The It Sucks Thread

Reasons (beyond the basic fact that a console is easier to make a game for to begin with) for the X-Box to get a faster release....

11/16

Atari Anthology

Blinx 2: Masters of Time & Space

Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2

ESPN College Hoops 2K5

Fight Club

King Arthur

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

World Championship Poker

11/17 GoldenEye: Rogue Agent

11/23 Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

11/30 100 Bullets

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2

12/01 GunGriffon

12/07 Conker: Live and Reloaded

12/28 MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf

12/30 Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers

1/03 Dead to Rights II

Kameo: Elements of Power

Predator: Concrete Jungle

Red Ninja: End of Honor

Snowblind

The Fast and the Furious

Worms Forts: Under Siege!

Reasons for the PC to beat the Christmas deadline....

11/02 Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2005 Adventures

Playboy: The Mansion

Ultima Online: Samurai Empire

11/04 Return to Mysterious Island

11/05 FlatOut

11/09 American Chopper: The Game

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault: Director's Edition DVD

11/10 Painkiller: Battle out of Hell

11/15 DRIV3R

EverQuest II

Need for Speed Underground 2

11/16 Cold War

CSI: Miami

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Sentinel: Descendants in Time

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Sid Meier's Pirates! Limited Edition

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Zoo Tycoon 2

11/30 Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion

12/01 BlowOut

12/07 Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs

12/31 Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of Arms

1/02 Snowblind

---------------------

OK, now with X amount of dollars to be made from X-Box and Y amount from the PC....

Ultima & Everquest would be a severe kick in the backside on the PC for the holiday season, while letting the season slide by on the X-Box with no other RPG coming out would be a massive loss of quick cash as spending plumets in January.

and personally, it stinks, that most of the games i want are pushed back, and its all the magazines that show of video and or pc games fault, they got the Hype up, and now I'm ticked off.

can i say that???? or does it get deleted

if i cant, then edit it out,

darn forgot something else..... no matter

well, it leaves The Fall, and Bloodrayne II........

DS II and KoToR II were pushed back

NWN II, TES. IV: Oblivion arent due to be released anytime soon........

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

"As originally announced the PC platform and international versions will launch in February 2005".

Does it mean that the pc version and the xbox one will be released simultaneously in february or it's only the xbox and pc version will released in europe more later?

I expect people to keep their word.  If LA can't be moral enough to keep their word then I am not moral enough to pay for their game.

Well said. Whoever is responsible for this "decision" should have done a little research on the profile of pc gamers, as well as our behavior and trends, and they would find out that such things are not taken lightly by us. We invest a lot of money yearly in both hardware and games, we do not just buy a single piece of hardware that will last for years at a time. Most of us follow a game as soon as it is announced untill it is finally released, and yes, we also analyze the company's actions regarding us gamers, as this influences technical support and replayability of our games. As an analogy, a console gamer might not care/ observe that Epic games just signed a contract with midway to sell their games,so that is why the atari logo wont be on the box of unreal championship 2, but you can bet that it will influence pc gamer's decisions over the next unreal tournament.

They have been saying it would be available for both platforms at the same time from day one, and we were already sore from having KOTOR I after the console gamers, doing it again just made it worse. Spoilers will be abundant here and on every single game website. Even if we ignore them there is always someone you know that buys the xbox version and babbles about it to you. Now I ask you all, would you pay the same to watch a movie after someone just told you its whole story? Or would you rather watch one you know nothing about except what you were meant to know prior to watching it? So you see,it's not just about the time. It's about keeping their word, its about playing the game without spoilers,and its about respecting us.

They should have thought about the message they were sending us with this release date news.

What is even worse is the lack of an explanation or any additional content for the PC since it will be coming out later. What WOULD be even worse is if the PC version turns out to be just a port of the xbox version,with its bad graphics/framerates .

I would have settled for an acknowledgement or small apology during the press release from Mike Gallo, rather than mentioning the PC's Feb 2005 release as an afterthought about the "Exciting" news about the XBox version.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm naturally disappointed, but these things happen. I was a bit surprised that TSL was going to make it for a December release in the first place, so the fact that us PC and International XBOX users have to wait an extra couple of months is no biggie for me.

Could someone explain why the international releases for Xbox version have to be delayed also? I mean, I can understand why pc version is delayed since there are more things to consider (hardware testing, etc.). But the Xbox is the same all over the world as it is in USA, so why don

I don't blame Obsidian, nor any of the Developers who have been helpful around here answering questions and such. I don't think it's their fault (though if we find out that work on the X-Box version has been pushed at the expense of the PC version without telling us long before not to expect a simultaneous release, that will irk me more than a bit.)

Nor am I honestly all that concerned that the PC version will be coming out later than the X-Box version. If this had been said from the start, it would have annoyed people, including myself, but I think most would have accepted it after a bit of griping. I'm a dedicated PC gamer, but I'm not so impatient that two months is a forbidding barrier which would destroy my enthusiasm for the game.

The people saying 'It's only two months!', however, are missing the point. By a wide margin.

