Do You Think Revan Deserved A Second Chance?

Do You Think Revan Deserved A Second Chance In Life??

I mean not many sith lords were given a second chance at life like Revan had been, now look at the situation.Palpatine was wicked as ever and pure evil but he didn't get a second chance at life in his real body like Revan did.from what I can think of any other Jedi sith lord has not had a second chance like Revan had.

Do any of you agree or disagree?

Palpatine did had a 2nd chance! The Empire made a clone and Palpatine used the force to send his consciousness into his new body.

So basicly Palpatine will never join the light since he can remove his consciousness at will.

I mean not many sith lords were given a second chance at life like Revan had been, now look at the situation.Palpatine was wicked as ever and pure evil but he didn't get a second chance at life in his real body like Revan did.from what I can think of any other Jedi sith lord has not had a second chance like Revan had.

he did get a second chance. what do you think the light side ending was all about? <_<

edit: yeah ignore this. i misread the original post :">

The Jedi Council never really 'redeemed' Revan for he never truly fell to the Dark Side - his choices were always his own regardless of the personality he wore. He became the Dark Lord out of necessity for the greater good of the galaxy...to fight the

True Sith

This is all revealed in K2. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

The Jedi Council never really 'redeemed' Revan for he never truly fell to the Dark Side - his choices were always his own regardless of the personality he wore.  He became the Dark Lord out of necessity for the greater good of the galaxy...to fight the

True Sith

This is all revealed in K2.  :lol:

thats not necessarily true. thats only what

kreia

tells us. considering everything she told us, it could be a complete lie.

The Jedi Council never really 'redeemed' Revan for he never truly fell to the Dark Side - his choices were always his own regardless of the personality he wore.  He became the Dark Lord out of necessity for the greater good of the galaxy...to fight the

True Sith

This is all revealed in K2.  :lol:

thats not necessarily true. thats only what

kreia

tells us. considering everything she told us, it could be a complete lie.

A lot of what

kreia said in the beginning

were indeed lies. But not the

post-influence

conversations, and not the

ending 'splashscreen'

conversation. :)

manthing2.jpg

how do you know that?

If anything, that would be the ultimate revenge on her part by making you think the worst was yet to come.

If you're familar with her charcter then you'd know that that was the farthest thing from her motives. In fact, she thought

you were beautiful and loved you because in you she saw the death of the Force.

I suggest you play the game again or visit the following threads, lest this topic become derailed/hijacked:

Filling in the plot holes at the end...

AND:

The StoryLine - repeatadly asked questions

:lol:

manthing2.jpg

ive played it twice.

her entire character was about betrayal so i dont see it as a stretch to believe that nothing she said could be believed, even at the end.

im not saying that it was what she was up to, but im saying that you dont have definite proof she wasnt. those threads you linked to were just conjecture, much like what im doing.

Palpatine didn't have something the Jedi Council wanted... Revan did.

ive played it twice. 

her entire character was about betrayal so i dont see it as a stretch to believe that nothing she said could be believed, even at the end.

Incorrect.

She was only interested in betraying those who have betrayed her - Sion, Nihilus, Atris & The Jedi Council, and last but not least the Force. In fact the entire game she wished no harm to be brought to the Exile by others, but only wanted him to be greater than she was.

Really now, if you failed to notice that, you might want to consider re-playing the game. ;)

im not saying that it was what she was up to, but im saying that you dont have definite proof she wasnt.  those threads you linked to were just conjecture, much like what im doing.

Incorrect again.

Her character development is the 'proof'. To act in the way you suggested would be acting out of character.

This isn't Darth Malak or some blood thirsty shmo we're taling about.:rolleyes:

And let's keep this On Topic for Bastila Skywalker's sake. :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

Incorrect. 

She was only interested in betraying those who have betrayed her - Sion, Nihilus, Atris & The Jedi Council, and last but not least the Force.  In fact the entire game she wished no harm to be brought to the Exile by others,  but only wanted him to be greater than she was.

Really now, if you failed to notice that, you might want to consider re-playing the game.  ;)

yeah, considering the fact she tried to kill you at the end. she wished no harm to your character at all. and considering she left you for dead on dantoine. oh i forgot, there was an option NOT to fight her at the end.

[/sarcasm]

Incorrect again. 

Her character development is the 'proof'.  To act in the way you suggested would be acting out of character.

