Final villian is it Revan?

I just find it hard to think of any really good ways to bring revan back. With all the different ways people could have played it makes almost impossible to get it right unless there is a bunch of question you have to answer during the character creation screen (i.e. carth: dead? yes or no, Bastila: dead yes or no, etc.). While yes I wouldn't mind meeting up with Bastila and Revan during the game I just think that it would be better to leave it too NPC's telling the PC what happened to revan. Other than answering a bunch of questions the only other way I can think that they might bring revan back (and this goes for the original party NPC's) is for Obsidian to set a baseline of revan either being pure LS and having everyone return or Revan being Pure DS and having only canderus, T3, and HK return. If anyone else can think of anyother reasons please let me know.

I know what you mean. I have tried to think about how bringing Revan back without conflicting the various combinations in which we can create Revan and it just seems extremely close to being impossible. I think what you said is correct. That Obsidian will have to create a handful of Revans for each major choice like LS/DS or Male/Female.

And how will the incorporate the romance choices you made? I remember playing one game as a LS Female Revan and romancing both Carth and Juhani. Do you think that will be one of the questions you receive from an NPC?

And how will the incorporate the romance choices you made?  I remember playing one game as a LS Female Revan and romancing both Carth and Juhani.  Do you think that will be one of the questions you receive from an NPC?

Since the romance option was important to alot of people I would think that they would find away to work it in to the line of questions.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I just don't see how they could bring back Revan, while only asking their gender and have people satisfied

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Reading the latest previews, it sounds like the ONLY question you'll be asked, besides a LS or DS ending, is if Revan was male or female. I was hoping for a bit more indepth than that.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I would imagine that there will be some questions you will have to answer in order to get past party-npcs whether it be from a npc or during the character creatation we more than likely wont know until the release but with everyone wanting to see someone different I am sure they will figure out a way to make it so that everyone will have a chance to come back (other than Juhani since akari said it was doubtful that she would return).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

:lol:

AscendedPaladin.png

I doubt Revan will be the final villain in the game. I think that spot's basically reserved for Darth Scion. That doesn't mean that Revan can't be worked into the plot in a satisfying manor. As long as Revan doesn't have voiced dialogue and isn't defeated easily by my new pc, or Scion, or a whord of lightsaber wielding maniacs, I'll be happy. Revan should definately go out in a blaze of glory ... or maybe Revan rides a speeder bike off into the 5 sunsets. That'd be ok too.

i find it odd that if kotor 1 ended good your new char is the last jedi or is it believed to be the last jedi so maybe they could use the quote if you stuff up "no there is another". If you went dark side well you would expect him to either be one of the sith lords or perhaps they will be his apprentices and he is now emporer of the sith. Hk47 is rumored to have a big impact on the game so chances are Hk47 will kill revan or already has given his track record. that way i would think bastilla will be a key part for kotor 2 given her set appearance and the light or dark side despite whether or not u killed her in your game.

Hk47 is rumored to have a big impact on the game so chances are Hk47 will kill revan or already has given his track record. that way i would think bastilla will be a key part for kotor 2 given her set appearance and the light or dark side despite whether or not u killed her in your game.

I think HK47 couldn't come close to killing Revan considering he had trouble with Mandalore. Revan would scrap him if any traitorous thoughts crossed that maniacal droid's mind.

I think Revan left a message with HK which you have to unlock slowly to recover it.

For Bastilla, I have a feeling she has a strong role to play in the game.

As for Revan being the last Sith Lord, I find highly improbable as Revan didn't strike me as the kind of person to share power willingly.

I think Revan left a message with HK which you have to unlock slowly to recover it.

Oooh, I like that idea...good one. B)

For Bastilla, I have a feeling she has a strong role to play in the game.

I strongly doubt this. I think that if anything she will make a small cameo, or perhaps will be seen in cutscenes.

Bastila is too popular to be ignored just like that.

And back to the topic: I think it would be fun to duel with Revan. We've heard incredible things about this guy so I'm anxious to check this out!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I think, tho this isn't an original idea on my part, that the masked persons identity changes depending on the way you answer the questions. I still think it can be Bastilla, depending on what you say happened in K1.

Hey I posted that idea! :lol: (Anyone going to claim having said it before me...?)

Maybe the MSL is Revan if the KOTOR2 PC is LS and you tell the game Revan was DS in KOTOR1. (With both DS the MSL is Bastila and the PC turns out to be Revan again... Nah, just kidding :) )

As to Revan's voice, yeah sure it can be done. Revan did have a voice in KOTOR1, simply no lines except for random shouts during combat. Although perhaps it would be cooler if for that particular identity of the MSL (and only that one), you just see the sub-titles and hear no dialogue: Revan was ever the quiet one :)

i find it odd that if kotor 1 ended good your new char is the last jedi or is it believed to be the last jedi so maybe they could use the quote if you stuff up "no there is another".

The key phrase is "believed to be". If you read the latest XBN preview, it stated that the remaining Jedi have disbanded and are in hiding. Your character just seems to be the only Jedi remaining who hasn't tried to hide his/her identity or gone into hiding.

Don't forget even though you finished the game LS, the war took a huge toll on the Jedi numbers, especially considering a lot of Jedi were probably killed on Dantooine when Malak bombarded the planet. So even if at the end of KOTOR 1 the LS "won", that doesn't mean their numbers weren't severly down.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Fools, it's obvious Bastila will be the final villain. It must be so. Why else have we not seen the 3rd sith lord? Because it is Bastila. She was very powerful in the first KOTOR and it was obvious she would soon become more powerful than Revan. Perhaps she even killed him. That is all.

Oh nooooo!!

I didn't save that pathetic excuse of a Jedi just to have her fall again to the DS..

She can't be the 3rd Sith Lord (lady), I would kill her first If I was LS Revan!!!

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

No one that you could have killed will have such a vitial role in the game(as said only about 1000 times by now.....actually probaly more than that)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

At first I thought the idea that Revan was the end villain was a bad idea. Now, I don't know. It might be kind of cool, but in all honesty. I think people on here and RPG gamers in general would spot that from a mile away. It would be a major letdown.

But only 8 more weeks to find out!!

Perhaps masked guy is a clone of your character or vice versa.....

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Lol a clone... I highly doubt that. <_<

Uhmm isn't the masked Sith Lord that one dude whose all in pieces that has no bones and is scarred. ( The DS is what is keeping him together.) Just a thought.

*Off-Topic*

I know this sounds noobish... but whose that LS jedi chick? If your evil do you fight her? Does she give you any cool items/abilities? She's in 50 pics so i assume she's important in KOTOR2.