One of the biggest selling points of this game was that it was supposed to be released simultaneously for both platforms, and they made a big deal about that. This time, there would be no preferential treatment, no X-Boxers hurling around spoilers and plot points while PCers were still waiting impatiently, avoiding spoilers or the forums altogether until they had their own version.

Now, this has been reversed. How was it reversed? Not by a Developer apoligizing for misleading us, or through an official announcement; it was done through an EXCITING BREAKING NEWS REPORT from a gaming web site assuring X-Box gamers they wouldn't have to wait until February to play this fantastic new game! The sudden abandonment of their previous selling point wasn't even mentioned!

Frankly, I think that's a REALLY shabby way to treat your customers. We haven't even gotten an explanation, for god's sakes. We're being treated like a 'sure thing' which can be lied to at will without apology or shame, and that is what angers me, not the delay.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Agreed, the main reason so many people r angry is because LA said it would be a simultaneous release on all platforms. When the release date was announced, we PCGamers felt betrayed and lied to.

This is why i hav asked the question to all developers "if they hav an explanation if they can tell us why, and if not, will we get one and from who.

(see my question that i posted on this forum below.)

Questions to the Devs-take 3

Guest ChaosStorm

I am not going to say everything I have in mind right now - as I don't want this thread closed.

I can wait two months yes, however what worries me most are spoilers. I wasn't visiting KotOR 1 boards before I played the game, so I didn't see much spoilers from Xboxers about the main twists in the story line.

Alright - I will wait two months. I can ask KotOR 2 for my birthday then (although I am quite sure my family will accidentally buy the X-box version of KotOR 1 if I do so, as they always mess up :) ).

What I do ask of the moderators however is that they delete, ban and decapitate every X-boxer who posts a KotOR 2 spoiler in any forum (not topic - but forum!) which hasn't X-box in it's name...

I am European. I can only hope the European release for the PC is at the same time as the US release.

Not a suprise at all. PC gamers and Europians usually get **** like this.

Not that I really care. Plenty of other games I'm gonna play. But it does mean major parts of the plot will be revealed here and everywhere online. Ruining it for the people who can only get it later.

I didn't find out about the different release dates until a couple days ago. Internally, we've been working on X-Box and PC versions of KotOR2 with the same level of dedication and expected to have both of them ready at the same time.

One of the main reasons that the X-Box version is ahead of the PC version is that we were on the X-Box version for a few months before the PC version of KotOR1 even came out so that we could get the PC version code from Bioware. As a result, the X-Box version has always been a little further along, code-wise, than the PC version. That's one reason why the E3 Demo was on X-Box. Because the X-Box build was the only one presentable by then.

I have my own opinions about why there are two different release dates now, but I'm not going to throw fuel on the fire by going into them. As a mostly PC gamer myself, I was looking forward to the anticipated simultaneous releases.

I'm sorry about the news for PC-only gamers.

-Akari

I have my own opinions about why there are two different release dates now, but I'm not going to throw fuel on the fire by going into them. As a mostly PC gamer myself, I was looking forward to the anticipated simultaneous releases.

-Akari

Thanks, Akari, appreciate the explanation. Again, despite a few overzealous folks around here, I doubt most people are blaming you or the other Developers (personally, I blame sloppy marketting on the part of LucasArts), so don't let it bug you. :)

Alas, however, I and (I'll wager) many other PC gamers will still be vanishing from these forums come the X-Box release to preserve ourselves from spoilers.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Guest ChaosStorm
A proper explanation rather than a devs rather late (thanks for that at least Akari) comments would be the least I expected.

Agreed. Although I think we can only get a true explanation from LucasArts. I do hope they post something about that on their site. Maybe the devs here could persuade them a bit to give an explanation?

I didn't find out about the different release dates until a couple days ago. Internally, we've been working on X-Box and PC versions of KotOR2 with the same level of dedication and expected to have both of them ready at the same time. 

One of the main reasons that the X-Box version is ahead of the PC version is that we were on the X-Box version for a few months before the PC version of KotOR1 even came out so that we could get the PC version code from Bioware. As a result, the X-Box version has always been a little further along, code-wise, than the PC version.  That's one reason why the E3 Demo was on X-Box. Because the X-Box build was the only one presentable by then.

-Akari

I know I quoted Akari, but this is more a question (no doubt rhetorical since LA probably won't ever explain their decision to PC gamers) is: If LucasArts knew all along that the XBox version was already ahead of development than the PC version, then why even mention a simultaneous release? Especially considering that even if they were started at the same time, as has been mentioned, the PC version requires more bug testing and checks to see that it works on most system configurations. To me, it seems like a rather dumb thing for LA to promise its PC fans.

And regarding the spoilers, the problem is it's not as easy as just avoiding THIS website or the Lucasarts one. It's the fact that ANY and ALL gaming forums will have mentions of the plot, even in threads dedicated to other games. I know that I have personally click on threads on other forums discussing a different RPG and someone chimed in with "you think that was a twist? you should see the twist in KOTOR". Chances are that same thing will happen again.

But there's nothing to do about it now. Just try and ignore as best we can any spoilers that are posted on any message board.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)