This isn't Darth Malak or some blood thirsty shmo we're taling about.:rolleyes:

again,

her entire purpose was "betrayal". she said it over and over that the betrayer was ALWAYS needed. she said it when you ask her about atris. her purpose is to betray and use manipulation to sway you. you still havent shown proof that she did not lie even at the end. youre just using what she wants you to know and what you want to believe as proof.

that is not proof.

so basically, even though

she lied to you the entire game, your "proof" is the fact you believe at the end she, for some reason, chose to tell you the truth. my point is she lied the entire game, what makes you think that her reasoning at the end is the actual truth and not just more lies?

I think Jag is right on this one.  You would have to be looking too hard to think everything she said was a lie, especially the stuff at the end.

- dr cloak

and im not saying he is not right. all im saying is, she lied for a vast majority of the game, so why would she suddenly tell the truth at the end?

but meh, its not a big deal. im just saying that it could be possible, given her actions throughout the game.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Huge amount of spoiler tags which I aint gonna read, so I will just put in a post totally seperate from the discussion above me.

No, he problably didnt. He is most likely responsible for numerable war crimes, whatever they were, but since the Jedi/Republic were desperate against the Sith, they had to use Revan anyway they could. They needed him to reveal the location of the Star Forge.

In the end, for whatever reason, he got his chance, and however you yourselves played it, lives up to his second chance or totally screws it up.

Thats my answer.

(This post not related to above discussion that is full of spoiler tags)

(So just keep havin your discussion if you want)

Getting a second chance is what being a Jedi is all about. No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes, so yeah, he deserved a second chance. As for war crimes, he certainly committed many atrocities while under the influence of the darkside, but under the influence is the operative term. If a drunk driver isn't responsible for his actions, neither is a fallen jedi. From what I've read, once you give in to the darkside you have very little control over your actions, other than having a choice of methods while killing someone.

A wise Jedi master once said,"Once you start down the dark path there is no turning back. Only through." He was talking to Ullic Cel Droma. Ullic became a Sith Lord, was even indirectly responsible for detonating a sun and destroying a solar system. He was Exar Kun's co Sith Lord(yep, there were two at the same time). Exar died, but Ullic was redeemed in the end. So Revan's second chance isn't exactly new.

When all is said and done, it comes down to why Revan fell in the first place. If it was because of a petty love of power, no, he doesn't deserve a second chance, under the influence or not. But, I've always hoped he wasn't that common, that he had good intentions that lead him down a rough road with little choice. Of course, if I were a Jedi, I'd give him a chance regardless of what his reasons were.

[if a drunk driver isn't responsible for his actions, neither is a fallen jedi. From what I've read, once you give in to the darkside you have very little control over your actions, other than having a choice of methods while killing someone.

A wise Jedi master once said,"Once you start down the dark path there is no turning back. Only through." He was talking to Ullic Cel Droma. Ullic became a Sith Lord, was even indirectly responsible for detonating a sun and destroying a solar system. He was Exar Kun's co Sith Lord(yep, there were two at the same time). Exar died, but Ullic was redeemed in the end. So Revan's second chance isn't exactly new.

You don't hold drunk drivers responsible for their actions? 'I just killed your family but it's okay because I was drunk'. And Ulic (one L) was the apprentice to Exar Kun as he was named the Sith Lord. And wasn't Ulic redeemed in death only?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

What Kreia says is up to you to deceipher. You have to pick out the truth among the lies. There's no real rule to go with. It's like the old George Carlin joke:

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS TRUE.

THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT IS FALSE.

You have to pick what you want to believe in. Like life, in that regard.

True Sith

This is all revealed in K2.  o:)

Exactly.

That kind of should be the end of the topic, but it will probably yield some intelligent comments, so...

P.S. Points and laughs.

No, it isn't ok for a drunk to kill my family, it also isn't entirely his fault. Say you come home and find your wife doing the nasty with another man. You grab your gun and shoot him. Things go to trial and you walk. Why? Temporary insanity. You lost it and weren't in control. Should you be put on death row because you had a human reaction and couldn't control it? Of course not, you should be given a second chance. Fined heavily, and given a second chance. Not only a good idea, its the law...

As for Ulic, didn't they both have those forhead marks signifying lordship? Its been awhile since I read those books. And yeah, he died to gain redemption(left no body ala Obi-Wan), but he was redeemed. If the force believes in redemption, thats good enough for me.