to try something completely original (own Intellectual Property) after the unfortunate faith of Torn.

Also...I still have faith in ye ol' Isometric Engine...While today's market may be concentrated on 3D, I think a badass up-to-date isometric engine combined with a badass CRPG would still do GREAT wonders :-

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

:( i'm thinking to much but here it goes. i been thinking bout everything surrounding k3. i was jut curious could hedgehog wrong bout the company who's making kotor 3? i know probably having wishful thinking. just i cann't get article my head. yes i read the layoff article. but i cann't help feel that la is holding because the k2 mess. man i have to much free time.