Is there anything you don't like about KotOR2?

From what we know so far is there anything you don't like about KotOR2?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. From what we know so far is there anything you don't like about KotOR2?

• I like everything so far
    • there is a few things I have a problum with
    • I don't like anything about the game so far

I think what has been revealed so far is *very* promising; so at this point I can't find anything to dislike, and there's much to be excited about. After the game is released, as it was with Kotor, I don't think there will be things that are downright 'badly' done, but as always everyone's free to have his own opinion of how it might have been made better.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Everything about Kotor 2 sounds great so far and I look forward to playing it.

I can't say if there's anything I don't like until I have actually played the game. Rating it now,would be like judging a book by its cover. :)

You do realize that, however unintentionally, you've made a thread that openly baits Hades_One to start flaming about things again?

Oh, Ye foolish mortals, do Ye realize what Ye've done!? Ye'll bring the Old One down upon us! Flee while there's time! :)

Seriously, I don't mind if Hades_One's complains as long as his complainments are not about the d2 or whatever its name was, system <_<.

Edit: Horray! 400:th post. That deserves to be celebrated by some changes...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

You do realize that, however unintentionally, you've made a thread that openly baits Hades_One to start flaming about things again?

Oh, Ye foolish mortals, do Ye realize what Ye've done!? Ye'll bring the Old One down upon us! Flee while there's time! :)

Seriously, I don't mind if Hades_One's complains as long as his complainments are not about the d2 or whatever its name was, system <_<.

Edit: Horray! 400:th post. That deserves to be celebrated by some changes...

It's D20

I don't dislike, so much as I get worried and interested about the structure of the plot. It sure seems like we won't be doing the "Get X pieces of Y and go to Z" formula, which is a GoodThing<tm>. If I want that, I'll play Zelda, or (ahem) KotOR1. :)

With that in mind, I just wonder what the plot structure'll be.

Things just got a lot better now it looks like the hoods option will be in the game!!!!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I do like the fact that we're going to get a game made by Obsidian. I'm excited to see the final result by this obviously talented group of people. Still, it's their first attempt under this new constellation.

I don't like the fact that they've kept the engine from the first game. It seems to be too restricting in terms of world size among other things.

Naturally I voted for.. uh.. the middle option.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I loved the first game. And so far everything that's been released has given me indication that it'll surpass the first game. So obviously I voted for liking everything.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It looks like they're adding everything we wanted in the original KOTOR. Hoods, expanding animations for feats, ability to change party-members light/dark nature.

It looks like the game will be a top one :lol:

Amen! :)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Gee, its great being loved.

There are a few things about this game that bothers me, asid e that its a Biwoare Hand-me-down so I will list them all.

First and foremost being forced to play a Force user. Yes, I know it has "Knights" in the title but I have played the Star Wars PnP RPG, both WEG and WotC's version and I like playing my character. I stay away from the munchkin characters and if I had the choice of any class in SW d20 it would be the Scoundrel or the Noble. Hell, I wouldn't mind multiclassing them for a really interesting character. :D Like I said, I would stay away from lame munchkin characcters which all the force using classes are.

Another thing I hated about KotOR is its combat. There is no way to do any sort of strategic or tactic combat in KotOR and I assume, since it uses the same engine and style, KotOR2 will be done in the same way. I go into solo mode to have one character stand in one location, then when I solo another character by switching the first character runs off and blows any sort of plan I would have had. Bottomline, the combat sucks.

Speaking of combat I really do not like the Phase combat system. Either make it full real time or make it full turn base. Being in the middle is bad, squish like bug bad. I really hate crap like that.

Another aspect I hated about KotOR, which it will most probably follow suit in KotOR2, is the damn linearity of the game. Sure you determine what planet order you visit places but each planet had its own linear systematic quest structure that was very narrow in its story arc. I mean, I could beat the game blind folded and I only played KotOR three and a half times.

Anyway, these are my problems with KotOR2. Beyond that I expect it to be a decent game. Now, was that so bad? ;)

:huh: In every post you make, your always complaing about something KotOR related, but then you say you played the game three and a half times. ;) And JEDIDAN12386, why didn't you call this topic "I love Hades One". :);) But seriously Obsidian, please remove this terrible black plague known as Hades One from this place of peace and serenity, and banish this demon from the Forums FOREVER!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Now, was that so bad? ;)

no, not really i thought you were going to really going to have a bash fest...

although most of your points are correct and do need to be changed.

My one Major gripe is your team mate AI it sucked. many a time when i was disarming a mine they would run through it and almost kill me. or they would not follow you and be on the other side of the map which really pissed me off. <--- happened alot on the starforge. If they make the AI a bit smarter and fise a few things that hades_one stated it would be a better game without the frustrating parts.

:huh: In every post you make, your always complaing about something KotOR related, but then you say you played the game three and a half times. ;) And JEDIDAN12386, why didn't you call this topic "I love Hades One". :);) But seriously Obsidian, please remove this terrible black plague known as Hades One from this place of peace and serenity, and banish this demon from the Forums FOREVER!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Junior, shush yourself. You seem to forget that I have also stated that I like KotOR despite its shortcomings. B)

no, you can't take him away...hes the comedy relief. its always fun to see what he can think up to complain about.

:huh: In every post you make, your always complaing about something KotOR related, but then you say you played the game three and a half times. ;) And  JEDIDAN12386, why didn't you call this topic "I love Hades One". :huh:  :) But seriously Obsidian, please remove this terrible black plague known as Hades One from this place of peace and serenity, and banish this demon from the Forums FOREVER!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Junior, shush yourself. You seem to forget that I have also stated that I like KotOR despite its shortcomings. B)

;) Ah...so that's why you complain about the game so much... :lol::p